Does any1 else downplay the amount they were taking??

[Re...]

What I mean is when I started on Benzo Buddies I read a lot of other posts first before joining and was surprised to read that most other people going through this hell were on around 40mg Diazepam (or equivalent) and lower.But here where I'm from people I know abusing Valium on the streets etc. were on at least 20 or 30 10mg tablets a DAY and more. 

I myself was on what it says in my sig. but some days I'd end up taking 10-20 tablets and my tolerance was that high it wouldn't do that much to me and on this site a lot of the time I'm reluctant to say how much I was actually taking because it seems so over the top compared to a lot of other people's experiences.

Here in Scotland Valium abuse is a massive problem on the streets and to a lot of the people taking them, it is normal to eat loads at a time. Im really glad i stopped but when i did the withdrawal was monstrous due to the fact I was on a steady amount every day but would also have these binges.Has anyone else had similar experiences??

Hey red or Blue. I think a lot of the people on here are pretty honest about what they took. I myself got up to like 12 mgs of xanax a day. I met a lot of people in treatment that abused the way you did. So you're not alone.

It's not that I was being dishonest and I know that's not what you're saying but I was just a bit shy about putting down the massive amounts of Valium I was actually taking.

Hello RedorBlue,

It's important to understand that the composition of street drugs is very variable.

In Scotland a "blue" or 10mg tablet contains on average around 3mg of diazepam.

The other constituents are usually inactive. But there was a tragic case a couple of years ago when blues were cut with lorazepam, leading to a couple of fatal overdoses.

Take care,

spartacus

My prescription was for 40 mgs. valium a day, and I was so desperate for relief (not self harm) that I took about 200mgs. one day. I didn't get relief- I wasn't even groggy.

Then, eventually, I ended up in a 5 day rapid detox facility.

The next week I ended up in the ER 4 times, and had to reinstate at 40 mgs.

I don't know what the future holds.

I just know that I am not going through what I did after detox, since I am back on valium.

Lucero how long ago did you do CT from the Valium?? Are u still in withdrawal?? I'm now at 16 Months and still have a lot of head pressure and the anxiety is still quite bad.

Im pretty much honest, in that 20-30mg is what i was taking on a day to day basis for anxiety/social phobia. But there were a couple of days, usually after a night of drinking, where I would wake up not remembering most of the night before, then I'd look in my bag of street valium to find that i had about 7 less in there than when i last looked. So i obviously blacked out and went on a binge. this happened a couple of times, and is actually what made me want to stop taking the stuff. It was too good at turning off that little voice in my head saying "this might be a bad idea" and made me do really irresponisble things that are totally out of my usual character. I wouldnt really be ashamed though, its not uncommon for people to end up abusing meds in this way at all, especially when your buying  from street dealers and dont have a dr checking the amount left in your bottle every month etc. The only reason i didnt include it in my sig is that it really wasn only a couple of times and i wasnt sure how much of  difference that would make in the long run.

Hi RedOrBlue...ya...I read a long article last week about the abusive of Valium in Scotland. It has become a crisis and like you said people are taking 30-100 mg daily. My mom is from Glascow. Funny she was on Valium here in California for decades, about 15 mg daily. She didn't have any problems after she stopped. Unlike myself. I guess we are unique in that sense. Best wishes to you.

Well I suppose drugs are never really that much of a problem until we try to stop taking them, lol.Then they can be a Bugger.

I was always honest with my doc about what I was taking. I  never took more than I was supposed to. Who needs to anyway, when you're already taking 10 mg k??? Bets