dave23 walks out benzo hell

[da...]

Greetings benzo buddies. Boy, where do I start.

It's been months since I last came online mainly cause I went back into living. It's been 1year 9months since my last benzo and I can comfortably say that iv healed.

I'd list the number of symptoms I had but that would take awhile to list. I will say I had most of the symptoms we know; mental symptoms being the worst. Derealisation,depersonalisation mem and cog fog etc.

I get mem and cog fog still but that's cause I drink quite a lot but even so, I recover within a few days after. Aside from that I feel great. Iv been back at work for a hour and staying alone for about the same amount of time.

Wanna sum up this testimony by saying that you begin to combat this suffering by choosing to go back into the world and start living again. Sure the symptoms will still be, accept that they'll leave when you've healed but don't sit around waste your life away.

My journey was shxt hard but I kept striving and I know you can too. Last thing, never drink after your recovery cause it does hinder your progress.

Thanks for all the support from my benzobudies, some still here and others MIA. God bless and never lose faith.

Kind regards

Dave23

Hey dave congrats

How was it before u heal

Did everything just drop off or they gradually went away

I am ok in the begining of the month

but by the end of the month get hit really hard

Greetings benzo buddies. Boy, where do I start.

It's been months since I last came online mainly cause I went back into living. It's been 1year 9months since my last benzo and I can comfortably say that iv healed.

I'd list the number of symptoms I had but that would take awhile to list. I will say I had most of the symptoms we know; mental symptoms being the worst. Derealisation,depersonalisation mem and cog fog etc.

I get mem and cog fog still but that's cause I drink quite a lot but even so, I recover within a few days after. Aside from that I feel great. Iv been back at work for a hour and staying alone for about the same amount of time.

Wanna sum up this testimony by saying that you begin to combat this suffering by choosing to go back into the world and start living again. Sure the symptoms will still be, accept that they'll leave when you've healed but don't sit around waste your life away.

My journey was shxt hard but I kept striving and I know you can too. Last thing, never drink after your recovery cause it does hinder your progress.

Thanks for all the support from my benzobudies, some still here and others MIA. God bless and never lose faith.

Kind regards

Dave23

Hello Dave

So glad to read your healed, we came of near the same time with me been the 05th December 2012 and I am still no where near recovered, I still got severe disabling DP and DR which feels like it will never go away, since month 16 my DP/DR has gotten even more intense and Ive had every test known to man to find other possibles causes and all negative!!

When did your DP/DR go away ? Was it sudden or gradual, did if like me get worse far out before it went away for good?? Feels like it will never end for me!!

You say ever drink after recovery but you also say you drink a lot but still healed so im confused ??

I would love to drink a social beer again but I'm too scared to try and have not had even a taste in 26 months all cause of benzos and what I read on here!!!

Are we ever really the same person again as I have no clue who I am now not alone who I was before, I have blurry memories of my old life now and again but I have no connection to who I really was and all my family and friends still look and feel like strangers, part of me remembers them for some reason but a bigger part if me questions how I even know them???

I have a lot of symptoms still from the beginning and in year 2 I got a lot of new symptoms especially from month 16 onwards and am still wondering is this normal this far out as no matter how hard I try it's impossible to believe that a pill I stopped 21 months ago after such short use can still be causing me this level of unbearable suffering both mental and physical???

Please describe his the DP/DR left you and what is it like now to not live this way anymore, are you fully, truly and spiritually connected again to who you was before ever taking a benzo??

I hope you don't mind having to re-tell your journey out of acid hell back to reality but your hope will give a lot of us here renewed hope to keep soldering on???

Wishing you the very best in life..

Sincerely

Woofs

I drink quite a lot but even so

Stop the benzo and start drinking is a success? ... I don't know  ::)

However compliments.

Hey Dave  :)  , i just realized. jabba and rockrimmon  are right, be careful with drinking a lot.  :nono:

means you are replacing Benzos with Alcohol, dangerous game as far as i know.

Let me clarify a few things. I must have made an error or two there. I didn't replace benzo's with drinking. I started drinking right after I felt my symptoms had subsided, I was tempted and failed to resist. Plain and simple. What I was advising was and is, that people should stay away from alcohol during and after their recovery. Hope that settles it. Ciao.

Congratulations Dave well done getting back out there http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa351/margarita1959/congrats-5-1.gif

Let me clarify a few things. I must have made an error or two there. I didn't replace benzo's with drinking. I started drinking right after I felt my symptoms had subsided, I was tempted and failed to resist. Plain and simple. What I was advising was and is, that people should stay away from alcohol during and after their recovery. Hope that settles it. Ciao.

I do agree with you Dave, I have seen recovered friends back in withdrawal after drinking alcohol  :( 

Take care

Magrita :smitten:

Hi Dave,boy do I remember you.I remember you thinking that you would never heal,and I would come back here from time to time hoping to see your name in the success section. Congrats,and be cautious of the alcohol because you have been through so much.