The body twitchers group

[Bu...]

Well since the craziness is starting, I figure now is a good time to chime in.  I'm lying on the couch relaxing and a creepy under the skin feeling goes through my stomach, chest, arms and jaw.  Now my legs and feet are jerking.  :o  It takes me several hours to get to sleep, and when I do, it starts all over the next day. 

I've never been very good at the acceptance part if these things.  But I guess I'll have to learn,  because it looks like I am stuck with this for awhile.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Bu...]

• [Bu...]

• [...]

• [Pa...]

Top Posters In This Topic

It is hard isn't it. I keep thinking something is wrong with me. Mountain girl is inistol a betablocker? I have wondered about this?

Love Buddy

Page: I hope you did sleep.

H. Thanks for the good wishes.

Can I ask has anyone got like severe jolts in their hands and feet. That is one of my most annoying symptoms.

Love Buddy

I don't have it H, I can understand why you are frightened. But all your medical results have been normal, haven't they?

Love Buddy

[90...]

It is hard isn't it. I keep thinking something is wrong with me. Mountain girl is inistol a betablocker? I have wondered about this?

Love Buddy

Hi Buddy, no it's a simple Carbohydrate found in B vitamins.  It tastes yummy, like and fluffy white, and kind of like sugar :)  I slept like a baby last nite, woke up this a.m., no muscle cramps!!  No anxiety either!  I slept till 8:30, I am loving this!  Another buddy told me that it helped him heal up fast.  I take Inositol and Vit B1 L-Theanine every 3-4 hours when I start cramping.  I bought Inositol a month or so ago, and was too afraid to try it, what an idiot!  I wish I had taken it.  Only side effect is possible loose bowe, ls, easy to remedy, take some Immodium AD.  For me I need it, have been constipated badly.

I can see serious hope now!  Sleep is everything!  They both are so relaxing I almost took a nap yesterday, and haven't been able to.  I had a head injury in a wreck, and can't sleep since.  This is a miracle for me!  I also take Holy Basil, but guys have to take Fenugreek with it to avoid the female hormonal part of it.  I take Red clover & Burdock for their anti-inflammatory properties, mag glycinate, potassium and a few others.

Hugs, MT50 :thumbsup::smitten:

I have not slept in 5 days much. My jaw keeps moving and now my legs are moving. I did have jerks but this movement is more constant. I just want peace to my CNS.

I know Rose. I am just about to post up a massive temper tantrum about jerks and jolts. I have been fairly relaxed and in a good mood most of today. My daughter was at a friend so I lay on bed to get some rest. And it's been spasm, twitch, jerk, jolt constantly. Mostly in my legs but also all over my body. And my face is numb! I am so tired of finding the resources to deal wit this.

Mountaingirl, thanks for coming back to me. Sounds like a good supplement.

Love Buddy

[90...]

Love Buddy

Buddy, yes it is!  I had a few muscle cramps & some mild akathesia, but was able to mop my kitchen floor for first time by myself in over a month!  I took more Inositol, and now they are gone, just mild nerve pain.  Something to be aware of is it makes you very relaxed, almost tired.  It's a great trade off I think, considering the horrid benzo brain!  :crazy:

I would use some Immodium or other anti-diarrhea otc med if you plan to use 18gm a day like me.  Not having the anxiety is such a blessing!

MG50

Moutaingirl I like the idea of it but I am bit nervous. I know we are all different but I was taking supplements, B supplements in a drink and I went and got tolerant to it. I would rather try and hang in there and manage without if I can. But it is hard!

Love Buddy

[90...]

Moutaingirl I like the idea of it but I am bit nervous. I know we are all different but I was taking supplements, B supplements in a drink and I went and got tolerant to it. I would rather try and hang in there and manage without if I can. But it is hard!

Love Buddy

Buddy,  you can't get tolerant of something your brain needs.  It's a B vitamin. I was the same way, and could kick myself, I put myself thru a month of torture I didn't need to.  Now I can get a massage and it will hold!  YAY!!

Hugs, MG50

Page: I hope you did sleep.

H. Thanks for the good wishes.

Can I ask has anyone got like severe jolts in their hands and feet. That is one of my most annoying symptoms.

Love Buddy

Just in the feet

I have not slept in 5 days much. My jaw keeps moving and now my legs are moving. I did have jerks but this movement is more constant. I just want peace to my CNS.

Me too! I fantasize about sleep  :sleepy:

I know Rose. I am just about to post up a massive temper tantrum about jerks and jolts. I have been fairly relaxed and in a good mood most of today. My daughter was at a friend so I lay on bed to get some rest. And it's been spasm, twitch, jerk, jolt constantly. Mostly in my legs but also all over my body. And my face is numb! I am so tired of finding the resources to deal wit this.

Love Buddy

I'm sorry you're feeling so badly.  It's great that we have this place where we can vent

[90...]

Me too! I fantasize about sleep  :sleepy:

I was getting 3.5 hrs for weeks until I started taking peppermint softgels, and putting some on upper lip to inhale, then I got about 4.5-5.  After a few nites on Inositol & B1/L-Theanine, I slept  8 hrs and was able to go back to sleep after getting up twice with my dog when she woke me up, and to get her meds.  I couldn't go back to sleep before that.

MG50

[90...]

Mountaingirl, Where do you get the supplement from?

Love Buddy

Found a company on Ebay that is very reasonable, and reputable, and don't cost a fortune, search for bulk Inositol & L-Theanine, (Rhino)  The inositol seems to make me sleepier, and the L-Theanine seems to help more with cramps/nerve pain.

:)  MG

I have suddenly got much rougher twitchings. Its like small explosions under my skin. Everywhere. It started after I quit first phenergan and then Valerian root. It's like those supplements have been holding back my healing prosess for months and real healing is finally happening. After quitting this supplements I have been going through acute phase over again for the last month. Severe anxiety, insomnia, huge depression and terrible twitchings. Today I can finally feel mentally.more back to myself than before this crazy wave. I don't know whats going on, but something is definitely changing.

H, That's exactly how I was after the Ovaltine. I am nervous of taking anything more than milk. I'm inclined to agree with you!. Glad you are feeling a bit better, despite the twitches,

Love Buddy

Thank you! I'm very scared to take any supplements after this experience. I don't want anything to mask the real withdrawal status. We have to trust our brain. It knows what to do with this.  :smitten:

Woke up this morning with hugely uncomfortable leg twitches.  This is a new one.  Never had them in the morning before.  Anyone else have leg twitches upon waking?

Yes, Page. Mine are at their worst in the morning. I think they are calming down a bit but I don't want to talk too soon!

H, you and I are on the same page.

Love Buddy

I have suddenly got much rougher twitchings. Its like small explosions under my skin. Everywhere. It started after I quit first phenergan and then Valerian root. It's like those supplements have been holding back my healing prosess for months and real healing is finally happening. After quitting this supplements I have been going through acute phase over again for the last month. Severe anxiety, insomnia, huge depression and terrible twitchings. Today I can finally feel mentally.more back to myself than before this crazy wave. I don't know whats going on, but something is definitely changing.

Hopefully this is a short term thing.  I hope you get relief soon.  Does it feel like someone is poking at your nerves?

:smitten: