nervous about starting taper

[to...]

I want to start titrating by using a 2mg valium tablet in 100ml milk.

i know that extracting 1ml is equal to 2ml if i was using a 1mg tablet. i also know that 1.5 is equal to 3ml again if i was using a 1mg tablet.

but i want to know what to add to get 2.5 using a 2mg v tablet.

so i want to do:

2ml

and i plan to hold at 3 since i was told that holding at 3ml i would reduce about 1mg every 38 days.

if i become symtomatic and need to come down, what would i subtract to get me back to 2.5,

2, 1.5, 1.

i hope i'm not sounding too stupid.

remember i am using a 2mg valium pill in 100 ml milk.

thanks everyone!

[a4...]

Good Morning Toulouz,

No way do you sound stupid but let me take a crack at it..lol I just began liquid titration using 1ml vodka to dissolve 1mg ( half a 2mg tablet) adding 90ml water for 1mgx100ml . I only have a 10ml syringe so filling that up 10 times  . I decided on the volka because 1) my mother had some vodka in her house and 2) I can see what's going on with the solution..I could be wrong but I believe  that 2mg would take 200ml of liquid.

I have always been horrible with math and the cog fog has me flat lining so maybe Diazapam can be more helpful, however just wanted to note that 2mg would be 200ml...I think you need to go from there...good luck Toulouz..you can do it!! We can do it!!! :thumbsup:

Hi Mary

Maybe it was just a typo, but I just wanted to check that you meant you added 99mls of water (not 90ml as you posted) to the 1ml of vodka. I'm sure that's what you meant, but I just wanted to check. :)

I'll be honest and say that I think the 1mg:100ml ratio is much easier than the 2mg:100ml ratio that toulouz is using. The maths are much simpler with the 1:100 ratio, and it's also not as concentrated.

hello everyone.

i was on 1 mg of ativan and crossed to valium and am still holding a la ashton, have 2 weeks to go.

when i was on ativan, i didn't know about this forum, my personal doctor wouldn't help me get off, i tried to cut or go off cold turkey and kept winding up in the ER, my first psychiatrist refused to withdraw me, and i had to go to another who finally prescribed me valium so i could cross in preparation of tapering--in all that i got to sick and lost so much weight i wound up in a psychiatric ward to stabilize.

i am on 2mg 5x a day--4 a.m. 8 a.m. noon, 4 p.m. 8 p.m. because my psychiatrist at the hospital wanted me to just eliminate one pill a month but when i found this website everyone said no and to titrate.

i decided to do SG57's titration schedule of 2mg in 100ml and take out 1ml for 2 weeks, and i plan to go up to 1.25, hold again for 2 weeks, and then go up to 1.5 and stay as long as i can because that will eliminate 1mg about 38 days, always understanding if i get sick to hold or go down.

my problem is i am all ready, have the morter and pestel, log, cylinders, syringes, and i am terrified of that first cut. i have been very very sick for 5 straight months and am terrified as to what will happen and if i can handle it.  i don't know what to say except that.

any thoughts or comments will be greatly appreciated.

i was on 1mg ativan for 2 1/2 months and crossed over to valium and am still holding, and will start titrating in 2 weeks.

my doctor put me on 2mg v 5x a day because he wanted me to drop 2mg a month a la ashton, but when i proposed this to the different forums, everyone agreed that this was too agressive.

i plan to titrate my first dose by using 2mg in 100ml milk and titrating 1ml for 2 weeks, and if ok go up to 1.25, again waiting 2 weeks, and if ok go up to 1.5 (3ml) and seeing how well i do there because i can loose 1 mg in about 38 days. i don't ever plan to go above 3ml because i want to go very slow i was very sick on ativan. anyway, i will take the other doses by just taking my pill normally.

my schedule so far is

4 a.m. 8 a.m. noon 4pm 8pm

once i get rid of the 4 a.m. dose (remember 1mg ativan equals 10mg v.)

it will be 8am noon 4pm 8pm

i was just planning on just titrating the next dose and taking the others in pill form until finished, and not worried about it because of v. long half life.

i know that  lot of people like to convert totally to liquid but i don't think i can understand that, so i was just wondering about what everyone thought about which next pill to eliminate if it matters. ashton was into getting rid of the noon pill, then the morning, then finally the evening.

anyway, just thought i'd ask.

thanks!

hi Toulouz......with valium, i don't think it really matters which dose to eliminate. pick any one. with valium, you can dose just once a day and be perfectly fine....tc, bjunk...

i am dosing 5x a day with 2mg v equally 10mg. 

the dosing times are 4 a.m., 8a.m.. noon, 4pm and 8pm

i plan to titrate and get rid of the 4am dose first and take the rest by  mouth, but

then i have 8am spread 4 hours apart i.e.

8am noon 4pm 8pm

i would like to keep this schedule since this is the one i have been using and i feel the less change the better--what would anyone's recommendation be, to titrate each at the same time, or the noon one? i appreciate all input. thanks. ashton says the noon one, then the morning one, then afternoon, then evening.

after the 4am dose is gone i would have 8mg, i wrote 8am

i would hve  8mg spread 4  hours apart at

8 noon 4pm 8pm

thanks!

Toulouz, I merged several of your threads in this section together.  Please try to stick to one thread for your taper support in this section if possible, so that everyone can see what you're asking as well as can read what others are suggesting.  I believe you'll get the best support this way.  Feel free to add another question to this thread if you need to.

Thanks.

Juliea  :thumbsup: