Please be careful if you try water titration!

[02...]

[02...]

I know water titration isn't the preferred method, and most don't recommend it, but after my failed attempt at milk titration I thought I would give it a go.  I've read and watched videos of people who have used it successfully (I don't want to get a debate going regarding milk vs water, that's not what this is about  :)  )

I dissolved my pill last night, put it in the fridge and took the whole dose this morning (to get use to the switch from pills to liquid before making any cuts).  I drank it on an empty stomach, I usually take my morning pill on an empty stomach.  A little less than an hour later it hit me like a ton of lead.  It even felt like it was suppressing my breathing and when I tried to get up and walk around I almost passed out.  I came really close to going to the ER.  It got into my bloodstream a lot faster, I never thought it would cause that.  It felt like I was overdosing. 

If you try water titration, you may want to eat something first and sip slowly.

I still feel foggy/fuzzy and it's been almost 12 hours since I took it.  I'm even afraid to take my night dose (pill). 

I think I'll give milk titration another go and hold a week or two before cutting to see if that makes a difference in withdrawal. 

I hate this damn drug!! 

Hey there  - I had the same thing happen with milk. The switch to liquid accelerates absorption through your mouth and gut directly into blood stream. Some people are very sensitive to this and need to adjust. I was. I also eat some bread 10 mins prior to my liquid dose and keep my tongue down when dosing (putting medication under tongue is fastest way you can get it into blood stream short of injection).

Hang in for 2 weeks before cutting. Took me 2+ weeks to feel good again with milk.

[02...]

Hi Mark, I didn't have that happen with milk, I guess the milk itself slowed the absorption.  I'm going to try it again and hold before I start cutting once I switch over. 

I never thought finding a taper method would be so difficult.  :-\

It looks like you're doing pretty good making cuts with the milk titration? 

Hi,

I just wanted to say that milk is working very well for me.  You need to use full fat milk, 8 grams. It does get distributed equally in the milk. I believe it's a solution.(I'll ask my son who has a chemistry degree) No grinding.  Just put your pill in the milk and shake it every once in a while.  Leave it for 24 hours.  The color you see on the bottom is the filler, NOT the benzo. Don't shake just before you use it, but swish it around a little to get the filler mixed in.  You don't want bubbles. If I get any I put it back in the refrigerator for a few minutes.

Also, if you are lactose intolerant try organic full fat milk. I hear some people can do that with no problem.

[02...]

Hi Jenny, I'm glad it's working well for you!

Do you think Lactaid would work?  I'm not sure of the fat content, I'll have to Google.  My first attempt at milk titration didn't go well.  I didn't hold after switching over to titration so I'm guessing that may be the reason.  I cut .002mg for 2 days and had a lot of symptoms, more symptoms than I had cutting the pill by .25. 

Another thing, I wonder if I have a milk allergy, my chest hurts after I drink milk.  If the Lactaid can be used, and it doesn't cause my chest to hurt, that may be the best route.  I need to lose weight and all the calories and fat in the milk concern me. 

Also, if you are lactose intolerant try organic full fat milk. I hear some people can do that with no problem.

hi Jenny,....i'm pretty sure organic full fat milk still contains lactose. for ANY type of milk to be 'lactose free,' it has to say so on the container.... tc, bjunk..

Agree with above, organic milk doesn't necessarily equate with being lactose free.

• 4 weeks later...

I wasn't saying it was lactose free. It's not, but some people who were lactose intolerant, on the last site I was on, were able to use organic milk.

I don't know of anybody using lactaid. Those people switched to the other forms of solution or suspension, but not water.

Jenny

• 2 weeks later...

I know water titration isn't the preferred method, and most don't recommend it, but after my failed attempt at milk titration I thought I would give it a go.  I've read and watched videos of people who have used it successfully (I don't want to get a debate going regarding milk vs water, that's not what this is about  :)  )

I dissolved my pill last night, put it in the fridge and took the whole dose this morning (to get use to the switch from pills to liquid before making any cuts).  I drank it on an empty stomach, I usually take my morning pill on an empty stomach.  A little less than an hour later it hit me like a ton of lead.  It even felt like it was suppressing my breathing and when I tried to get up and walk around I almost passed out.  I came really close to going to the ER.  It got into my bloodstream a lot faster, I never thought it would cause that.  It felt like I was overdosing. 

If you try water titration, you may want to eat something first and sip slowly.

I still feel foggy/fuzzy and it's been almost 12 hours since I took it.  I'm even afraid to take my night dose (pill). 

I think I'll give milk titration another go and hold a week or two before cutting to see if that makes a difference in withdrawal. 

I hate this damn drug!!

Hi, I've been peeking around and haven't yet found others doing this but I'm using club soda in my titration. It almost instantly dissolves the pill. I leave it overnight shaking it whenever I pass by. I've been doing this for a month with good results until tonight when I forgot my toss and drank the whole thing.  :-[ whoops I ate a donut and am waiting. It's been over an hour and I haven't flipped out yet so I think I'll be okay. Sounds like you're really sensitive to it though. Good luck whatever you decide.

Most benzo pills will break down fairly quickly in water, but it's more important to know that the actual benzo is suspended or dissolved in the liquid. Water is usually not adviseable with most benzos, even if it's the bubbly kind.

Hi, I've been peeking around and haven't yet found others doing this but I'm using club soda in my titration. It almost instantly dissolves the pill. I leave it overnight shaking it whenever I pass by. I've been doing this for a month with good results until tonight when I forgot my toss and drank the whole thing.  :-[ whoops I ate a donut and am waiting. It's been over an hour and I haven't flipped out yet so I think I'll be okay. Sounds like you're really sensitive to it though. Good luck whatever you decide.

It's hard to argue with results, but as DP said water is a very weak solvent for K and all benzos really, even Librium.  But that does not mean the solubility is zero.  I've found hard data on this and water will dissolve .03mg/ml K.  This means that each 10ml of water can hold .3mg K and 100ml can hold up to 3mg K.  You are operating very close to the saturation point.  Personally, I would not be comfortable with that unless I could actually see the K dissolving.  And it might take a lot longer to dissolve under these conditions.  But, like I said, if it is working for you then it is.

It's hard to argue with results, but as DP said water is a very weak solvent for K and all benzos really, even Librium.  But that does not mean the solubility is zero.  I've found hard data on this and water will dissolve .03mg/ml K.  This means that each 10ml of water can hold .3mg K and 100ml can hold up to 3mg K.  You are operating very close to the saturation point.  Personally, I would not be comfortable with that unless I could actually see the K dissolving.  And it might take a lot longer to dissolve under these conditions.  But, like I said, if it is working for you then it is.

With leaving it out at room temperature overnight in an air tight bottle and shaking it up 4 or 5 times I can't even see any granules looking through the bottle into the light. I tried the milk first but couldn't stand it. I'm on a generic Kaiser Klonopin, perhaps it melts better. As long as the water stays clear I'm going to continue. Of course if it stops working in any way I'll rethink my position. I studied up on the milk thing, unfortunately milk and I don't play well together. Thank you so much for the post.

With leaving it out at room temperature overnight in an air tight bottle and shaking it up 4 or 5 times I can't even see any granules looking through the bottle into the light. I tried the milk first but couldn't stand it. I'm on a generic Kaiser Klonopin, perhaps it melts better. As long as the water stays clear I'm going to continue. Of course if it stops working in any way I'll rethink my position. I studied up on the milk thing, unfortunately milk and I don't play well together. Thank you so much for the post.

That's interesting.  You say by letting it dissolve overnight and shaking now and then that everything disappears?  Even the pill fillers?  Completely?  It sounds like you have created conditions to get it to dissolve, especially time.  And the warmer temperature is also helping.

I'm not a chemist, but do have a good feel for the physical sciences and I would think that, when near the saturation point, more time would be needed to dissolve the K.  It would be like a large long table surrounded by many chairs.  If you are walking around it and need to sit when saturation is low there are many chairs and you would find a seat very quickly.  But when saturation is high there might only be one or two seats left and it takes time to walk around the table to find the empty ones.  But if enough time is allowed there is no problem as eventually all the K finds chairs, to complete the analogy.

I don't know this is true, I'm just trying to explain what you told me.  Water will dissolve a small amount of K and if enough water is used it seems logical that enough room will be made for all the K.  If you give it enough time it will eventually happen.

I have doubts about using water/soda water for titration, but what ever works for you is OK.

Just a general cautionary note, however.  Just because you can't "see" any med in your solution does NOT mean it is in solution ("dissolved").  Even if your med is converted from dry ti liquid form, that converted liquid does not necessarily have the same density as the water.  The converted liquid may sink to the bottom, or may float on top.  Just because the pill disintegrates and becomes liquid does NOT mean it is "in solution".

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, I should also mention when I am ready to toss I shake the heck out of it, pour it into a clear measuring cup, then I use a syringe without the needle to measure. I pump the liquid in and out of the syringe repeatedly so if there are unseen bits they mix well. I pull while doing this and feel confident that it's pretty well dispersed. I have a Soda Stream and make my own fizzy water and it's SUPER fizz  ;)

I've been doing surprisingly well. I'm down from 100 ml to 60 ml as of today. I'm a bit antsy and insomniatic right now but I don't suspect any of us get out without some symptoms, that's why we're here. I'm curious to see what happens after I go below the 50 ml mark. From what I've read it's then that folks seem to stat running into stuff. Like the closer to the last dose the worse the symptoms? I'm hoping I'll be one of the lucky few to slide under the radar. I suppose we'll see but so far so good. :smitten: