titration help

[po...]

I take 2 mgs of klonopin 4 times a day and I would like to start titrating but need help on how to do this evenly with 4 doses. Can someone give me some guidance???

Hi,  2mg K four times a day, so 8mg daily dose?

Do you need to dose 4X per day?

There are various ways to make K into a liquid, but perhaps the easiest is to use whole milk.

I do 4 x's a day because it is easier to divide 8 mgs that way. I plan on starting a milk titration and have all my equipment;  however;  I'm a little confused as to how to titrate four doses. Should I deduct .5 ml for my morning dose for a week and then do I deduct .5 ml for my noon dose fir a week and so on?  Nervous and a littlw overwhelmed with all of this

Great.  What equipment do you have?  Are you using whole homogenized milk?

We need to know the concentration of K in the milk.  So how much K into how much milk?  This will tell us how many mg K are contained in each ml of milk.

What I would do is make one dose for the day, remove the cut, then split it into four.

Don't worry.  It get easier quickly. :)

I have my 100 ml cylinder and pill crusher. I will be using whole milk.  I plan on starting with my morning dose and cutting 1 mg in milk and taking the remaining 1 mg pill. Then I will remove .5 mgs. From milk.  Does this make sense?  I will do this for a week and then 2ndvweek I will deduct .5 ml from morning & .5 ml from noon dose.

So 1mg in 100ml?  That is a .01mg/ml concentration.  This means each ml of milk contains .01mg K.

A couple of things.  When you switch from pill to liquid dosing it is a good idea to take some time to let your body adjust to this change even though you are on the same dose.  Seems like there is no reason yet people find often that it is needed.

Since your concentration is .01mg/ml, .5ml will contain .005mg K.  At your dose you may be able to remove more than usual compared to someone on a lower dose like 1 or 2mg.  But I am not sure as not many people are on your dose.  I was on 4mg K and I know I was able to move quickly until I got below 2mg.

Thats why I get nervous being on 8 mgs. I have read of people titrating from 2 or 3 mgs but have yet to find anyone on a high dose such as mine.  This scares me because when I complain to my psychiatrist she just tells me to up my dose.  Frustrating!

Actually, I think being on 8mg will work in your favor as I think you will be able to move down quickly.

Hopefully a moderator or someone who has more experience with this than me can verify this, but it seems to me just from my own experience and what I have noticed over the years is that this may be the case.

Also, there may also be a safety issue to be honest.  8mg K is quite high.  Even my 4mg dose was high so you may be in a range where it needs to be lowered.  I don't mean to scare you and I don't know for sure that it is too high, but I know it is very high.

Same with me.  Kept getting bumped up higher and higher.  It wasn't til researched that I found out how high my dose was.