Knowing when it's safe to jump off Klonopin

[fl...]

To keep this brief...I’ve been tapering Clonazepam for about 2 years now. For the last year I've been using a compound that is 0.4mg/2.50ml. My current dose is 0.50ml twice a day which is about 0.16mg per day if my math is correct. My cuts over the past 8-10 months have been very difficult at times, mostly due IMO to differences in the potency of the compound.

My question(s) is/are...at what point do I make the jump? Is there a point where the dose is so small it does more harm by taking it then just taking that last step?

That's a concentrated liquid.  I would think it would be difficult to not vary your dose from day to day.  How do you dispense it?  Can you dilute it?

You are at .16mg K now which is equivalent to 3.2mg V.  IMO much too high to jump.  I think it's best not to jump, but rather taper all the way to zero.  The closer you get to zero the better.

Thanks for the response SG57,

When you say "concentrated liquid", do you mean it's strong? I honestly don't remember how that rate was determined for the compound prescription but it's what I've been using. As for dispensing, I use a 1ml syringe drawing 0.50ml twice daily making cuts as I can every 14 days or so. Diluting...I would wonder how to determine the actual strength if I added anything to the compound.

I have tried to read as much as possible on how and when to cut. Like I said, it's been a long process so far so the time it takes is what it is. I'm in no hurry. I have read several of great posts in which you have replied. In several you talk about daily cuts. In your opinion, do you think trying to do a daily cut would smooth things out as far as the WD symptoms are concerned? If so, how do I calculate my daily cuts to stay within the 10%+/- range?

Sorry for all the questions. After going through this for so long I still feel like I don't know anything. This stuff seems to throw you a curve when ever you least expect it!

Yes.  It is strong.  .4mg/2.5ml is .16mg/ml.  On a 1ml syringe with 100 tick marks each tick contains .0016mg.  And yes I think, especially at your low dose, that daily cutting would help.  Small frequent cuts are good IMO.

I usually recommend people begin by cutting .001mg K daily, but your dose is very low so you might want to begin even lower at .0005mg per day and try it for a few weeks to evaluate if you can go to .00075mg or possibly .001mg.  .0005mg would be one third of a tick mark on your syringe.  So you would be reducing by one tick every three days - like I said, your liquid is concentrated.  But you may be able to do it if you are careful and exact.  I mean, as long as you moved say 5 ticks in 15 days you should be okay, don't you think?  Even if you can't get each individual cut exact?

Thanks for the advice. I will try the daily cutting. I did notice however that the syringes I have are 1ml (1cc) but the ticks are .02ml each. I will have to find the ones you mentioned that have 100 tick marks. I have to let this latest cut settle first. Today has been especially bad for some reason. My biggest worry has been whether or not the next bottle I get will be weak or strong. It has made a huge difference especially when trying to cut at this lower level. I found out that the potency of each compound is allowed to vary by +/- 10% under FDA guidelines which doesn't sound bad unless your the one on the receiving end. Thank you again for the info. I'll let you know how it goes.