Need help with calculation

[dr...]

Hi Guys,

Now that I have FINALLY decided to switch from a periodic cut and hold taper to a daily taper, I can not calculate my starting dose. Sounds absurd, but it's true. I am currently at one tick mark less of 2ml on a 6ml syringe, using a compounded suspension of Librium. I take my dose directly from the bottle, "pull and toss". I will be using two 1ml syringes for the daily taper but I need to know what dose I am currently at on the 6ml syringe.

All the great minds that have given me advice and great support, please figure this one out. Thanks a bunch!

Hi Guys,

Now that I have FINALLY decided to switch from a periodic cut and hold taper to a daily taper, I can not calculate my starting dose. Sounds absurd, but it's true. I am currently at one tick mark less of 2ml on a 6ml syringe, using a compounded suspension of Librium. I take my dose directly from the bottle, "pull and toss". I will be using two 1ml syringes for the daily taper but I need to know what dose I am currently at on the 6ml syringe.

All the great minds that have given me advice and great support, please figure this one out. Thanks a bunch!

How many divisions are there for each number?  If there are 5 marks for each number, then you are at 1.8.  If there are 10 marks per number, you are at 1.9.

There are five tick marks between each ml. Okay so I am at 1.8 then. Great! Thank you so much...I will be using (2) 1ml syringes in the following manner. One syringe will equal 1ml and the other 1ml syringe should equal .8, is this correct? Also, I assumed I was at 1.75, but now at 1.8 as you stated, as it was suggested to me to cut my daily taper by .025 using the 1.75. Is .025 still an okay amount to cut. My suspension ratio is 5ml/5mg. 

Thanks for such a quick response..

dragonfly1

I need to clarify that. There are 4 tick marks on the syringe with five divisions. So do I assume I am at .08? Thanks for your much needed help.

I need to clarify that. There are 4 tick marks on the syringe with five divisions. So do I assume I am at .08? Thanks for your much needed help.

If there are 5 divisions, then you are at 1.8.  If you count the mark at the number, there are actually 5 marks for each number.