Has anyone on this forum been rxd benzos for real anxiety? Help with tapper plan

[Mo...]

Most of the stories or signatures Ive  :'(read on here people were rxd benzos for sleep, or temp anxiety. What about someone who actually has severe anxiety and depression? Im at 94 lib now had to have compound capsules made. But I do have severe Gad and MDD. When I try cutting by 5 mgs I go into jerking seizure like states have become non functional lost a ton of weight 90 lbs. have 2 young girls agoraphobia etc. Im allergic to all the other benzos and feel like this one is literally killing me.  Im dammed if I do dammed if I don't. Allergic to practically everything since being on Librium. I want off this stuff to get my old life back but at this rate of tappering not sure if thats possible.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Ty Mo2  really no advice from anyone? Really need support here guys. Please.

I was diagnosed with an anxiety order and Major Depressive Disorder when I was 16. That was 8 years ago and I'm still kicking, and now I've got this benzo dependency I'm trying to deal with. It can be rough. The only advice I can give you is to try and take it slow and keep your eyes on God. I'm not trying to be a bible thumper, but I know that in my own life, hes answered a great many of prayer. Also bear in mind that once this is all over, you can look back on your trials and be stronger for it. Trust me, this will end, it's only temporary. Is a doctor helping with your taper or are you winging it?

Doctor is "helping" me with it. 3rd doc im on now this one is a chemical dependency psychiatrist! Wish it was going better! :tickedoff:

Mommyof2, I'm sorry you're feeling this way. I can't offer much in the way of a success story right now, as I'm in the thick of trying to figure things out myself, but I do have existing high anxiety and a predisposition for depression, so I can certainly empathize. I wish you the best.  :smitten:

Yes Mom we have posted together about our similar pre existing anxiety (GAD) and MDD. I think its why we are really struggling.

Why in the hell a doc would give someone like us a benzo is just beyond me. Sorry i dont have anything really supportive to give you...but i do think when we get off, our depression will improve. When our CNS heals, the anxiety will go back down to our previous level....Hang in there and keep tapering. I know its exhausting.

I was diagnosed with an anxiety order and Major Depressive Disorder when I was 16. That was 8 years ago and I'm still kicking, and now I've got this benzo dependency I'm trying to deal with. It can be rough. The only advice I can give you is to try and take it slow and keep your eyes on God. I'm not trying to be a bible thumper, but I know that in my own life, hes answered a great many of prayer. Also bear in mind that once this is all over, you can look back on your trials and be stronger for it. Trust me, this will end, it's only temporary. Is a doctor helping with your taper or are you winging it?

Chemical dependency psychiatrist is "helping" me. Went through two reg psychiatrists then switched to this one. Feel like no matter who I seek for help things just keep getting worse. Good old hmo :( mo2

Yes Mom we have posted together about our similar pre existing anxiety (GAD) and MDD. I think its why we are really struggling.

Why in the hell a doc would give someone like us a benzo is just beyond me. Sorry i dont have anything really supportive to give you...but i do think when we get off, our depression will improve. When our CNS heals, the anxiety will go back down to our previous level....Hang in there and keep tapering. I know its exhausting.

id like to keep tapering but my doc is on vacation and keeping me at a snails pace he wants to drop me 1 mg librium over a month! Thats goimg to take me 94 months. Anyone else think this is crazy? Groove has your depression gotten better? Mo2

Hi Mommy...i wish i could say yes, but i cant. Its the same it always is. I dont think it will improve until jumped and some time passes. How much time...who knows. Even it it just lifted to the point where i can not be lethargic, id be so much happier.

Hang in there.

Hi Mommy,

Yes, I can fully understand what a nightmare this is for you. It sounds like we are in the same leaky boat. I am on Librium as well due to horrible side effects from Valium. The Librium is no better than the Valium, for me. I have experienced EXTREME anxiety throughout my entire taper, and it still continues on, unfortunately. I have sat on the floor nights and days on end, jerking as you described from the effects of these drugs.

Yes, I was diagnosed with GAD several years ago while on Klonopin. However, I went into tolerance withdrawal while still on the Klonopin and had no alternative but to get off of it. It was like a poison to me once it stopped working. All benzo's are poison to me, and for you as well, I am sorry. It was never good for me even after a small 5% cut. I never stabilized after any of my cuts. For some of us, benzo's are our poison, we just have to pick a poison and go with it, unfortunately.

I decided that I will cut, suffer and recover to rid myself of this drug, but I had to continue with my taper. I am now on the last leg of my taper, and titrating after 19 months of sheer hell, and that's an understatement as you well know. I would like to hope that the same holds true for you, that ultimately you decide to continue with your taper, knowing that you will come out of this a whole person again.

Please remember, that the anxiety you are experiencing now is a chemically induced anxiety. Our anxiety pales in comparison to what a benzo is doing to us. For that reason alone, I would want to see you rid these drugs for good.

Perhaps holding for however long you need in between your cuts, may make a world of difference. If you count the months until you are off, you are sabotaging your taper. I know you want off as quickly as possible, because you are struggling. But think of it this way, if you accept that this is going to take maybe two or three years out of your life to be benzo free, isn't it worth he struggle? I can only share my story with you with the hope that you continue to rid this drug from your body. It already took years from you, don't let it take anymore.

Keep your eye on the prize, and if you do have a faith, now would be a good time to exercise your belief. And if you don't, than believe in yourself. I think you can do this, I think we all think you can do this, but ultimately you have to decide what is best for you and your two baby girls.

Wishing you the best of luck,

dragonfly1

Hi Mommy,

Yes, I can fully understand what a nightmare this is for you. It sounds like we are in the same leaky boat. I am on Librium as well due to horrible side effects from Valium. The Librium is no better than the Valium, for me. I have experienced EXTREME anxiety throughout my entire taper, and it still continues on, unfortunately. I have sat on the floor nights and days on end, jerking as you described from the effects of these drugs.

Yes, I was diagnosed with GAD several years ago while on Klonopin. However, I went into tolerance withdrawal while still on the Klonopin and had no alternative but to get off of it. It was like a poison to me once it stopped working. All benzo's are poison to me, and for you as well, I am sorry. It was never good for me even after a small 5% cut. I never stabilized after any of my cuts. For some of us, benzo's are our poison, we just have to pick a poison and go with it, unfortunately.

I decided that I will cut, suffer and recover to rid myself of this drug, but I had to continue with my taper. I am now on the last leg of my taper, and titrating after 19 months of sheer hell, and that's an understatement as you well know. I would like to hope that the same holds true for you, that ultimately you decide to continue with your taper, knowing that you will come out of this a whole person again.

Please remember, that the anxiety you are experiencing now is a chemically induced anxiety. Our anxiety pales in comparison to what a benzo is doing to us. For that reason alone, I would want to see you rid these drugs for good.

Perhaps holding for however long you need in between your cuts, may make a world of difference. If you count the months until you are off, you are sabotaging your taper. I know you want off as quickly as possible, because you are struggling. But think of it this way, if you accept that this is going to take maybe two or three years out of your life to be benzo free, isn't it worth he struggle? I can only share my story with you with the hope that you continue to rid this drug from your body. It already took years from you, don't let it take anymore.

Keep your eye on the prize, and if you do have a faith, now would be a good time to exercise your belief. And if you don't, than believe in yourself. I think you can do this, I think we all think you can do this, but ultimately you have to decide what is best for you and your two baby girls.

Wishing you the best of luck,

dragonfly1

I dont see librium tapper in your signature what dose did you start? Where are you now? Is there anything that helps you? Are you functioning? From the US? I can rarely find anyone on librium. Have you been previously diagnosed with depression as well? Would love to chat with you. Mo2

Hi Mo2,

My apologies for my incomplete signature. It is only until recently that I have the ability to organize my taper log. Prior to now, I had to remove myself from any situation that required me to use my poor tortured brain. I am in the process of updating my home log to post to the site. These drugs certainly have a way of reminding us that they are in control. I am here when I can be, and with that I want to say to you, I will do my very best to answer any questions that will enable you to stay the course and help you get through this process.

I would be more than happy to share my story with you, so please, feel free to PM me. Yes, I do work, in fact I have an early start tomorrow morning, and I truly need to get some rest. Please understand that late nights such as this one, wipe me out. So, it's off to dreaming with the angles for me. Hopefully we can continue tomorrow.

Hope you have a good night...sweet dreams & hang in there.