Get ready for the Etizolam ban!

[ss...]

Here is a story I found:

Briggs, Bozeman escapee, charged with possessing date-rape drug

BOZEMAN - A Bozeman man who escaped from police custody last winter, is now facing a sixth felony charge.

Gallatin County Attorney Marty Lambert filed new information Tuesday that says Kevin Briggs, 28, was in possession of a Schedule I dangerous drug at the time of his initial arrest on February 1, 2014.

According to Lambert, a hypodermic needle found in Briggs' backpack contained a drug called Etizolam, which has amnesic, hypnotic and sedative effects. The same drug was also found in the female victim's system.

The criminal possession of dangerous drugs charge stems in part from a sexual assault that Briggs is accused of committing on Feb. 1, 2014.

A woman he knew called 911, saying that Briggs drugged and tried to rape her. She told police that after drinking a smoothie that Briggs had prepared for her, she "passed out" in her apartment. When she woke up, her clothing had been pulled down and she told Briggs to stop. Briggs then reportedly became upset and told her "I'll show you what real rape is" and began to strangle the woman.

The woman said she was afraid Briggs was going to kill her. She tried screaming and he placed his hands over her mouth, and told her, "Don't (expletive) scream." She asked him to stop and Briggs told her he would stop if she had sex with him.

At some point, the woman broke free and ran into the apartment's bathroom. She saw a spoon with a white or pink residue on it and Briggs told her it was oxycodone and washed the utensil off.

Briggs later grabbed a knife and the two struggled over it. She says she got it away from him, but he grabbed another knife and indicated he was going to kill himself. The woman was able to get the second knife away from him and ran out of the apartment.

Briggs followed her, asking her to stop and talk. The woman continued to flee and eventually made it to a friend's house and called police.

At 5:16 a.m. on February 1, Bozeman Police officers went to Briggs' home at 2200 West Dickerson. He initially gave the cops a false name and said the backpack he was carrying contained only condoms. When an officer looked inside, he saw what appeared to be part of a hypodermic syringe. Briggs then tried to run away.

Police grabbed Briggs, but he continued to try to get free. At one point, Briggs punched an officer in the eye.

At the Law and Justice Center, Briggs complained of a shoulder injury. The officers put a belly belt restraint on him, as well as handcuffs and leg restraints. He was left in a room that has a surveillance camera but the video feed was not monitored by anyone. Video showed Briggs leaving the room at approximately 7:50 a.m.

When the woman went to the hospital, she was concerned she may have been a victim of a drug-facilitated sexual assault. On February 17, specimens from the victim were analyzed in a Pennsylvania laboratory, but no date-rape drugs were found.

The syringe seized from Briggs' backpack was then sent to the Montana State Forensic Science Division for analysis. On March 24, a chemist reported that Etizolam, a schedule I dangerous drug, was found in the syringe. Detectives then learned the Pennsylvania lab didn't test for the presence of Etizolam in the woman's specimens. When her specimens were tested at the Montana Laboratory, toxicologists reported Etizolam was present in the woman's system.

Etizolam is a drug often prescribed for anxiety or sleep disorders due to its sedative effects.

In addition to this latest charge, Briggs also faces five other felony counts: Aggravated Assault; Attempted Sexual Intercourse Without Consent; Assault on a Peace Officer; Escape and Failure to Register as a Sexual Offender.

Briggs was convicted for kidnapping and raping a girl in Helena in early 2003, and convicted of escape in Lewis and Clark County in 2003 and in Powell County in 2004.

So seemingly, they can charge you for possessing dangerous drugs with Etizolam. Not sure, but that is what it looks like in this situation. What an asshole to the people who use it correctly. Now how they sell it legally, not sure. Grey market loophole...for now. MXE is now a schedule I in some states including other popular research chems in some states. Look it up K&B gave me the info.

Reminds me of when they said Flunitrazepam was a date rape drug. That drug was used in less than one percent of rapes. Damn media, they want us all on expensive pharms.