Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Robin Williams

[Mi...]

Robin William has died of an apparent suicide. How much you want to bet he was either on or coming off psych meds.

I am five months off my valium taper and am in the depths of depression myself due to head pressure/pains, severe insomnia, and emotional numbness.

All psych drugs are poison.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [gr...]

• [...]

• [au...]

• [Dr...]

Yes I read it and Im sure he was on something. With that said though, untreated...with no meds...major depression is enough to make one take their life.

Therapy CBT...its just not enough when you suffer like this, I know all to well as I am MDD.

RIP

It may not be meds, but I did read he was just out of rehab? He struggled with major depression and mania for a long time. It's so sad  :'( 

Rest In Peace Robin.  Thank you so much for all the laughs through the years. This was a good, but very troubled, man.

For Robin :smitten:

I heard this on the news and my first thought was "What kinds of prescriptions drugs was he on?"

That was one of my first thoughts too.

With creativity comes substance abuse,  Drs seem to think people are better off on prescribed medication.

He was a true genius obviously with a dark side,  a great loss to world.  :'(

With creativity comes substance abuse,

Oh to know all the answers. It must feel marvelous.

After just reading the tragic news of Robin Williams death, feeling sad and sharing some comments with people on Facebook (as I am home alone right now and can't speak to any real people), I thought of BB and how the first thing that is brought up when anyone famous dies is the tired old 'psych meds fault' drone. I actually came on here to look (how sick is that?).

I wasn't disappointed. First on the list. Let the theories begin before the poor person we should be honouring is cold. Amateur coroners online. Take a ticket to claim your place in the line-up of 'guess the drug he was on' circus.

Never let 'waiting to see what the truth is' get in the way of the carnival.

Perhaps you could all have a peep at Facebook and see how the normal people in the world react to a death of someone they love. They are sad. They share happy memories of the person and mourn their loss. They do not judge and make assumptions. They have compassion. They are not obsessed with 'what drugs was he on'. If the person did have problems which involved drugs they see that the drugs came later as a solution to the problem.

Just saying...

Oh me too what a awesome actor!!!!!!! I hope ur wasn't benzos!!! After going through this nothing suprises me anymore!!

Rip robin

Williams wife Susan Schneider issued a statement shortly after police released theirs.

“This morning, I lost my husband and my best friend, while the world lost one of its most beloved artists and beautiful human begins. I am utterly heartbroken. On behalf of Robin’s family, we are asking for privacy during our time of profound grief. As he is remembered, it is our hope the focus will not be on Robin’s death, but on the countless moments of joy and laughter he gave to millions.”

beyondblue (Australian Depression Website)

Depression doesn't discriminate. Anyone, no matter how successful they are through the eyes of another, can be affected. Familiarise yourself with the signs & symptoms today: http://bit.ly/1pLHjfS

Our thoughts are with the family, friends and everyone who was inspired or delighted by Robin Williams. If you are worried about someone close to you, or just want to talk it through, our Support Service can help – 1300 22 4636 or www.beyondblue.org.au/getsupport

To all of you who would rather bicker and blame and fight and insult  ..............grow up and knock it off it is totally inappropriate behavior. Why don't you use all this energy to go and help some buddies on here who are actually suffering from depression right now. Because we have a lot of them. Depression is a living hell. Go spread some  fairy dust and inspire someone on here to get through another day.

So very sad to hear this news.  What a huge talent he was and a rare and unique free spirit.

He went to rehab in July 2014 according to the news and called himself 'an addict'.  IF benzodiazepines were part of his hell, I can only hope that his wife will let the world know.  IF benzos contributed in some way, that information could bring the dangers of benzodiazepines out into the spotlight.  Finally. 

We don't know and may never know what happened.  But his hell, whatever the cause, was what many of the brave people here go through every day.  No matter what, keep fighting through this.  The fight is worth it.  There's lots of life ahead…things to do, places to go and people to see.  Fight on. 

Rest in peace, Robin.

Love to all,

Challis

So very sad to hear this news.  What a huge talent he was and a rare and unique free spirit.

He went to rehab in July 2014 according to the news and called himself 'an addict'.  IF benzodiazepines were part of his hell, I can only hope that his wife will let the world know.  IF benzos contributed in some way, that information could bring the dangers of benzodiazepines out into the spotlight.  Finally. 

We don't know and may never know what happened.  But his hell, whatever the cause, was what many of the brave people here go through every day.  No matter what, keep fighting through this.  The fight is worth it.  There's lots of life ahead…things to do, places to go and people to see.  Fight on. 

Rest in peace, Robin.

Love to all,

Challis

I remember him going to rehab too Challis99 and him talking about his prior battle with alcohol.  A very creative man with wonderfully sharp and active mind, such a loss.

alabamawerle:

???

To all of you who would rather bicker and blame and fight and insult  ..............grow up and knock it off it is totally inappropriate behavior. Why don't you use all this energy to go and help some buddies on here who are actually suffering from depression right now. Because we have a lot of them. Depression is a living hell. Go spread some  fairy dust and inspire someone on here to get through another day.

Who's 'fighting'?

And

Go spread some  fairy dust

If you mean the link I posted, it is to a very establishment depression organisation. It was put on facebook to help those who were coming to grips with the death of an actor who has been in our lives forever. I have read that suspected suicides can trigger depressed people to do the same. (Have no link for this info.) I hope you weren't calling that 'fairy dust'.

Yeah I read a while ago he suffered from major depression so may not be psych meds that are responsible, although I'm sure we'll find out soon. Such a sad day, Good Morning Vietnam is one of my favourite films :( RIP

alabamawerle:

???

Who's 'fighting'?

And

Go spread some  fairy dust

If you mean the link I posted, it is to a very establishment depression organisation. It was put on facebook to help those who were coming to grips with the death of an actor who has been in our lives forever. I have read that suspected suicides can trigger depressed people to do the same. (Have no link for this info.) I hope you weren't calling that 'fairy dust'.

Why do you assume my comments are about you and why on earth would you misconstrue such an innocent term as fairy dust? This is exactly what I am talking about. This thread isn't about you or anybody else on here. It is about the death of someone struggling with depression.  Keep it on topic. Stop wasting time on foolishness and and go help someone in need. Or will I have to repeat myself a third time? For once people, learn how to keep a topic, especially one with the potential to create strife,  ON TOPIC. It is not that hard to do.

Please BB members, Think before you post and use your MORAL compasses.

Williams wife Susan Schneider issued a statement shortly after police released theirs.

“This morning, I lost my husband and my best friend, while the world lost one of its most beloved artists and beautiful human begins. I am utterly heartbroken. On behalf of Robin’s family, we are asking for privacy during our time of profound grief. As he is remembered, it is our hope the focus will not be on Robin’s death, but on the countless moments of joy and laughter he gave to millions.”

Depression doesn't discriminate. Anyone, no matter how successful they are through the eyes of another, can be affected. Familiarise yourself with the signs & symptoms today: http://bit.ly/1pLHjfS

Our thoughts are with the family, friends and everyone who was inspired or delighted by Robin Williams. If you are worried about someone close to you, or just want to talk it through, our Support Service can help – 1300 22 4636 or www.beyondblue.org.au/getsupport

Xana......go take your afternoon Xanax...go on girl!!!!!

Xana......go take your afternoon Xanax...go on girl!!!!!

You are seriously pushing it Rockrimmon.

It seems as if you're the one looking to bicker and cause fights, friend.

This thread had nothing you're describing in it, until you showed up.

Anyways, my condolences to Robin Williams and his family -- he was a great actor and seemed like a remarkable human being. Such a tragedy.

I know it's not up to me to moderate a moderator, but honestly Alambama I have no idea what's gotten up your nose. No one made any disruptive posts, until you made a post implying that someone had. People were only expressing opinions and thoughts. Haven't we had enough of this kind of negitivity on the forum over the last few days in particular?

Maybe we could just get back on track and talk about our memories of RW. I've loved him ever since I first saw him on Happy Days as Mork from Ork. His character in Mork and Mindy always had me laughing until I nearly peed myself.