Mix a.m & p.m. dose?

[f4...]

[f4...]

I'm on 1mg of klonopin twice per day.  I'm switching over to milk titration.  Would I mix both doses of the klonopin and split into twice daily dosages?

If so, I plan to pull off what I won't be taking then split the dosages (to twice daily).  I plan to cut 5%-10% every 14 days, depending on how I feel.  Instead of pulling of .5ml all at once, and waiting 14 days to drop again, how much would I pull if I wanted to taper daily?  I'm figuring .7?  then 1.4 the next 14 days, and so on?  Or is there an even increment I can pull to keep it from being so confusing?  :idiot:

Thanks!  :smitten:

[af...]

I think that your math looks fine.  If you hate 0.7 ml daily increments, you can choose something else.  0.5 makes nice round numbers.  It's a slower taper.  Or you could try removing 1.0 mls per day.  That's also way easy numbers, and a somewhat faster taper.

Or you could dissolve your pill into 70 mls of milk (instead of 100) and remove 0.5 mls.  That's very close to removing 0.7 mls from 100 mls, and makes nice round numbers.

[f4...]

I think I've decided to go with the cut and hold method for now, .5.

I'm glad you understood, badsocref.  I feel like I'm making this complicated.  ::)

Thanks!

[f4...]

I've been reading a lot and am still deciding on whether to do the cut and hold method or the daily cuts. 

If I mix my morning and evening dose (2mg) in 100ml of milk (and split into 2 daily doses), would I still be cutting .5 daily (for the cut and hold taper) or 1ml daily for the daily taper?

Also, with either method, what I'm cutting would be doubled every 10-14 days, correct?

Thanks!

[f4...]

I think I figured it out.  I would have to double the amount of milk (for 2mg of klonopin) to 200ml and then do the .5 cut every 10-14 days or the 1ml cut daily, is that right?

Then double the .5 cut every 10-14 days or double the 1ml cut every 10-14 days, depending on which taper I use (cut and hold or daily).

Is that right?

[af...]

If you dissolve 2 mg of klonopin in 200 mls of liquid, then drink 199.5 mls, you'll be taking 1.995 mg.  That's a 0.25% cut.

If you dose twice a day, and do that above each time, you'd take a total of 3.99 mg.  That's a 0.25% cut from 4 mg.

[f4...]

I'm only on 2mg per day...I'm not understanding.  I want to mix my entire dose for the day and split it in 2.  Does every 1mg of klonopin need 100ml of milk for the 5ml (5%) reduction?  Therefore, the 2mg (my daily dose) will need 200ml of milk and take it twice per day after taking out my cut for the day.

I only plan to do 5-10% cuts every 10-14 days.  Thanks!

[af...]
Sorry, I didn't understand.  How much do you want to reduce your dose?  You can either tell me how many milligrams you want to use per day or tell me what percent cut (e.g. 5%) that you want to make.  Also, are you still thinking of doing daily cuts?  Or doing cuts in bi-weekly jumps?

[f4...]
Hi badso, I figured it out.  I want to cut 5% every 10-14 days so I figured I'll have to double the milk (200ml instead of 100) to mix 2mg (my daily dose is 1mg twice per day) and that will give me the right concentration to cut the 5%.  I'll still dose twice per day, just split the milk in half.  Thank you for your help!