Help with Xanax taper

[Bl...]

Was on Xanax .25mg 4X per day and weaned off per self to .25mg 2X per day about 18 months ago. Am ready to finish weaning off  from .25mg 2x per day. Actually, about 3 weeks ago did a simple pill split to reduce one quarter of one pill, an eighth of a total dose reduction. I felt fine for two weeks, but then started have some mild withdrawal symptoms. I thought it might be due to the different dosages amounts? And not sure what to do next. Anyway, felt I needed to investigate to find some more expertise on weaning down. Just found this site recently and have gathered all equipment for liquid titration. I am assuming I'll use the two tablets in 100ml of liquid, and withdraw an eighth of solution(12.5 ml or 13 for ease?) to arrive at my starting point and begin tapering down from there. Would I then start weaning off 1 ml per day as tolerated? Please advise...am I understanding this correctly?

Am adding to my earlier post above. Looks like I got off to a bad start, not knowing about Benzobuddies sooner! I am holding and waiting for a titration schedule and my withdrawal symptoms are just getting worse and worse. Feeling like I'm not in best situation to start a taper. What do I do now? Am at awkward dosage right now. Do I retreat, knowing that symptoms will not necessarily get better and wait for stabilization and restart at later date with this better method? How would you recommend I proceed? I made the initial cut June 25th! Please help!

Later post--Have added profile signature as requested. Am still holding and ready to continue weaning with titration. I am at .435 mg and eager for schedule assistance.

From 1mg to zero, I cut no more than 1/4th of a .25, (.0625), every 8 to 14 days.  How did you taper to get to .50?  And how long have you been at .50, (18 months?).  What sized pills are you working with?

We have a several buddies who are titrating Xanax who post on the Xanax Support thread. If you drop by there, you may get some additional support.

Please consider completing a signature with your history of utilizing Xanax.  Here's how.  Go to:  Profile>>Summary>>Forum Profile and in the Signature space type up a brief history.  This way our buddies can see where you are and have the info needed to support you.

Still holding at .4375 mg xanax. I'm taking .1875 mg in one dose and .25mg in second dose. Any advise how to begin/proceed with liquid titration schedule. I'm thinking of starting with titrating the .25 mg dose till doses are at equal amts. But need help making sure I get the dilution correct. Would it work to take .1875 dose separately and put the .25mg dose only in 100ml and decrease 1 or 2 ml per day till down to .1875 and then switch to titrating the whole dose and splitting?

I'm sorry I'm not a titration person.  The link I gave you to the Xanax blog is where the folks I know who are titrating Xanax occasionally post.  Xanax is not soluble in water and it has no affinity for the fat in milk, so I stuck with dry cutting.  The folks I do know who titrate use water though and must work very fast due to the problem with solubility.  Maybe if you post on the Xanax blog someone will chime in and offer you some suggestions.  VCharis is doing a titration taper off Xanax now.  :)