Important Survey - Please Participate ×

My Intro

[Tr...]

Hi my name is Carmen and I'm a 28 year old mother of a two year old and a seven year old. I am in a bad marriage and suffering from benzos. Klonopin to be more specific. I tapered from 2mgs down to .5 and hit a wall so hard I couldn't take it.

I'm currently reinstating for the time being as I wait for my SSI to be approved so I'll have money since I can't work, and so that I can try to get into a new home for me and my kids. Give the kids time to get a bit older. I'm still struggling very very much everyday even though I'm slowly reinstating and I need help!

I don't want to be on the Klonopin anymore. I just need out of the mess I'm in with my estranged liar addict husband before I can do anything. I can't work so I stay here until I can get the SSI and move out with the kids. Husband isn't abusive just a liar and addict and uncaring.

I suffer so much! I really need people to lean on! I have so much anxiety and insomnia and pain! I hope to be able to talk to others like me in this site. I have several videos on Youtube.

Carmen xx

Edit: nickname removed from post title

~Juliea

Welcome TreasureRayne  :)

I am so glad you found Benzo Buddies. I am so sorry that you are struggling with a bad marriage as well as having difficulty with Klonopin. In my opinion a slower withdrawal rate significantly reduces the risk of severe withdrawal symptoms. It look like you have been on them for quite some time. You will want to make sure you get off them carefully.

Personally I think your symptoms of anxiety and insomnia come from being on the Klonopin. I suffered for years from the same thing thinking that taking a larger dose would help, but it didn't. It was only after I stopped that I realized it was the drug making me feel so terribly.

The general recommendation for tapering after long term use is 5-10%, every 10 to 14 days. 

Our members can give you the support you need. The collective wisdom of our members is enormous. The majority are willing to share their experiences.

I'm going to give you some links to get you started here on the forum. The first is to the Ashton Manual. It is a great resource on benzodiazepines , tapering plans  and withdrawal. Reading this will give you a better understanding on why you feel the way you do. It is written by a Professor who is an expert in her field. The second is a link to the Withdrawal Support  ( during your taper). The third is a link to General Tapering Plans. Although tapering plans can be tricky for many of us we can adjust the taper as we go along. 

Please create a signature. I have provided a link to do so.This will be displayed at the bottom of each post you make. Please include the dates of use, what medications you are on and what doses. This will give the member reading your posts a better understanding of your situation and needs.

Again, Welcome  :)

benzosrcruel

The Ashton Manual

Withdrawal Support (during your taper)

General Tapering Plans

Create A New Signature

~Juliea

Hi Carmen.

Welcome to BB. It sounds sensible to take things a step at a time. When you have settled into a new home and are away from your husband you can think about what to do next. You will get lots of support here.

Take care.

LF  :smitten:

~Juliea

This place is amazing!

Get yourself comfortable and settled in and keep reading and looking around at all the posts. It's extremely helpful. 

There is no rush to the finish line it's just great to realize that you started the race.  No losers here.

~Juliea

Carmen,

I am new to the site and find the people here very supportive. I am sorry you are having such a difficult time, it will all fall into place as soon as you get your new life on track and the children settle a little and your ex husband leaves you alone.

Hope you stay well, wait until you feel ready to taper, get some calm on your side and a support if you have one to talk to - a girl friend or someone you trust.

Wishing you wellness for now.

Glad you got on Carmen, You will find reading the material 1st will set your mind to really thinking. I was shocked to find that my benzo was causing all my problems after seeing more drs then I have fingers and toes.

The support you will get here is by far the best and I will be here with you too