Klonopin Manufacturing Stoppage

[Kl...]

I've been a user of brand-name Klonopin for 28 years now, for Peripheral Neuropathy, (off label use), and am very concerned about the ceasing of brand-name production. 

I too called Roche-Genentech, and was told "maybe production would resume this coming October".

I'm very worried they are removing it from the market, (as they did with their brand-name Valium last June), due to all the lousy generic Clonazepam available, which don't work the same for me, and cause me to go into horrendous withdrawal.

I only take 3 to 4 halves of a 1/2 mg. tablet daily, i.e., 3/4 mg. to 1 mg. daily, but when I tried to cut back to 1/2 mg. daily, went into spasmatic withdrawal.

Can anyone recommend a generic that has worked as well as the brand-name Klonopin? 

You would think companies like Roche-Genentech would show some compassion for users of their brand name drug, because of the withdrawal they will almost certainly experience via switching to a generic version that doesn't work as well, but as always, it's only the bottom line in dollars these large companies care about! Very sad... :-(

Thanx,

:(

Klonopiner

I used to get my generic Xanax at Rite-Aid here on the east coast, USA.  It was as good as the brand name, IMO.