Wave after walking

[Lo...]

hi everyone well the good news is my son and I went out for an evening walk. we walked almost the length of the parking lot in my apartment complex. I'm very proud of myself :-)

the bad news is when I got home I fell more off balance...more so I felt more head pressure and I felt like something was pulling at the back of my head where the cerebellar area is.

after I put my son to bed I sat down I feel like I'm moving in the whole boaty like sensation is back :-(

has anyone felt like this before after they exercised or did something that challenged their symptom?

Yes, all the time. I love to walk and when I get a break from my symptoms I love to walk in the evenings.

Up until a couple of months ago every time I walked I noticed a flare in symptoms. I quit for a little while because I just didn't want anymore flare ups. After a few weeks I started again and it wasn't as bad. Now when I walk I expect my symptoms to flare, sometimes they do and sometimes they don't.

Today I did a little to much, I did a little housework and took a walk. It was to much for me in one day.

I am constantly testing the waters of what I can and can't do.

I have come to realize I have to take baby steps. The same way with food. I tried sugar and had a setback, my body is letting me know it's not time.

Don't get discouraged and give up anything you try, just postpone for a while and keep trying.

Baby steps and determination will get you far.

You will get there.

Hi lovingmother

I am so pleased you managed a walk. Well done.

I have been unable to do much for 10 months now - in bed most of the time.

3 months - bedridden, could only go to toilet, get something to eat, have a bath. Live alone. Saw no-one. Too ill.

3 months - still bedridden, not able to do any more but felt less ill, visitors once a week

3 months, still in bed mostly, able to do more e.g, use internet, still unable to stand/walk much

Now - still in bed mostly but standing more and yesterday I managed to put a clean duvet cover on my bed without too much of a backlash, was chuffed.

I am an expert at baby steps. I just go with my body/brain. Any physical effort results in head pressure and I feel very ill. I don't push myself too much because the backlash is too great. Little by little I am getting better.  It is better to do a little, recover, and do a little more.

Hugs

LF  :smitten:

I had to stop exercising because of it. Laying out in the sun does me in bad too but my vitamin D is low so I've been forcing myself. Tonight I ate a sandwich from subway and it ruined my night big time! Funny what can make us worse.

Yeah, I will go back to doing shorter walks...darn it. I hate this. I was once a marathoner...now I can't even walk straight. Very depressing.  :'(

Hi LM - Ive been walking as well, and I do get boaty after, but I'm noticing it less and less. I think exercise is key to recovery and I'm going to do it every day come hell or high water. Ashton said something about viewing those symptoms as a good sign instead of introducing a wave. Previous to benzo's I would often feel weak, rapid heart rate, sore legs and sometimes dizzy after a strenuous workout.....it never scared me, I knew I worked hard. Our bodies are readjusting to the activity so there will be some glitches.

I've read quite a few threads by other members who credit their recovery and success to exercise. I wish I could remember where I read them now. If I can find them, I'll post the links.

Keep walking. I couldn't even do 5 min when I started and today I went for 20 min and had no increase in symptoms afterwards  :thumbsup: