Pills shavings and skin absorption... Wear gloves??

[dp...]

Does anybody wear latex gloves when shaving pills?

I have just started to do so, because I've realized just how much of the pill shavings I'm getting all over my fingers from a week's worth of shaving with a nail file. Knowing that our skin is the largest organ and absorbs what you put on it... (think chemicals for those with Chemical Sensitivity), do you think this could be a problem?

We're talking someone who's sensitive to 2% cuts... I think this may have been causing issues.

I thought benzos were absorbed in either the large or small intestines (can't remember for sure which one).

I wouldn't think you could be absorbing it through you skin, but hopefully others will come along and give their opinions or knowledge.

Does anybody wear latex gloves when shaving pills?

I have just started to do so, because I've realized just how much of the pill shavings I'm getting all over my fingers from a week's worth of shaving with a nail file. Knowing that our skin is the largest organ and absorbs what you put on it... (think chemicals for those with Chemical Sensitivity), do you think this could be a problem?

We're talking someone who's sensitive to 2% cuts... I think this may have been causing issues.

No, I'd never do this.  I don't think it's a concern, at least it isn't to me.  I'm currently using a nail file to sand my citalopram pills, the pieces are very small, and there's no way I could handle them with latex gloves on.  Anyway, I usually wash my hands afterwards....

Probably I got also addicted to clonazepam cutting the doses for my husband for over a year. I am wondering how a tapper will work for my case.

Note: For those that take all matters seriously .... THIS IS A JOKE.  :sick:

Probably I got also addicted to clonazepam cutting the doses for my husband for over a year. I am wondering how a tapper will work for my case.

:highfive:

You big silly.  :laugh:

You guys suck.  :laugh:

To increase the skin absorption , sometimes I roll naked in the powder left from making 8 doses out of 0.5 mg pill.

However it is frustrating because my cutting board is too small. I probably need a much bigger one.

:D

To increase the skin absorption , sometimes I roll naked in the powder left from making 8 doses out of 0.5 mg pill.

However it is frustrating because my cutting board is too small. I probably need a much bigger one.

You are hilarious.  :laugh:

I needed to laugh tonight. :)

I prefer to take all of the powder and put it in a glass of milk and drink it. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

You are hilarious.  :laugh:

I needed to laugh tonight. :)

I think wearing latex gloves is a good idea--who knows whether we can

absorb the stuff or not? If only to make us feel better, I'd recommend gloves

or keeping the hands clean right after dealing with filing or cutting.

Iggy

i think a face mask should be worn as well. because during the intricate shaving process the pill powder that doesn't cling to the fingers will permeate the air. during inhalation a vortex is created thus enabling the afore mentioned particles to travel directly through the nostrils, across the blood-brain-barrier where they can finally lodge themselves directly to the medidualla- oddualla-nelsen-mendellenumm part of the brain.

i think a face mask should be worn as well. because during the intricate shaving process the pill powder that doesn't cling to the fingers will permeate the air. during inhalation a vortex is created thus enabling the afore mentioned particles to travel directly through the nostrils, across the blood-brain-barrier where they can finally lodge themselves directly to the medidualla- oddualla-nelsen-mendellenumm part of the brain.

Damn, I just realised why the cat stays near me everytime when I am cutting the pills.

We are both part of the vortex now ... >:D

Damn, I just realised why the cat stays near me everytime when I am cutting the pills.

We are both part of the vortex now ... >:D

and if you wemain veh-wee veh-wee kwy-ette, you and your cat should hear the 'twilight zone' theme soft-wee in the backwound.......

Earthlings:

Lissen up: it's Manhattan Transfer's version of The Twilight Zone which I just watched

while wearing a hazmat suit, goggles, a respirator.

A tin foil hat is nicely depicted in the video:

Enjoy.

Iggy

Hey, no knocking the tinfoil hats.. they're coming back.

Ha ha yeah! New designer models, now with chin strap and ear muffs!