Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Recovering involuntary benzo addict

[or...]

The publicly searchable content of Benzobuddies has been extremely valuable to me for the past two years.  I hit tolerance withdrawal with no idea what was happening, and my husband helped me figure it out partly by reading here. I tapered off of Ativan and Z drugs after many years of use, using the Ashton method (Librium instead of Valium) and a compounding pharmacy.  I would like to be able to read the content of the PBWS forum. 

It has been 18 months since my last benzo and 12 months since my last prescription drug, and although things get better with the passage of time I still have some waves of symptoms.  The DP and agoraphobia are the worst, something I never experienced before benzos.

Hi oremus  :) Welcome to BenzoBuddies!

Congrats on being benzodiazepine/Zdrug free. That is quite the accomplishment. I am sorry that you are still having some very unpleasant symptoms 18 months out.

It sound like you are very familiar with the Aston Manual but I will give you a link anyway. It has some valuable information for any prior benzodiazepine user.The Ashton Manual

Please feel free to post to any of the dedicated boards, we have a wonderful community of people here, who will give sound advice. Members have been through all aspects of benzodiazepine use and withdrawal and are more than willing to share their experiences.

Members discuss their symptoms on the Post withdrawal recovery support.

Please take the time to Create a Signature.  This will allow others to see where you are in the process so they can better support you.

Again Welcome!  :smitten:

benzosrcruel