Failed c/o

[Tr...]

Anyone had failed direct c/o to Klonopin?  If so, what did you do?  Doctor won't script for Ativan.  Had no choice.  Body not adjusting to Klonopin, very dizzy, extremely emotional lots of dp and waves of anxiety.  This is day 6, need advise.  Was intolerance with A.

Try

Are you sure you have the correct equivalent dosage? Depending on the strength of the clonazepam ie: generic version etc... maybe you need to adjust for that and add a bit more or less? Sometimes over sedation can cause the same effects as under sedation. Also how many times a day are you dosing? perhaps you need to dose more or less?

Just some things to consider...........Bama.

Bama,

Thanks for responding.    I need to consider what you mentioned.    Right now I'm dosing 3 times a day at .25 mg morning, afternoon, night.    I was on Ativan in tolerance tapered from 2 mg. to almost 1.50mg.  My doc scripted 1 mg twice daily of clonazpem which I know is too much.  So, I'm trying to adjust.  I figured starting low and adding slowly would work.  Don't think I've found the right dosage.  And, she won't write any new scripts for Ativan.  So, I'm w/d and adjusting at the same time. 

It's a challenge for sure.  That's why I was thinking maybe this is a failed c/o.

Try

I am a little confused

Are you taking o.25mg clonazepam 3x a day?

But you were taking 1.5mg of attivan before? How many times a day were you dosing your attivan? But you also mentioned you were better on 2mg attivan? Perhaps you should start with that equivalency instead.

When I crossed over I was dosing attivan 3x a day and had major interdose w/d.

I crossed over to the same amount for 3x a day of clonazepam. I felt calmer and way better because my interdose w/d disappeared.

This is the equivalency chart http://www.benzo.org.uk/bzequiv.htm

So if you were taking say

1mg attivan 3x a day

you would cross over to

0.5mg clonazepam 3x a day.

Try to cross over exactly the same as before. don't try to alter your doses and do a crossover at the same time, that in my opinion would be  too much for your body to adjust to.

Bama.xo

Bama,

I was taking 1.50mg total of Ativan a day,  I started at 2mg A tapered down to 1.50mg.  Dosing .25  6 times a day because of MAJOR tolerance w/d.   

I'm dosing 3 times a day on the Clonazpem  .25 each dose total .75 mg.   

Direct c/o.  I probably need to adjust higher.

Try

Yes then maybe it is possible you need a bit more due to the cross over of medications. This is not an exact science unfortunately. I know it is hard to cut those 0.5mg pills. SO perhaps to make it easier add another 0.25mg and do a fourth dose during the day?  Or add 0.125mg (1/4 pill) to each o.25mg dose 3 times  a day. And see how that goes?

I hope you feel better!  :smitten: Bama.xo

Ruby,

Bless you.  You are right, we are in this together.  I hope you are feeling better soon.

Try

Hey Try2 , I'm with you . I just got an appt with a new Dr in 2 weeks . I've been trying to keep in mind the crossover needs to be about 9 weeks according to Ashton Manual . was taking 2 mg Ativan , cut .25mg for 14 days , today I'm cutting another .25mg leaving 1.5mg in 2 x.75mg doses . Also , 30mg Temasepam at bed time . Hoping to crossover to diasepam for all of it , stabilize and cut from there . Take it slow . You're in my prayers  :smitten:  :thumbsup: Iam

Iam,

I'm having such a hard time with my direct c/o.  I wasn't given the option of V.  It's been so hard.  And, my psych keeps telling me it should be fine.  My body is going thru all kinds of crazy.

I'm glad you are doing a safe and correct c/o.

You are in my prayers, too.

Try

Kinda seems unfair that it's when we're trying to ditch benzos that a lot of brain/body stuff goes haywire on us-and that's even if you've been in tolerance, or having interdose w/d. Bleah!! After my 8ish month Ativan titration taper failed (and after the first month or two it was NOT a good time at ALL), I was a total mess and really demoralized.

This time around with the Ativan to Valium c/o, I'm cautiously optimistic-one day at a time. Be kind to yourself, and don't give up. It seems hard to find the right kind of help re: doc/support/knowledge, but the BB can really help. YOU haven't failed...you just need a do-over :thumbsup:. Goodgooood luck to us all.

p.s. I would really love to see a doc/psych who has had to come off benzos-all very well to tell ya 'you should be fine,' grrr.

Allie,

Thanks for your reply and encouragement.  I don't know.  I was hoping to feel better being off Ativan that was making me sick and this klonopin isn't any better.  I'm going to look at my dosages. 

You are right let's see a doc/psych come off these benzos.  We all know they would NEVER prescribe that for themselves.

Take care, stay strong.

Try