colin need a good taper schedule still want to be free

[ma...]

if you could please help me colin get a set taper it would mean so much.for 6 months i was tapering but way to fast not enough time in between. got down to 1/4 of 0.5 milligrams of klonopin stayed on that for 2 months. couldnt handle it so today is my 5 th day of reinstatement. i went back to 1/2 am and 1/2 pm of the 0.5 still get anxiety some headaches was thinking about spreading it to 3 times a day. i really need your help to get off this.recover has been a good chatter and he told me to get in touch with you .kell has also been very supportive to me.i believe if i do it right this time and not taper to fast i should be able to do it. so if you could write me up something i would cherish you . ty again marianne

if you could please help me colin get a set taper it would mean so much.for 6 months i was tapering but way to fast not enough time in between. got down to 1/4 of 0.5 milligrams of klonopin stayed on that for 2 months. couldnt handle it so today is my 5 th day of reinstatement. i went back to 1/2 am and 1/2 pm of the 0.5 still get anxiety some headaches was thinking about spreading it to 3 times a day. i really need your help to get off this.recover has been a good chatter and he told me to get in touch with you .kell has also been very supportive to me.i believe if i do it right this time and not taper to fast i should be able to do it. so if you could write me up something i would cherish you . ty again marianne

Hi marianne,

Are you asking for a titration schedule? If so, here is the information for that....

TITRATION REQUEST INFO

You will need a measuring cylinder (we recommend 100ml with 1ml increments); a 10ml syringe body is handy, as is a pestle and mortar (a cup and the back of a spoon should suffice); and you will need to supply us with a taper rate and start date.

Most people around here taper at about 10% of their dose every 7-14 days. 10% over 10 days would be just about bang in the middle. But you need to decide what's best for you. We can always alter a taper rate later if need arises.

You will need to post your request with the information needed on the Titration Tapers board.

T2 :smitten:

hi colin recover told me to contact you about writing me a slow titration schedule.as you know for 6 months i tapered way way to fast.from the beginning i was cutting my pills to fast never got a chance to stabalize.i started off with 0.5 milligrams of klonopin started tapering and cutting down to 2 than 1 than 1/2 but too fast.than at the end of 6 months i was down to 1/4 a day. thats when the real problems syarted. the withdrawels. needless to say i only was taking my pills once a day through this whole taper.i found my self back on 1/4 of 0.5 three times a day now. this is my 5th day on this.today i felt better one of the good days i guess.i would like the correct taper for me nice and slow because im caught between a rock and a hard rock.i would appreciate anything you can do.  ty marianne

marianne

You just need to do what Theresa told you in her prefous post:

"

Hi marianne,

Are you asking for a titration schedule? If so, here is the information for that....

TITRATION REQUEST INFO

You will need a measuring cylinder (we recommend 100ml with 1ml increments); a 10ml syringe body is handy, as is a pestle and mortar (a cup and the back of a spoon should suffice); and you will need to supply us with a taper rate and start date.

Most people around here taper at about 10% of their dose every 7-14 days. 10% over 10 days would be just about bang in the middle. But you need to decide what's best for you. We can always alter a taper rate later if need arises.

You will need to post your request with the information needed on the Titration Tapers board.

T2 :smitten: "

When you post your request on the Titration Tapers board, include the following information so Colin can create a schedule for you:

Start date: when you would like your titration to start.  (Allow at least 5 days from your request date.)

Dose: the dose you anticipate you be taking at the start date (in mgs).

Tablet dose: the dose of your individual tablets.

Number of tablets: the total number (and/or fractions) of tablets you take per day. Examples: 2 tabs; 2.5 tabs; 0.75 tabs. These are the number of tablets (not doses), and the tablets used must be of the same dosage (strength).

Taper rate: if you are unsure, ask for the input of others. The majority of people probably titrate at a rate of about 10% of their dose every 7-14 days. If you are unsure of where to start, and unless you have good reason to think you need a particularly slow taper, 1% per day is probably a good starting point. The taper plan can be altered later if need be.

Cylinder details: I will need to know the size of the cylinder you are using (100ml is recommended). I will also need to know that size of the marked increments. Just make sure that there enough increments for the given cylinder to ensure that the pill can be divided into small fractions (100ml cylinder with 1ml increments is always fine; 100ml with 2-5 increments is probably fine; 50ml with 5ml increments is not very useful). If you are using very large dose pills (for your given benzo), such as 10mg Valium or 2mg Xanax, you will absolutely need lots of increments. This usually means a 100ml cylinder with 1ml increments.

If you want to read more about titration, go here:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=6393.0

There are even some youtube videos you can watch to see the process.  They are at the bottom of those instructions.  Actually, I'd probably watch the video first because the written explanation can be daunting.  I've been assured by everyone who's used the titration method that it's easy to do after the first time.  :thumbsup:

beeper i did that already.i dont know much about this titration so im asking for some help. this has been a difficult road for me i dont know what im doing.all i want to know is how do i go down from here and at what lenghth of time.before i was all messed up.if you think colin cant help me thats ok

Hon, if you can give him the information I posted, he can make up a schedule for you.  If you've watched the video, you have a good idea of what's involved.  You can go as slowly as you want to and it's really a good way to get off that last little bit but it is more work. 

dont know what size to get this is new to me.ive only reinstated 5 days now to 1/4 2 times a day of 0.5 mills of klonopin. dont know how long to stay on this dose to stabalize thats where i need the help. i do want a very slow taper

dont know what size to get this is new to me.ive only reinstated 5 days now to 1/4 2 times a day of 0.5 mills of klonopin. dont know how long to stay on this dose to stabalize thats where i need the help. i do want a very slow taper

Then it sounds like you do not want a titration schedule at this point, marianne. 

I'm afraid there's no way to know how long it takes to stabilize.  Also, "stabilizing" is a very subjective thing; it means different things to different people.  I had w/d symptoms throughout my taper and just kept cutting every 2 weeks.  From what I had read, I was in tolerance and the only way to eliminate the symptoms would be to take more benzo - which would only work in the short run - or keep tapering off and let my body heal.  I did hold 3 days longer on 2 occasions to see if I would feel better but I didn't so just cut anyway.  If you aren't familiar with tolerance and tolerance withdrawal, here is an excerpt from a document Colin developed with input from Prof. Ashton:

===============

'Tolerance' occurs when your GABA (benzo) receptors have down-regulated in response to regular use of benzos. Put simply, your benzos will no longer deliver the therapeutic effects they did before you become tolerant. Only by increasing your dose might the effects of tolerance be counteracted. However, you are highly likely to become tolerant of the new dose - so starts a vicious circle of escalating benzo use. Since this is completely counter to our stated mission, in our opinion, the only sensible solution is to taper off at a sensible rate, and allow enough time for your GABA system to recover and regulate itself properly.

beeper are you saying theres no help for me?everybody makes mistakes ive read in here where people have taken there benzoes again. i dont know what kind of taper to use i was just told to contact colin.you people have been here for a long time i havent.so in otherwords your saying i wont be able to stabalize beings i went back on the benzo i really never went off them just cut down.dr ashtons manual i have read i dont believe in taking valium. not jumping from 1 to another.

As far as I know, if you have been on a certain dose for 2-4 weeks and don't feel better, you probably aren't going to just taking the same amount.  As the article said, the only relief is more benzo or a sensible taper.  You are already on a pretty low dose (klonopin, right?) so at least the end is in sight.  I felt very bad on the 3mg/day lorazepam I was taking and had to taper for 5 months to get off it. Last year at this time I was considering a mental hospital and electroconvulsive therapy.

Do you understand what is involved in the titration method?  If you do and want a schedule for a slow taper off the remaining 1/4mg 2x/day, just post the information I mentioned before and I will start a new thread for you on the Titration Tapers board.  Then Colin will see it and make up a schedule for you to follow.

i ordered my cylinder. i believe it is 250ml. got my medicine dropper and next week ill be ready to titrate. i made a mistake i am taking 1/4 3 times a day been on that now for 1 week. all seems to be ok so far.

i ordered my cylinder. i believe it is 250ml. got my medicine dropper and next week ill be ready to titrate. i made a mistake i am taking 1/4 3 times a day been on that now for 1 week. all seems to be ok so far.

Good luck with your titration taper!!! :thumbsup:

Hi marianne,

So you are on .375mg per day (.125mg=1/4 of .50mg taken 3X/day) of klonopin. You ordered a 250ml cylinder, correct? Is you medicine dropper have a marking on it for 1ml? Have you decided what percentage you want to titrate at? Most do about 10% every 10-14 days. So, you will need to decide how many days. When you are ready with the all the information posted earlier in this thread, then you can post your request on the Titration Taper board located here... http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?board=62.0 and Colin will make you a schedule.

T2 :smitten:

ty theresa.yes my dropper starts with 1 ml goes up to 5 ml.if i dont have a mixer what else can i use?im still waiting on my cylinder.yes im on 1/4 3 times a day.i seem to be doing ok on this no problems.when my cylinder comes in ill post and probably do 10 percent every 2 weeks the longer for me the better this time around.  ty marianne

ty theresa.yes my dropper starts with 1 ml goes up to 5 ml.if i dont have a mixer what else can i use?im still waiting on my cylinder.yes im on 1/4 3 times a day.i seem to be doing ok on this no problems.when my cylinder comes in ill post and probably do 10 percent every 2 weeks the longer for me the better this time around.  ty marianne

Sounds good! I used a long straw to mix my solution in the cylinder.

Hi,

Glad to see that you have come up with a plan. you will do this, and we will be here for you. i'm always wishing you well. :smitten: Kel