Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

ACNE FROM BENZOS ???????????

[ZO...]

Has anyone ever got acne on there chest or back while on benzos / Valium ?

Hi Zorono,

I have had a few minor bumps here and there but now have all cleared up since being benzo free. Click on forum, then type acne in the search box and see what's there. Here is one post regarding acne... http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=6565.msg75232#msg75232 

T2 :smitten:

I have never had acne until I was put on benzos. When I was on Xanax it was cystic acne all over my chin and back. My periods also stopped until july 2008 when I got off the Xanax and switched to Klonopin. I still get the acne on my back, and I have a lot of hormonal acne around my period time, but I'm not off the benzos yet.

I was actually going to ask this very question sometime!

My skin got worse as I tapered. I"ve never had skin problems. I would say my skin was worse then when I was a teenager. It got bad for about 3 mos. It has since cleared and is fine. Give it some time. I think you body is just ridding itself of all the junk. Good Luck. Kel

hey buddies..

just for the record.. I too have been suffering from breakouts and rashes..while tapering I have always had a problem with acne as I have large pores and oily skin but only during that time of the month would it really flare up on me...right now I have got a few pimples on the back of my neck that prevent me from wearing any hairstyling products..along with some on my face as usual

The detox is happening though and that is good.... better out than in huh? :)

WS

yes I am five months off and I am still getting some bumps.  Early on I had them on my back ,chest and even a few on my stomach.  When my bumps showed up I knew I would have a wave coming on.  It must be due to the sweating and excessive oil on our skin.  It does get better!

mal