Dr. Jennifer Leigh

[da...]

She is calling off the seminar she had planned in August in California. She is 36 months out and was planning to have the seminar in California. She is now back in a wave after being okay for a while. She wanted 1000 people, but said she only got about 600 or so. I guess the wave has changed everything. She had been back at her counseling job and this happened.

Yes I believe she had a stomach virus as well and went on a vegan diet for a month.

Such a shame I hope she is recovering again.

I seriously doubt big Pharma has had anything to do with this.

She's really suffered with being on K for many years and then finally resorting to a detox program.

According to her site, she's had a rough recovery and isn't there yet at all.

It most likely was too much too soon for her.

I talked to her a few days ago. I can assure you it's not big pharma. If I hear anything new I will let you know. She had a pretty big setback...I know the numbers weren't high enough to hold it...

It sound to me like a combination of things. the vegan diet is a huge change and probably threw off her blood sugar big time and I'm assuming the introduction of major amounts of soy which can be a thyroid disruptor. She also took on a ton of high stress activities, like planning this summit, and then the stomach virus on top of it all.

I think when people feel healed they still need to be very careful for a few years afterward.

Well,

And she wasn't healed at all. She was still recovering.

But i do agree with that basic idea. Matt Samet is an example of that.

Does she have any clue on what caused the setback?

There is a tendency in the benzo community to try to find things to blame when things go downhill again but my guess is that the majority of the time these are just inevitable waves. Windows and waves are the nature of the beast.

I know her pretty well and FloridaGuy hit the nail on the head. It is just a bad wave. She was doing very well and I see no reason that she won't be back to that. She has seen a lot of healing in the last year....

I know her pretty well and FloridaGuy hit the nail on the head. It is just a bad wave. She was doing very well and I see no reason that she won't be back to that. She has seen a lot of healing in the last year....

Yup.....the flip side to the randomness of waves is the randomness of windows. You just never know when you will start to feel better. And given enough time the waves will decrease in frequency and intensity and the windows will increase. If your body is capable of feeling good once it is capable of doing even better the next time around.

Dr Leigh had a stomach virus and went on a Vegan.  There is a thread in the protracted section about someone who went back into withdrawal after 9 years after working hard and going on a vegan diet!  It is a huge physiological change!  Serious stress!

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=112683.0

We need to always remember to listen to our bodies and take good care of ourselves.

Wishing Jenn well as she fights to come back!  She has been through so much for so long.  I hope that soon she is feeling much more well again.

Blessings upon her!

Love,

Lily

Anyone hear anymore news?  I read her soul reminders and she just skipped two days.  It's concerning.  The wave started in June.  Anyone know anything further?

[6f...]

Hi everyone,

Sad to say my success story was short lived. I am 37 months off and in a wave from hell. :(

I think I did too much as I got more well. I stressed out my brain and my body.

I am now taking it super easy and not doing too much.

I cant tell you how upset and frustrated I am to be back in this crap. Its all back, about as bad at 12 months out. the mental and body stuff are present most of the time. I am using my old coping skills, but gotta confess that I am exhausted from fighting this battle for so many years.

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=104496.0

The number of people who said they could come was  three. The Mercy Center where it was to be held needed at least 10 people to book the roms.  I dont know where the poster got the idea that 600 people could come but 1000 was needed.

Big pharma isn't involved. Its a wave with intense, intense symptoms.

Too much too soon, before true healing took place.

The number of people who said they could come was  three. The Mercy Center where it was to be held needed at least 10 people to book the roms.  I dont know where the poster got the idea that 600 people could come but 1000 was needed.

Big pharma isn't involved. Its a wave with intense, intense symptoms.

Too much too soon, before true healing took place.

Thank you for coming back and sharing what is actually happening  :)

I sincerely hope this wave ends soon and it is the last for ever  :hug:

RFB, finally.

So you were dr. Jennifer!!!

When I was searching regarding wd in the beginning,  my heart got darkened because how long it seems to take. In the midst,  I found your website and  I've read through your journal. I was in tears a couple of times. I never cried while reading something in my life, but oh well...  I thought to myself, maybe this is a training ground for me and maybe I could take a year of it.  I know that might sounds weird saying that, but just letting you know that your journal gave me such courage.  Hope you feel better soon and heal like you never healed before!

I too hope you find complete healing very soon.  I miss your soul reminders and was concerned about how you're doing.  Keep us posted and let us know how to help support you.

Are you GardenerForHealth too?  Just wondering because I thought that was your story on here.  I was so hoping you were feeling better and want only the best for you.  Keep at it and don't lose hope.