Important Survey - Please Participate ×

12 to 18 months withdrawal symptoms club

[Ro...]

I am in my 13 month of healing from Ambien. Nerve pain, chest issues, motor issues, anxiety, sedation and headaches for 6 months sometimes sever. Please post some helpful hints. Healing is a slow process. 

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Co...]

• [ra...]

• [Ha...]

• [Ro...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Rose ... welcome to BB ... their are several Buddies over on the "6 - 12 month" group ... we have been there for several months ... their are folks at different stages of their recovery ... you would be welcome to join us ... we are there for each other every day ...

Sometimes it takes a little while for new "Groups" to get going ...

Good Healing.

Hi Rose...just want to second everything Nova just said. What a great idea for people who have reached the 12 month mile marker and going for a few more months. You are surely wecome with us, we have some who have hit the 12 month goal and those of us behind are begging them to stay because they are daily proof that we can get there too. I am sorry that you are still having some s/  in month 13.  What. a long journey you have traveled. I hope the next leg of I.provement will be rapid and get you to 100%......come talk to us while you wait for some more 12-18 buddies.  Coop

Bumping this as I think it is a great idea for a group. All of us in the 6-12 month group would love to follow some 12-18 month buddies....coop

Well I'm almost 14 months in a couple of days.  Still struggling but not like I did months ago.  Sxs are waving in and out with my cycle.  I wish I wasn't a woman through this. I think men have it slightly easier because their hormones stay more stable. 

Hi Healingslowly.....thanks for posting. ..I àm stepping into Montague 9 on Sunday.  When you say " still struggling " where would you put your baseline...more than 70-75% healed? Are you able to work?  .. socialize? sleep?....14 months is such an accomplishment...congratulations to you for getting past the 12 month mile marker. I hope the remaining s/x drop off very soon...coop

I would say I fluctuate a lot on how much I've healed.  Every month seems to be different.  Some worse than others sometime feels like I start over.  I have terrible sensitivities to lots of food, sugar, etc. will set off panic attacks.  Wish I was better but I'm not.

• 3 weeks later...
I'm coming up on 12 months. Would like to follow this group. Very curious if others have felt like me. (Bad wave after feeling nearly healed for many weeks.. Return of early symptoms, long wave, etc) though in the last couple days (after 2-3 weeks of this) I'm starting to feel much better.

Hi Cad...I am only 9.5 months out after a 6 month taper...but this is z great idea for a support group. ...You just described exactly what happened to me between 8.5 and 9.5. From 8.5 to 9 I was really stable at a baseline of 70-75%....then the whole world turned upside down and I was back in acute...seriously...anxiety...elevated b/p.  heart palps...panics ..intrusive thoughts and raging health fears...I was thinking about reinstating but caught a few hours of sunbreak...enough to keep me going.

.  ......your post has been so so reassuring that this is w/ d and I am still getting better. ...thank you for coming on and posting...coop

I am so glad you started this thread... I was getting concerned that I was 12 month in 30 days. I am having a real tough time with some final waves. I hope they are final -- waves seem so definite. I will still hang with my friends on 6-12 too.

Life

• 1 month later...
I am in my 16 month and its still hard. No time of no waves just pain and hanging on each moment of the day. I am healing but its hard.

Hi Rose.

Sorry you are still suffering. I'm in my fifteenth month and just want it all to be over so badly.

The waves can be so cruel sometimes. I have good days and bad days.

What are your worst symptoms?

Hang in there and take it one day at a time.

No waves of freedom just pain in different areas except now its healing. Chest tightness, legs were moving and now have stopped. Surges to my toes and they wiggle. Jaw moves and fingers have more control now. I have had pain in every area of my body.

I jumped in May of 2013. I still have symptoms of anxiety, tinnitus and depression, but not on a daily bases, nor do they last all day.  I would say I am 75% healed. After being on Xanax for 25+ years, I am happy with my progress. Hugs to Rose and all that come this way.

Blue

• 2 weeks later...

This is a great time frame for a thread. I am at 12 months on Nov 3.  so coming right up. I will be just starting month 12. nit completing it. ....At the end of month 11 I have had some nice windows along g the way ...widely spaced, never lasting more than 12 to 18 hours at a time but a few have been 100% days...I just had an 18 hour 100% day 2 days ago. I really thought that was going to be my big turn around...but it wasn't. Yesterday I had one of the worst attacks of anxiety in the past 3 months. Pounding heart. head pressure, nausea, elevated b/p..anxiety bordering on panic. I call these anxiety attacks. I made it through a family portrait session in the midst of it and got better through the day. Today my b/p is bouncing up and down.  after being stable at 110/70 for several months. My anxiety is back at thews 6 month intensity and I am depressed about the whole thing. I know it will pass ...When I have windows it is so normal.  like none of this ever happened. Today I am losing hope in the entire process but determined to live my life with and in spite of my s/x. ...I would love to hear of anyone feeling consistently better between 12-18 months...thanks....wishing everyone days and days of windows.  Coop

I was having 1-3 week waves followed by 2-6 week windows. When I had a window life felt as if none of this ever happened. In month 10 I got hit with a wave. I'm in month 13 going on 14 & the wave has not left but I feel a lot of healing going on. I'm able to rationalize better... Not as afraid. Example- in the beginning I would have a headache or pressure & be convinced of a tumor & would be messed up for days over it. Now when stuff happens im more able to respond in the way I used to. Some things I shrug off- other things I have to work through but I don't react in the same the sky is falling type of way. On the other hand I had a return of acute sx come back & linger. I hope others chime in... I'm curious to hear how others are as well.

Cad...thank you for your encouraging response. I am a little worried that I have never had a window lasting more than 48 hours...at the most. I did have a string of good days in month 4..  .hard times from 4-11.. although 11 was looking good with a much improved baselineuntil this Sat when the anxiety/panic hit. ....I will say, that like you, for the most part I am more able to roll with s/x in a much bigger way than in months 2-10. .. until this one..but this one even seems to be losing some of its fear punch. I so appreciate your reply and am encouraged and happy for you that you feel definite healing going on in month 13.  Wishing you 100% healing.  coop

I've read a lot of others who have had no windows... Just some days are better than others. I have a new sx which is bothering me atm- & I've thought a lot about it but I'm not in a panic for days over it. Hopefully you will have more windows in the coming weeks/months! I think it gets harder in some ways because we are so far out & tired, ready for it to be over, etc. Hang in there coop!

Hi guys,

Coop, I very rarely get windows its more of a I feel better today ( but still have some sx ) just like cad said. I think I met you on BB when you were 5 months out and I can tell you that you are healing, you sound consistently better in your posts. Remember you just had that wonderful window a few days ago? This is a great thread, I hope it gets more active! Hugs Coop, Jenny

Thanks so much Jenny...yes, you and I talk alot over on the 6-12 thread. I am so off base I am posting on both theses.  You fast well have come through on a tough road. I follow you all the time. I know you struggled with head pressure and s/x....and they got better.  I am managing better today...manageable but a slip back from where I was last week. ...I know things will improve again and that window I had last week was such a joy...Hope your baseline holds and opens up to. huge window...you really deserve to be 100%  .  Coop

Hello all,

I don't post a lot but I a spend a bit of time on this forum reading about others experiences. I am currently in the middle of month 12. I really thought I would be nearly healed by now. I still have waves that include feeling unbalanced (boaty feeling), severe derealization, ear fullness, nausea, twitching, and depression. I do get windows that last 1-2 weeks where I feel pretty good and each time I start to think that maybe I've finally reached the other side, but then I get hit again. I'm growing so tired of this cruel process. I am thankful that I am able to work and "get by" for the most part, but I feel like I'm missing out on a real life and experiencing reality. I feel like I live in a dream world...the derealization is so thick. I am grateful for the windows I do get and I'm hoping some day soon I get a window that never closes. How are others in 12-18 months feeling?

Ok, do you guys mind if I join? I'm not there, but I'm going to continue to hear your stories, cause I hear the healing and it's encouraging for me!

Ok, do you guys mind if I join? I'm not there, but I'm going to continue to hear your stories, cause I hear the healing and it's encouraging for me!

Of course....come on in!! We all need encouragement. :thumbsup: