The body twitchers group

[Bu...]

Hi people,

A few of us were talking in the post taper support group and it seems a lot of us are suffering from twitches to the point where it is disturbing our lives.

This is for anyone with muscle twitches, jerks, head zaps, spasms and all things to do with the muscles. Thought we could share tips / progress on this thread.

Love Buddy

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Bu...]

• [Bu...]

• [...]

• [Pa...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Buddy42,

My input might go down like a lead balloon. I actually quite like the muscle twitches. I feel that when I have one it reminds me that I am in withdrawal and that then goes on to remind me that I will heal and all of these insane symptoms that most people would not believe we go through will all go away.

I smile when these twitches hit me. Benzo withdrawal is loosing the battle and no matter what it throws my way I will maintain a positive attitude.

I have not had much head zaps, headaches yes, along with really dry eyes and light sensitivities. They thankfully have almost gone now, just the odd headache here and there. Everything is thankfully improving, among the wave of waves the windows are shinning.

Wishing you well.

b

Actually I agree with you a bit, B. This started as part of a thread on another board. It is really the head zaps that get to me along with the neuropathy and facial pain. Thought if anyone else was out there we could share some tips!

it's good to think of it in a different light!

Love Buddy

Count me in! I have twitchings all over the body and specially in left calf. I also have myclonic jerks. I hate it. But benzo will definitely loose the battle!

I found everyone! Hello! I have been off for 13 months. I only took ativan for a relatively short time 7 months for sleep. My symptoms have waxed and waned. The worst of it is the hypnic jerks at night before sleep. Sometimes I am up half the night sometimes the entire night. I get shoulder jerks, neck jerks, hips, legs, arms, hands, jaw, you name it. It drives me crazy!!! I am in the middle of a bad bout of them now that started up again for no reason. I worry that this is something that is permanent that won't go away completely. Does anyone know if that's a possibility? I also used to get woken up by loud bangs or weird noises that weren't there.

I'm pretty sure its not permanent. I can feel that my nervous system is over sensitive and it can take long time before it calms down. I think we have to learn to live with it until it passes. Don't let the jerks frighten you. Try to stay calm and go with them.

I think the jerks get worse when you are over tired when you go to bed. Or stressed. My Neuro said that skinny people often have more twitchings. Are you guys skinny?

I would call myself skinny I am prob average weight. :) it is just so frustrating. Everything I read on here says by 18 months most people are healed. Is that what you guys have read?

Buddy, it's  good to see the Body Twitchers are up and running!  I need to find a good emoticon to adequately express this experience.  And boy do I have a lot of twitches to talk about :(

Irenakt, I have the same problem as you do.  Some nights I pace the floor for hours(no joke) because I can't sit or lie down.  Even though I have read about this online over and over, I don't understand...why does it only stop when I stand or walk?  One night I was standing in the kitchen and almost fell over on the ceramic tile floor because I started falling asleep standing up.

Well, more later

Maybe this emoticon will do for twitching :o

HGHG, I used to be skinny when I was younger but I've gained weight over the years.  I'm probably about 10 lbs overweight now.  Don't know if that helps

Page: It is a maddening experience to be sure. It is very freaky when it happens as I am trying to fall asleep because it is very jarring and startling. It makes me feel very on edge then and then I can't relax and fall asleep because I don't know when the next one will strike. I have set up a nighttime routine that helps: a glass of milk and a hot bath about an hour before bed. Then I have my hubby give me a massage. The bath helps the most to relax my muscles. If I don't take a bath I definitely twitch.

Page: It is a maddening experience to be sure. It is very freaky when it happens as I am trying to fall asleep because it is very jarring and startling. It makes me feel very on edge then and then I can't relax and fall asleep because I don't know when the next one will strike. I have set up a nighttime routine that helps: a glass of milk and a hot bath about an hour before bed. Then I have my hubby give me a massage. The bath helps the most to relax my muscles. If I don't take a bath I definitely twitch.

Maybe I'll try the bath.  I tried taking a walk in the evening and that didn't help.

I just laid on the bed to type this and I swear it just started up..the freaky feelings in my legs :(  it's going to be a long night :brickwall:

My neuro told me that skinny people who works out a lot and too little sleep can give twitchings. But that's under normal conditions. We are in withdrawal and we twitch even if we sit in the sofa all day and sleep 12 hours. :laugh: But being skinny, insomnia and work out may increase our twitchings too I guess.

Me too! Specially my left leg. Where do you get it? I'm in PMS and everything gets worse then. Wake up after four hours with anxiety. Like in acute. Terrible.

I am the same. I get it all over and constantly, H. It's a nightmare and very frightening. It will jolt my hand, my back, my leg, my back, my mouth and then all over again. For hours.

Love Buddy

I keep dreaming that this nightmare will end. if I could only get these jerks and twitches under control I'd be well because all my anxiety stems from it!

Love Buddy

I feel exactly the same! This muscle symptoms are holding me back. I just got my results from x-ray of calf and hands and there are no pathological findings. No atrophy. So f*** benzo leave my body alone!!! And body please heal faster! I have a life to live! My mom is dying. I need to bee there for her. I don't have time for this shit!!

I know, H. I feel really sorry for you. I am in  a place where the muscles in my face and neck just seize up constantly. Along with the all over body twitches and jerks! It's purgatory!

Love Buddy

[e3...]

Hi guys & gals,  :smitten:  I have the twitches which are annoying, but the muscle cramps have been very debilitating to me.  My muscles, tendons & ligaments in shoulders, arches, legs, arms, even spine cramp so bad, they feel they will tear.  I can't walk much or stay up long. 

I started taking Inositol 2 days ago, it's helping calm down my neurotransmitters, I am much better today, also started B1, L-Theanine, that is helping the same.  I drink tons of peppermint.  I do it before bed, put it on my nose to inhale, it calms cramps and helps you sleep.  I take pills throughout day also.  At nite i take L-trytophan, Taurine, Melatonin, passion flower.  I'm not sleeping great, but much better than I would be without my herbs & supplements. 

I'm getting windows, sometimes hours, sometimes days.  I'm only 2 months out CT from Klono, and 3 from other benzos, and opiates. 

I'm glad I have these sx's as bad as that sounds, because I know my brain is comin back to life.  If I was exhausted and no zaps, cramps, etc, it would mean there was something wrong with my neurotransmitters.  So look at it as a positive sign that you are healing.  :thumbsup:

Love, MG50