any ct success stories

[Do...]

[df...]

Hi Dobbiemom!  I c/t'd from 2 mg Ativan in January.  It was pretty unpleasant for the first month, then slowly improving.  I was able to work throughout, and felt 70-ish percent by the end of three months (80-ish percent now at around six months).  c/t isn't the preferred path in this group, but it's certainly possible.  Personally, I'm glad that I did it that way.  I don't sleep as well as I'd like to, and still have some hearing issues.  Other than that, I'm doing pretty well.

I hope you can get through the worst of it quickly.  Do what you can to stay active and eat healthy (stay away from alcohol for a while).  Good luck!

Yeah, I'm nearly recovered. Haven't written a success story yet, but I will. I wasn't on a high dose and also wasn't on very long, but my acute period was pretty horrible after c/t'ing. No one can tell how long recovery will be, especially when you c/t. You will get better though. The first month or two will typically be the worst.

Good luck!

Yeah, I had to keep reading them a lot too. They certainly give us the hope we need so much. I know they did for me. I felt like I'd never get better, or that it would take years. I know I got luckier than some, and I'm grateful for that. Hang in there, you'll make it one way or another.  :)

• 2 weeks later...
I did a cold turkey myself just about 8 months ago. My first month was absolutely horrific. However, each month I started to get better and better....symptoms became more manageable and life started to get better.  I even stared to enjoy life again. Had someone told me in my early withdrawal that I would get better I never would have believed it. You will get better as well.

I cold turkey'd as well, and I am almost entirely healed now.  It took some time, but it goes away.  Also, remember that the way you feel in the early months will not be the way you feel for the entire duration of the withdrawal.  I am not going to sugar coat it, it will be a struggle.  Stay strong and you will reap gifts at the end.  That I can promise.

Rapid inpatient taper worked for me after a year of failed home slow tapers. Not healed yet, but living ok. And thankful to be off those pills. Hang tough. It does suck.