i feel like im losing this battle

[Pi...]

Wow is failed to realize you went from 8 mg to zero ct! That's n extremely high dose. And was dangerous. Glad you made it through. The higher the mg and dose the more severe and pronounced the effects will be and to linger. That caused a massive shock to the brain and body,and its trying to come out of everything very slowly and piece it together. I can't imagine ct off of that amount. Your a warrior. Ct also cause harsher longer WD that can be tough. But your doing amazing considering that. It may takes a couple years or so,so hang in there buddy one day you'll notice an ease and lift

Yeah pk 6-18 months to heal..but some people may take longer with considering variables. You could be healed in that 18 months. But some people do take longer like 20 months 22 or 24 months or more. I'm guessing you'll feel better and almost healed by 18 months 18 months to two years and almost healed. But don't get down if your not it would pry only take a bit longer. You never know bro. Your winning though and doing good.

Age means nothing with this stuff. Its a crap, shoot. Read the auccess stories and gather some ideas. 6-18 is average and thats usually after a taper.... Us ct folks are also however in that range... But some people are a bit further on the unlucky side and need 1,2,3 years. But that is rare and extraneous.

ive seen many slow tapers last 2+ years, and ct's as well. ive seen fast recoverys, and slow recoverys. nothing do to with age, ct, slow taper, etc

so why do you conclude that CT makes a wd longer? ive never seen any proof of this

Never said that..... Def says we are in the 6-18 mmth range..... Some people take more though. Since theres no real science behind it its all random luck of the draw. Hopefully you and i and others arent that unlucky batch.

Wow, ct off 8 mg, I can't imagine! I took 9 mos. to taper off 1.5 mg K., prescribed for neuro issues for 15 years. Being on a high dose for a short time or a low dose for a long time both seem to spell out a possibly more protracted withdrawal or recovery. BUT! You are doing better than you think! I've been off for 8 mos. and thought I was in the clear, but seem to be having more waves coming at me in the 8th month, while months 6-7 were pretty good. So it goes. I've accepted the non-linear progress, and keep my eye on the prize.

I'm a 66 year old woman with other health issues cropping up that make this tough, but if I can do it, I know you can!

Read Dr. Ashton's manual when you can't do anything else, and read the success stories here. The experiences here have seen me through some terrible nights (and days). Helping others with your story is an endorphin-releaser!

Theres success stories talking about it taking longer than the average and theyre all doing really well again. Most of the people also say that they're better than originally. We'll be good PK.

i hope we will.. i just cant stand being this excuse of a human being I am right now, when I used to be so self confident and straight forward with life.. its as if i assumed a new personality, one whos insecure and has no sense of self worth -- which is crazy bc i used to be the extreme contrary. how is this abrupt change in atitude even possible? i literally feel like someone else

Im a polar opposite as well. I wad the vocalist of a banf and played many hundreds of shows. And i also was in nursing school with a ton of classmates i would tutor. Such am extrovert now im a pessimistic hermit haha i get envious of the happy people living fun worry free lives.... And im on the outside looking in.

Hey pity I said the same thing twice healing takes 6-18 months some people take more. It could be your better in 8 months and healed or a couple years knowone knows. And the reason I think people who have ct especially offer a HIGHER dose 8 mg is very high can take long because of the fact that its a little rougher harsher WD that stresses or shocks the brain and body more being more intense and making the transitioning harder or longer for symptoms to dwindle and gradually get better. The point is your off and you did it. Your right I. The middle at a year. You have 8 more months to heal before being protracted' so your well within the time frame. Just take it a day at a time you should see a lot of improvement soon. Wasn't trying to scare ya. Your doing great.

Salbis right about age doesn't mean alit as far as its a crap shoot with the sensitivity of this crap. But I will say in general that the younger you are in anything injuries ads ect.. The faster you are suppose to heal,younger people heal faster than older people but not necessarily for bz WD. But that is a good factor working with you that you are young.

it might be a greater shock to CT, but at the same time, youre taking less benzos than someone who tapers for example. lets say someone tapers down 8 mg. that might take a year, in which they arent healing at their fullest capacity bc theres always some klonopin in the system - even in the taper - to fool the body and make it think it shouldnt rebuild as many gaba receptors as needed. so as you go from 8-7-6-5-0, youll be slowly rebuilding what you think you need, while when going from 8-0, your body will shock, but will know exactly how much to build from that day forward.

since we have no proof of ct healing and slow taper, i think its safe to say we dont know which one heals faster, if theres such a thing at all

god i hope im not protracted  :'(

Hi PK

You are right. We just don't know. We can guess from what we see here on BB but there are no properly conducted, scientific research studies taking all possible factors into account such as type of drug, doseage, time on drug, etc etc. Even if there were you would not know if you are going to take the average time or much less or much more than the average.  Fretting about how long it will take is understandable but rather fruitless. Personally, I hardly think about it. This is so hard enough and our energy should be used constructively if possible.

Take a day at a time. Focus on keeping occupied as much as you can.

Take care.

LF  :smitten:

Yeah your right some people taper for years thinking that they'll have minimal withdrawals or be a lot better after jumping and in fact they still have a bad withdrawal or long protracted WD which still takes the same amount of the give if take and suffer. I thought the exact same way get off so you can fully heal at your fastest, because tapering you are still on it and still down regulating and its pretty pointless considering only 10 percent of people who ever taper trying to get off benzos  succeed and can do it/90 percent fail and stay on them..we jumped and we are healing fast pk. I feel bad for people stuck on this shit for the rest of there lives. Only a strong handful can do this.jump hit the ground running and Nike,just do it. So glad I made the decision and stuck it out. Now just have to ride bit out,life's gonna be good. :thumbsup: