Dont know what really started this crying all the time I cannot help it

[su...]

Hi,

It all started back in October of 2013, I had a bad pains in my lower part of my stomach and a fever for a few days, I went to the ER and they did a CT Scan and told me I had Divrticulitis. So the put me on 2 types of Anibiotics called, Ciprofloxacin 500mg 1 tablet twice a day for 10 days and the other one was Metrondazole 500mg 1 tablet twice a day also for 10 days. And the also gave me a pain killer in my IV not sure what it was. So I went home and days later while taking these antibotics I was not feeling right in my head like not sleeping right. I wasnt in pain anymore but I had 2 days left of my antibiotic and I could not take them,

I was feeling weird to my head. So as days went on I started not feeling right started to get tired really easy. I tried to take walks and I felt so fatigue day by day. Then for two months I started not sleeping right I was taking over the counter sleep aids. So in December I started Crying all the time screaming and panic attacks and anxiety really bad started feeling detached of myself. So I went to the ER and I was put on 100 mg of Zooloft and 2mg of Larazapam and also 50 mg of Trazodone. I still went threw panic attacks and massive crying,  screaming dizzy, skin hurting, body fatigue for 7 months. I am not driving or going anywhere except stay at home. I have been to the ER 5 times they dont know what is wrong. So I went to the Doctor for female hormones I have been taking them for 3 Months now. But mean time I have been seeing a therapist and they want me to get off the Larazapam now. I am still not  feeling right the last month I am not dizzy but I still go thew crying spells but not as bad. Now I am taking 1.5 mg of Larazapam since 3 days and I am feeling really shakey and my heart beats fast I cant sleep well very tired. I feel like I am going crazy. I am really scared of this whole thing. So sorry I dont write very well. I am in a brain fog.

Aw, I'm so sorry you're feeling so bad.  This is a difficult process.  We'll do what we can to help you figure out what's going on with the Lorazepam and your withdrawal. 

Don't worry about your writing.  We all have brain fog when we get here.

Can I ask what the timeline was for taking the Cipro?  Was that before the Lorazepam and you were through with it before starting to take the Lorazepam?

And you are now taking 1.5mg of Lorazepam, cut down from 2mg?  You may have made too large of a cut and might want to go back up to 1.75mg instead.

:)

The Cipro was before Larazepam, I couldnt take all of them the last few days because it was making me feel weird and that was in Oct. and December I was in a crying, screaming mode.

I'm sorry that you are suffering Sunflowerbee -

You took an antibiotic in the Fluoroquinolone group- these are problematic with benzodiazepines.

Google the term "floxed" and see what comes up. This may help you find some answers.

River  :smitten:

I was put on Larazepam after in December I was going thew alot of panic attacks and screaming and I still dont feel right I still go thew crying spells like my brain is twisting. I thought maybe it was my hormones I am 50 years of age have only one ovary. I had that checked it was low but still going thew these weird episodes. CRAZY :'(

Sun, here's a bit of information I found online and copied for you.  I think you might want to check into this to see if this could be why you're having the symptoms you've had (aside from the Lorazepam w/d).  I'm not saying this IS what's going on, but I know you're looking for answers and sometimes it takes some looking around to figure things out:

Fluoroquinolones are part of a class of antibiotic drugs—i.e., drugs typically prescribed to treat bacterial infections such as urinary tract infections (UTI), ear infections, bronchitis, inflammation of the prostate, typhoid fever, salmonella, chlamydia, pneumonia, etc…so chances are, either you or someone you know has been prescribed a fluoroquinolone at some point. Fluoroquinolones are more commonly known by some of the brand names that get prescribed: Levaquin, Cipro, Floxin, Avelox, Noroxin, Tequin.

So what is getting floxed all about? How do you know if you’ve been floxed?

In 2008, the FDA added a black box warning to Levaquin, Cipro, Avelox and all fluoroquinolone-class drugs. The black box warning is for risk of tendon rupture and tendinitis—the FDA alert (7/8/2008) stated:

Fluoroquinolones are associated with an increased risk of tendinitis and tendon rupture. This risk is further increased in those over age 60, in kidney, heart, and lung transplant recipients, and with use of concomitant steroid therapy. Physicians should advise patients, at the first sign of tendon pain, swelling, or inflammation, to stop taking the fluoroquinolone, to avoid exercise and use of the affected area, and to promptly contact their doctor about changing to a non-fluoroquinolone antimicrobial drug.

The Levaquin stories we hear at LawyersandSettlements.com are real and heart-breaking—and for those who have been floxed, they are life-altering—and not in a good way. The victims who’ve started to band together on Facebook share their stories of lives shattered and forever changed: cane-assisted walking, wheelchairs, numbness, burning sensations, cramps and worse.

And those who’ve been floxed are angry—at the FDA, at their doctors, at the pharmaceutical companies. Sure, they can try to file a lawsuit against Levaquin or Cipro—that’s what I’d be doing—but doing so won’t bring back their lives. And as such, one can only wonder if getting floxed is really akin to getting fleeced.

Yes it was starting as I was taking Cipro but not crying just feeling alittle strange everyday I couldnt even finsh the rest of them.

What is really wierd 11 years ago I had a vaginal hystercomy and I went thew a bad spell then for 9 months. But it was alot worst the I was hallusanating, dizzy, lost my vision, could not sleep for months Crying help me help on a constent bases untill I got on Larazepam, Zoloft and Trazadon and it all went away slowly then I was fine for 11 years until now. Weird

HI Sunflowerbee,

I am so sorry youre going through this. Its so hard to know what's causing what. I would suggest that you get checked out by your doctor - this could be hormonal, or any number of medical problems. If you are fine, then its most likely something to do with the benzo, the antibiotic or both. Many people have reported weird symptoms after taking certain antibiotics, and the class you took is especially well known for this. Another thing to think about is talking "in person" to a counselor, therapist, etc. An online forum can very very supportive, but sometimes we all need that face to face help.

We will try to help you in any way that we can, of that you can be sure.

east

:-*