How long should I aim for? THANK YOU!

[CM...]

I am now ready to come off the last 1mg of klonopin. I was on about 2mg for 9 years - started my taper in december - long story short I went too fast in the beginning and held at 1mg now for a few months and Im ready to finish the last mg...

If I use 100ml of milk and pull .5 ml every day (200 day taper) - is that ok? Slow, fast, good?

Hi, While everyone is different I could never handle that speed. why rush it. I am sure someone will

respond with great wisdom, but 200 days sounds very fast to me.

I am now ready to come off the last 1mg of klonopin. I was on about 2mg for 9 years - started my taper in december - long story short I went too fast in the beginning and held at 1mg now for a few months and Im ready to finish the last mg...

If I use 100ml of milk and pull .5 ml every day (200 day taper) - is that ok? Slow, fast, good?

1mg K into 100ml whole milk is a .01mg/ml concentration.  So a .5ml cut is .005mg.  I'd say that while it is possible that you could handle that cut at your dose, I'd urge you NOT to begin there.  It is on the far upper end of what I have seen people able to handle as a daily cut.  Instead why not begin at .001mg per day (.1ml), see how it goes for a few weeks.  Then consider moving higher to perhaps .0015mg.  Keeps stepping up and searching this way until you find a cut that brings on s symptom increase, then back off that cut.

Ok. I have one last question..

Can I put 1mg k in 100ml and pull 1ml every 3 days?

That would be 10% month (300 days)

Is that just as smooth as using 300ml and pulling 1ml every day?

I'm just curious as to how those two methods would be if one would be smoother than the other ?

All other things being the same IMO you will be better off cutting smaller and more frequently than larger and less frequently.  When done more frequently the drug remains in your body to cover symptoms until your body is ready to deal with the shortage.  Both may work well enough, but IMO the more frequent cut is an improvement.

The rate you suggested (.0033mg/day) may be achievable at your dose, but it is still high IMO and I would not recommend beginning looking there.  I'd look lower and work up the ladder methodically until you found a rate that was too high.  Then back off.  For K, most everyone fall in a range between .001mg - .005mg per day.  My advice is to search this range from the bottom up.