Anyone else get worse symptoms with the heat & humidity?

[al...]

Just wondering if other BBs feel much worse on hot, humid days. Seems like any heat or humidity makes me feel much worse. If I sit in a cool (cold by some standards) room, I sort of feel OK. If I go outside for 10 min, I get the benzo flu right back. I have benzo flu every day anyway, but the heat really revs it up. Any feedback appreciated. Thanks.

I laughed when I saw this post....I was thinking the same thing myself earlier today. Its been so hot and humid here in Florida...unbearable. Every time I go outside, my remaining symptoms flare up! Makes me LONG for Massachusetts again!

:smitten:

east

DEFINITELY feel more symptoms in the heat and humidity!! If it's cool and there's a good wind blowing, that's the best. Sweating is a constant problem for me as well.

I found a list of foods that promote sweating and I don't eat those foods right now. (I know sweating is the natural cooling system, but sweating is a symptom for me). I find that if I stay in a cool (almost cold) room, I feel less benzo flu. If I go outside in the humidity, that all over miserable feeling comes right back.  Any advice or suggestions about how to treat "benzo flu" would be appreciated. I am sick of being sick. Thanks.

Heat sensitivity is one of my very few remaining symptoms.  I stay inside from mid-morning til dark in July and August.  The first months I was off I felt like I'd actually faint in the heat.

Heat doesn't change my symptoms but I absolutely abhor the summertime heat and humidity here in FL. One day I WILL have the ability to stay here during the summer and head to someplace much cooler in the winter.

Anyone metereopatic feel the change of seasons ... I too  >:(

Again, precision instruments are based on animal nerves, for which is normal  :thumbsup:

100%. When I was attempting to taper on my own, I was living without AC in an attic space, and on the hottest days of summer, it totally screwed my taper up. I was having panic attacks and felt like I could not get enough air. I ended up having to double my dose. Now that I have come off completely, it's only been 3 weeks, but I still can not stand in a hot shower without feeling like I'm on the verge of death.

Heat doesn't change my symptoms but I absolutely abhor the summertime heat and humidity here in FL. One day I WILL have the ability to stay here during the summer and head to someplace much cooler in the winter.

Errr...I mean stay here in the winter and go somewhere cooler in the summer. Winters are pretty nice here  :thumbsup:

Yep I've just found this out, I've just been to a few bars and clubs with friends and there was a lot of people out making everywhere hot and sweaty and I felt like crap all night :/

I have been sweating buckets for 2 weeks straight now... it is still hot here but this sweating problem was absent mostly for months but it's back and it started when I cleaned my house from top to bottom in one day, I have not really stopped sweating since, I sure won't be working that hard again in a hurry, really made me feel bad but at the time I felt good and wanted to get stuff done, you know, live a bit normal and be productive for a change.

Can't do it.  :tickedoff:

My bedding is always wet and needs changing constantly... sometimes I can feel the pores on my face open up when it's bad... I HATE Summer in this taper... this has been my FOURTH but I am hoping next years is a little better.

Can't wait for the much cooler weather...

Sounds like heat causes an exaggeration of symptoms for some of us in a big way (and stress). For me, it seems like the time and "degree" of the heat/humidity increase is directly in proportion to an increase in symptoms. If I go outside for 10 min, I feel the benzo flu symptoms starting up. If I go out in the yard and spend an hour in the heat digging up rocks and arranging a rock garden (which I did), then I feel completely horrible for a few days. Now I drink cold water, keep a cold washcloth on the back of my neck, have a "cold room" with the AC on high and I sit in front of a fan in the cold room. Then...I feel much less horrible. Any thoughts and suggestions much appreciated. :) Thanks.