Getting scared....don't know if I can do this

[b0...]

[b0...]

I cut another .125 this past Wednesday and felt pretty good until today.  I'm having so much anxiety, feel like I'm going to start shaking (or jerking?) but I don't.  It could be because I had a really hard time cutting the .25mg in half this morning and I don't know if I actually got the .125.  Either way, I've decided I'm going to call my old Dr. tomorrow and make an appt.  He is willing to leave me on them from now on.  My new Dr. wants to do an 8 week taper off of 2mg (been on them 15 years) in a 2 month time frame!  There's no way in hades that's going to happen!! 

I'll go back to my old Dr. and do this MY way.  I was trying to get a jump start on my new Dr. but I need more than the 6 months that I'll have....he wants to start the taper in October when I see him again. 

I need to slow way down on my taper.  I think I'm going to go back to 1.75 until I get a cylinder and some syringes.  If it takes me a year or more to get off of this poison, then so be it! 

I'm going to order a 100ml cylinder, is that right?  What size syringes do I need?

Thanks for listening.  I'm in tears.  :'(

You need a 100ML graduated cylinder and 50 or 60ML syringes for the liquid titration I believe. The info is easy to find if you read a bit.

I recently cut .25 (25%) from my dosage, going from .5MG  morning and .5MG before bed, to .5 nights and .25 for the morning.

That did not work for me. Major anxiety and panic. Updosed to .5/.5 to stablize.

15 years for me on this chemical wonder..

I'm beginning a slow taper myself, using a scale.

I am planning on doing the 5% for 20 cuts or 40 weeks. If I can do it. This 1st cut I was a bit aggressive with the razor blade and cut .110G size pills to .103, or ~ minus .007G or 6%.

I think I will find out tomorrow what a 1st taper feels, like since I started on Friday evening.

Good luck and I hope you can reason with either doctor and get them to agree to taper at a rate you are comfortable with.

RW

[b0...]

Thanks, robwobbly...I've been reading and read 20ml syringes in one place and another size in another place I think?  I'm not too sure which to get at this point.  I'm not very good at the math with all of this either.  I think if I could think straight I'd do a lot better. 

I'm afraid to even tell my old Dr. what I'm doing, I'm afraid he'll want to do it his way. 

Good luck to you, too.  :smitten:

Hello FelineLady,

Yes you are correct, cutting from .25 to .125 is way too fast, that would have wrecked me!  Slow it way down, this is already hard enough ;).

Ringo

Hi FelineLady (love the name btw :))

I'm not taking K (I'm taking valium), but if it's any help to you at all the methods I have used for my taper are in the two links in my signature below. I found it easiest to not bother about a 100ml cylinder and just use a 1ml and 10ml syringe, but you use what works for you. No method is better than another. It's just what is best for you.

Hang in there. You've got the right mind set. Time and patience will get you to the finish line.

You need a 100ML graduated cylinder and 50 or 60ML syringes for the liquid titration I believe. The info is easy to find if you read a bit.

I recently cut .25 (25%) from my dosage, going from .5MG  morning and .5MG before bed, to .5 nights and .25 for the morning.

That did not work for me. Major anxiety and panic. Updosed to .5/.5 to stablize.

15 years for me on this chemical wonder..

I'm beginning a slow taper myself, using a scale.

I am planning on doing the 5% for 20 cuts or 40 weeks. If I can do it. This 1st cut I was a bit aggressive with the razor blade and cut .110G size pills to .103, or ~ minus .007G or 6%.

I think I will find out tomorrow what a 1st taper feels, like since I started on Friday evening.

Good luck and I hope you can reason with either doctor and get them to agree to taper at a rate you are comfortable with.

RW

RW:

Your taper makes perfect sense to me. Bets

Thanks for the encouragement Benzogirl!

Ive got a hard copy of the Ashton Manual, and in it, she recommends against taper, as I am, off of the special K using incremental cuts.

Of course the (her) "preferred" method is the diazepam X-over but I've not even broached that subject with my doctor, thinking he might think that well, "so, you're so freaked out about getting off of this drug lets forget the K taper and detox you instead".

Well, I am not going to take that chance, yet, and the idea of replacing one Z with another does not makes sense to me.

I wonder if Ashton and others now accept a slow taper using small dry cuts or liquid titration of K as a good protocol.

RW

[b0...]

Ringo, it has about wrecked me today!  I had no withdrawal when I made my first cut of .25, I was hoping I could breeze my way through this. 

rob, I like the idea of 5% cuts.  I hope I can get the math right on this.

Diaz (love your name, too  :) )  I like the idea of using syringes and jars. 

With klonopin should I cut 2.5%  twice per day or just do the 5% once per day?  Do you know how much I would draw off to cut it 5%?  Sorry to sound so stupid, but this math is killing me.  lol  I'm on 1.75mg per day now (going back up on the dose some to start over). 

I think I'm making this too complicated.  I understand what you did with the Valium but not sure about how to dose the K.  Thanks! 

[b0...]

I think I figured it out, if someone could look at this I would really appreciate it.  :)

If I dissolve 1mg of klon in 100ml of milk, each ml would contain .01mg.  If I cut 5%, I would take off 5ml per day, is that correct?  Then 5% more would be taking off 10ml, and so on.  Is that correct? 

Sorry to be such a pain!  ::)

Thanks! 

You don't want to do 5% per day, you want to do 5% every 2 weeks or so, whatever is comfortable.

You wont be comfortable doing 5% per day! I'm doing 5-7% per every 2 weeks. 30-40 weeks.

If that's what you meant/intend to do.

Cut and hold, cut and hold.

RW

[b0...]

Hi rob, yes, that's what I meant....5% per week and slow it down if I need to.  :) 

If I do it daily, at .7 per day, would that also work?  Then the next cut at 1.4 and so on?

I have an appt. with my old Dr. next week, I'm so relieved!  :thumbsup:

The daily cuts would certainly be another option for you to consider. Some people find it easier to manage daily cuts, but you do need to be more attuned to slight changes in symptoms though because they can sneak up on you more than with a cut and hold taper.