please help me again today!

[Be...]

Another insane day......i can hardly do this anymore. Oh please give me my life back......

There is never anymone there on the helpline.

sorry Germangirl, they are there from about 6pm-10pm our time. i always called about

6.30pm, sometimes you have to try and try when the line is engaged .

you can do this, i have done it and so many others have, please endure it will end. :smitten:

Ich habe so angst...ich kann das nicht mehr. Es nimmt kein ende. I dont know what to do anymore......i am going crazy.....

Danke morreweg i will try then

I don't speak German, though my mother did. But what you're going through isn't unusual at 6 months. I was very bad off until 10 months. I may be an extreme case, I don't know. But I do know you can get through this.

What are you doing to distract yourself? To ease anxiety and fear?

east

I was only on it for 10 weeks. I do lots of things. They dont distract me though. Cook, bake, garden, walk, cycle, shop, drive my car, online shop, clean.....and i want to die every minute doing it. Thanks all for the support.

So, my daughter spoke to some helpline today and is very devasted. The lady told her that after 2 years most people start "feeling better". She put it on loudspeaker and my opinion was, that lady was not interested in what my daughter wanted to tell her.

Benzomama

So, my daughter spoke to some helpline today and is very devasted. The lady told her that after 2 years most people start "feeling better". She put it on loudspeaker and my opinion was, that lady was not interested in what my daughter wanted to tell her.

Benzomama

If it was the helpline i suggested , then i'm quite surprised.  ???

Yes, she says, it was this helpline. But that's not your fault. The lady was just very desinterested and not sensitive at all.

Benzomama

The Helpline workers war right - most people do feel better after two years. Heck, most people feel better after two WEEKS !!! But - she should have spoken in a compassionate way, not in a dismissive manner. I worked on the very first "Hotline" in the US. Its not an easy job, and some people just don't have the right personality for it. Sorry you ran into one of those!

Okay, you are doing things to distract yourself, but you say they don't distract you. I think they do! You're keeping your hands busy, and at least part of your mind is engaged in something other than how awful you feel. Don't give up...keep distracting. In the long haul, its always better to distract.

east

This is for German girl.

I don't know if this helps you feel less alone. I hope it does. I want you to know that acute can last a while, it's not always quick. I have been in acute for almost 5 months and it's round the clock for me too, no relief.

In my case I was on various meds so it's hard to know what did what. I highly suspect the ativan now. I was taking it as needed between Christmas and April for the akathisia caused by my ssris. My acute hit the day after taking my last zoloft but I'd been getting withdrawal before that and I think the ativan had a lot to do with it. I took an ativan about a month ago and it barely worked. I'd hit tolerance. I kept falling over. When it wore off, my withdrawal was worse than ever and I was hit so hard. This made me extremely suspicious of the ativan. I've probably set myself back by doing that, never again.

At nearly 5 months of acute, I'm like you. I'm mostly bed bound. I sometimes force myself to go out but it's a nightmare when I do. My symptoms are very severe. People do come back from this. Acute tends to last quite a long time for people who take ssris too. I hope this hasn't depressed you. My intention is to help. I know how it can feel to think everyone is healing quicker especially when you weren't on anything very long. I wasn't on meds long either. I'm just wondering, were you on anything before you took the ativan? Any antidepressants or anything?

I also wanted to say that there must be so many success stories that don't go on the internet. I know two people who don't post who are getting much better. One was poly drugged for years and came off antidepressants last march. She is now feeling a lot better. She was bedbound and in a total mess for months. I know another who suffered greatly in withdrawal and is now getting some very clear windows. She never thought that would happen. One thing I'm trying is writing a success story in my head. I imagine my success story on here. It can help. If you keep doing that over and over it can become a reality.

I am so sorry you are suffering like this. I feel your pain. Keep walking. You will get there.