Mouth full of saliva?

[Bu...]

Hi Buddy! Just saw this post. I had this for a long, long time. And thick, ropey sputum to boot. Gross!!!!! It slowly got better. The exess saliva sometimes returns even now but now I know what its from....withdrawal. It will go away.

The GI system has a LOT of gaba receptors. GI problems are super common in benzo withdrawal, from mouth to....you know where.

east

Buddy42 ... I say it is all withdrawal ... Eastcoast62 describes it well ... it passes in time ... as do the twitches ... they say these drugs act as muscle relaxants and being off the drugs may mean our nerves and muscles are learning to work "on their own" ... and sometimes it can feel like things are just firing off ... all is good ... this is recovery ...

Take Care.

I've had the congestion and yucky throat feeling since jumping.  Is there not one part of my body this crap won't affect? 

I've had the congestion and yucky throat feeling since jumping.  Is there not one part of my body this crap won't affect?

No, there isnt...we have nerves and gaba receptors through our whole body. It def sucks big time.

I have the congested nose too! I hate these drugs....

Ya i cant breath at night at all through my nose, my dry mouth is terrible every morning from the drugs and mouth breathing.

Groove-- I'm right there with ya. I can not get any air through my nose at all, it's ridiculous. I also have a hard time swallowing because I have this thick mucous in my throat. You would think I have a cold or something, but its just these stupid benzos......

I saw an ENT doctor who I trust a lot today and after examining my throat said things were pretty clear.  And he didn't short-change me.  He got in there and didn't see anything.

Before benzos I was a complete nose breather.  It's a daily struggle to try and not hyperventilate, but acute withdrawal is a bear to overcome.