How long does benzo belly last?

[Pa...]

Just curious to know how long benzo belly stuck around.  I have had it for over a month and it seems to be getting worse not better.  Looking for feedback and people's experiences.

Just curious to know how long benzo belly stuck around.  I have had it for over a month and it seems to be getting worse not better.  Looking for feedback and people's experiences.

I have had my benzo belly for months. I excercise and excercise but nothing helps the pregnant look. I am almost at 8 months.

8 months off and still gave Benzo Belly.  I don't think it goes away until we heal which could be a year or more. 

Korbe

[8d...]
6 mos out and still benzo belly for me. I exercise and eat well. I wonder could it be stress...stress causes weight gain in the middle.

No, it's not stress, it's Benzos.  I believe withdrawal causes a physical change in the stomach area, supposedly there are numerous Benzo neurotransmitters there.  Don't think exercise or diet will help, but healing will. It's awful and painful painful at times.

Korbe

[8d...]

No, it's not stress, it's Benzos.  I believe withdrawal causes a physical change in the stomach area, supposedly there are numerous Benzo neurotransmitters there.  Don't think exercise or diet will help, but healing will. It's awful and painful painful at times.

Korbe

Ah yes. Visible reminder of what this drug does. Scary to think what it does invisibly to the brain. I remind myself that I took alcohol before this and was hurting myself then too just didn't notice it. So this is a good reality check to pick up better habits.

Korbe

I agree.  My guess would be that the benzos were suppressing something that is no longer being suppressed and swelling is occurring.  My benzo belly got painful yesterday.  It's pressure pushing against my abdominal walls.  Ouch!  Looks like I'm in for a lonnnnnng recovery with this one  :(

• 8 months later...
im about a year out and its still really bad.I was  147 lbs then during acute withdrawal i puked and shit so much I came down to 135. Now Im 165 - all the extra eight is in my belly

I don't know what benzo belly is but does everyone get it? Thank you. Cross

I'm not entirely sure what "benzo belly" is, but for me whatever is happening to my belly is terrible and it's one of the weirdest symptoms.  I have this insane bloating every day, I bloat to the point where it actually hurts to take a step when I walk because my lower belly feels like it's falling out.  It's at its worst in the morning, I can't even button my jeans, but by night I not only can button them, but I need a belt to keep them from falling down.  Whatever it is, it's making my life a mess.  I can't do anything.

I'm not entirely sure what "benzo belly" is, but for me whatever is happening to my belly is terrible and it's one of the weirdest symptoms.  I have this insane bloating every day, I bloat to the point where it actually hurts to take a step when I walk because my lower belly feels like it's falling out.  It's at its worst in the morning, I can't even button my jeans, but by night I not only can button them, but I need a belt to keep them from falling down.  Whatever it is, it's making my life a mess.  I can't do anything.

I have that same degree of fluctuation, skinny pickle to fat old man 3-5 times per day.

• 2 weeks later...
I have this too at 11 months out. I seem to notice low back pain with the stomach I wonder if it's all related. It's so weird.

My benzo belly seems to be getting worse too, not better. I've had it all along but mostly ignored it. Lately though it is getting harder and harder to ignore. I'm glad you asked this question. It sounds like everything else, it's differentfor each person on how long it takes to go away.