WORLD'S FIRST REVERSE BENZO DRUG - C/T feels like a Benzo

[Bi...]

THE ANTI-BENZO -  Modafinil

World's first glutamate stimulant pill.  Could it help end PAWS in tough cases?

Imagine quitting a pill cold-turkey and the withdrawal feels like you just took a benzo?

Yeah the withdrawal feels like a tranquilizer lol

This is a weird drug, it's opposite of a benzo. It activates glutamate in the brain and suppresses gaba.  YES IT GIVE'S PEOPLE A MILD FORM OF BENZO WITHDRAWAL!

That's not the exciting part ;) Indications are it can possibly build up gaba receptors.

Read on.

The side effects list reads like benzo withdrawal.  All your senses are heightened, more color, more sound sensitive, even more tinnitus with ears ringing, vivid visions, warm skin sensations and on and on as it over actives the glutamate system just like benzo withdrawal does. You get more of everything more more more. Your senses are heightened until they hurt, sound familiar?  This drug is benzo withdrawal in pill form. It's the world's first chemically opposite drug to a benzo.  One of the things Modafinil is suspected of doing is binding gaba receptors thus tightening them so even LESS chloride ions breach the receptor channel HAHA! LOL!!!!!!!

Benzo's binds and torque's the gaba receptor 27 degrees CW opening the channel allowing chloride ions to flow and you get sedation.

Modafinil binds and torque's the gaba receptor's the opposite way holding them closed to chloride ion flow researchers are hypothesizing right now.

Now what's interesting is withdrawal reads like taking a benzo!!!  Sedation, sleepy, a sense of calm and well being, lethargy, etc.

IMAGINE A PILL THAT GIVE'S YOU WEEKS OF WITHDRAWAL THAT FEEL'S LIKE TAKING A BENZO FOR  THE FIRST TIME?  REVERSE - OPPOSITE

But could it be used to help us?  Read on, you decide.

ref http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modafinil

Modafinil's substantial, but incomplete, independence from both monoaminergic systems and those of the orexin peptides has proven difficult to explain, in contrast to the better-understood mechanisms of stimulants such as cocaine or substituted amphetamines. Alternative mechanisms of action that have been proposed include the activation of glutamatergic circuits while inhibiting GABAergic neurotransmission.[21][116] Enhanced electrotonic coupling by enhancing the effectiveness of direct gap junctions between neurons has also been suggested by several studies.

VIDEO http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAKS0aVhGto

NOW the weird thing is that WITHDRAWING from this drug gives people benzo like calmness and tranquilizes them ??? ??? ???  Including LESS tinnitus and less sensitively to sound (LESS hyperacusis) less everything dulling the senses like taking a benzo does.  This effect probably comes from brain changes involving too much gaba at play. 

Data is hard to find but it's easy to see what this drug does, some clever pharmaceutical chemist made a REVERSE BENZO!

SO withdrawal is like taking benzo's  THIS IS SO WEIRD!!  This is the first drug to work on the REVERSE principle of a benzo!

Could it be used to HELP Benzo PAWS by flipping brain chemistry over to the other side to the glutamate heavy side for a short while?  Can it build gabaA receptors up to the old high levels or higher? Some people say gabaA never fully recovers, so is this the key for benzo paws?  4 more months of hell to withdraw in bliss and heal?

After all withdrawal from this drug has tranquilizing symptoms like taking a benzo for the first time!!  HMMMM?

How many people here on this forum call pharmaceutical companies weekly and talk to them about getting help for benzo withdrawal sufferers?  Any one ever called pharmaceutical companies begging for help?  I have. I have called hundreds and talked to executives and researchers.  I will not name drop as it may cause unintended consequences.  Sometimes they call me back and this is the drug they are excited about. One chemist called it an ANTI-BENZO, does the OPPOSITE to the brain. Is it the GOLDEN GRAIL of Benzo healing and the end to paws?

(keep in mind this drug is sold in a very weak and mild form. Giving people the sensation of full blow benzo withdrawal would not be so popular I'm guessing while withdrawal would be a breeze, if you could stay awake long enough to enjoy it  :laugh:)

More Discussion needed.  More research needed.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Bi...]

• [Lo...]

• [Wi...]

• [ih...]

As an observer, I'd love to hear more about this.  The way I'm looking at this, well,  darned if the pharmaceutical industry is going to let their reputation be trashed forever for inventing these addictive benzo drugs without offering a solution.  This would be a good thing, a comfortable way out of benzos, wouldn't it? 

I am done with benzos now, but honesty, in retrospect a drug like this would have been useful -- if it works, that is.

Wow

Imagine if it worked for us and it helped benzo withdrawal become a thing of the past! but the question is will it reverse benzo damage by GABA upload alone..

Even if it flooded our brains with GABA and does down regulate Glutamine would our brains still heal underneath from the damage benzos have already caused?

I mean once the withdrawal us over from this new drug will there still be benzo damage underneath ??

God wouldn't an end to this misery in the form of a reverse pill be heaven sent right now!!!

Ive just started my 20th month of this protracted hell and would give anything for it to end right now even if that meant taking another pill to reverse stop it...

Woofs

Is this different than Flumazenil, a GABAA receptor antagonist? Does a GabaA antagonist behave differently than a Glutamate Agonist?

Just watched the you tube video  you posted birdman relating to this drug. It seems  the people taking the drug are touting it as a miracle cognitive enhancer. Funny, when Valium came out it was declared to be a new miracle drug. Years later we now have a clear understanding of its side effects and how difficult it is for some to get off of.

I, for one, do not wish to be a big Pharma guinea pig. I have had my share of woes getting off the K. After this hell like experience , I won't be putting anymore brain altering drugs into my body. Ill let neuroplasticity and time heal my brain.

Like Valium , when it was introduced, we don't know the long term effects on the brain from sustained use of this drug. No thanks.

Certainly interesting.

Has anybody on BB taken this drug?

Bart

Hi bart, I do not think anybody on BB has ever heard of it.  In fact I did not even stumble on it in 18 months of searching for gabaergic drugs and I thought I turned over every stone.  A drug researcher called me and told me about it.  I have made a few friends in the pharma industries now.  You would have to understand me better to know me but if I have a problem I am a "grab the bull by the horns" kind of person :laugh:

If Leo was alive I'd be trying to call him, trust me :)

I talked to a lot of researchers and told them the scoop about my experience and I've asked for help, I am not a shy person, you know that :laugh:

In the back of my mind I knew it was just a matter of time before someone made a reverse benzo to give people energy and heighten their senses but I never knew it was already on the market! 

The rule of homeostasis is firmly rooted in the truth that altering brain chemistry leads to new adaptions and even new gene expression.

This could be a God send to someone with paws as the brain changes from this drug could push the brain into a gaba heavy state thus eliminating any lingering s/x.

People withdrawing from this drug sleep for days and are sedated for a long time after. From my benzo experience people are not going to complain about that kind of withdrawal because they will be sleeping and the narcolepsy will come back with a vengeance  :laugh:

This drug could never replace a taper. It's not a quick fix BUT for people that have long lasting s/x for years after jumping could maybe find some help.  I was thinking of my tinnitus, I do not want to have this for 3 more years or forever! NO NO NO!  For me it's a defiant contented for post benzo therapy if my symptoms do not clear.  If I do not try to find answers no body will do it for me.  This drug researcher friend of mine said the dose would have to be higher and then benzo like withdrawal symptoms would come back.  Theoretically he says, the body would fight back like it always does.  The result "homeostasis" and hopefully and brand new crop of freshly grown GabaA receptors  :thumbsup:

Is this different than Flumazenil, a GABAA receptor antagonist? Does a GabaA antagonist behave differently than a Glutamate Agonist?

It's something totally new I'd maybe call it an  "GabaA Anti-antagonist"

It's like a reveres benzo.  You take it and it feels like mild benzo withdrawal, stop taking it and it feels like taking a benzo.  It's an anti-benzo if there was such a thing and now there is.

This is exactly the kind of drug you would need to fix any of the nagging long lasting symptoms that time can't fix.  I'll wait a year and see if I can heal and if not I will keep searching for answers. This is high on my list as a contender for sure!

But what happens if in 6 months I heal and write a success story and move on?  Some other person out there may find help with it.  I'd just like to mention it as it may help somebody someday.  I do not want to sound like I am pro drug. I am not but I am definity all for pro-healing even if it means fixing a pill problem with another pill. I see it as simple biological chemistry, I am not afraid of it any longer, at least not at this stage of healing anyhow.

Some people may benefit, maybe me and my killer tinnitus and maybe others who are hung up, See link http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?board=141.0

Homeostasis works both ways so pushing the brain in the opposite way could fix problems which stem from continued lack of gabaergic continuity.

This drug clamps off the chloride ion channel at the receptor base so the body will probably make gaba receptors to compensate, that's the theory anyway and it sure works in reverse :crazy:  I do not think taking the drug would be pleasant, it would in fact be over stimulating just like withdrawal was. In this case it's the withdrawal that could balance out the brain.  If there is any possibility of a drug working to help benzo paws people this would have to be the active working mod of action and the foundation working theory.

Just watched the you tube video  you posted birdman relating to this drug. It seems  the people taking the drug are touting it as a miracle cognitive enhancer. Funny, when Valium came out it was declared to be a new miracle drug. Years later we now have a clear understanding of its side effects and how difficult it is for some to get off of.

I, for one, do not wish to be a big Pharma guinea pig. I have had my share of woes getting off the K. After this hell like experience , I won't be putting anymore brain altering drugs into my body. Ill let neuroplasticity and time heal my brain.

Like Valium , when it was introduced, we don't know the long term effects on the brain from sustained use of this drug. No thanks.

Allen, I have no doubt this drug is bad for long term use!  They guy taking it in the video will probable sleep 18 hours a day for 2 years when he quits. I HAVE NO DOUBT that's what will happen and he would be a danger to others if he ever drove a car, this guy will fall asleep at the wheel and kill himself.  The long term effect of this drug will be the uncontrollable urge to sleep!!! BAD BAD BAD!  But that's EXACTLY the kind of thing that could help us in paws cases here!!  I'm thinking short term with higher doses but I have no experience in this. 

I agree, you do not want be on this drug for long term.  20 years of use and then if you quit you would probably sleep for a LONG time before you recovered :laugh:

NOTE: extremely low blood pressure is also a safety concern when quitting this drug.  Probably needs a taper too in higher doses.

As an observer, I'd love to hear more about this.  The way I'm looking at this, well,  darned if the pharmaceutical industry is going to let their reputation be trashed forever for inventing these addictive benzo drugs without offering a solution.  This would be a good thing, a comfortable way out of benzos, wouldn't it? 

I am done with benzos now, but honesty, in retrospect a drug like this would have been useful -- if it works, that is.

It could never replace a taper but it could be used to clean up sticky paws cases.

Wow

Imagine if it worked for us and it helped benzo withdrawal become a thing of the past! but the question is will it reverse benzo damage by GABA upload alone..

Even if it flooded our brains with GABA and does down regulate Glutamine would our brains still heal underneath from the damage benzos have already caused?

I mean once the withdrawal us over from this new drug will there still be benzo damage underneath ??

God wouldn't an end to this misery in the form of a reverse pill be heaven sent right now!!!

Ive just started my 20th month of this protracted hell and would give anything for it to end right now even if that meant taking another pill to reverse stop it...

Woofs

Hi Woofs, let's not call it damage.  What it really is in the strictest sense is unrecoverable or inadequacy in the amounts of gabaA receptors in play. 

Yes this drug could fix that probable in theory via the homeostasis agreement in that the brain WILL always change in order to find balance.  The danger is that you may recover too much and may always be a little sleepy and too relaxed thus never recovering from the Modafinil since you may now permanently have too many gabaA receptors  :laugh:  Wouldn't that be nice  :)

If that kind of thing is possible this would be the only drug that could actually do it.

Also taking this drug would mean partially re-emerging yourself in a light benzo withdrawal state as it's glutamate stimulant. But the after results could be very rewarding upon quitting. If us paws people had a shot with a pill this would be it.

I may stall heal on my own so I'll wait before I try it but I'll try anything rather

than live with my ears and brain vibrating like this.  But first I'll see if time helps.

Trying to fix brain chemistry that was screwed up by a drug by introducing more drugs?

No thanks.

Well, that is my reaction, too.  And I won't touch it.  But I'll still watch curiously to see what pharma gets up to. 

Trying to fix brain chemistry that was screwed up by a drug by introducing more drugs?

No thanks.

:laugh:  So understandable. I am pretty sure this thread is going to get a lot of knee jerk reactions. It's interesting big phrama finally did it, marketing a pill that gives you benzo withdrawal  :laugh:  It's an old drug but the FDA app. is new.

Why not? If the Modafinil w/d gets too much, I can still reinstate the Klonopin, then quit it again to have some more benzo w/d. I'm sure homeostasis will happen sooner or later  ;)

Nope, thanks. I've had enough experience with "quick fixes". That being said, if I had a pill next to me promising to "reverse" my poor CNS in a jiffy, it would be damn hard to resist taking it  :(

No thanks.

Well, that is my reaction, too.  And I won't touch it.  But I'll still watch curiously to see what pharma gets up to.

Hi CC, This drug sure has a twisted ending in withdrawal.

I wonder if the 200,000 people taking it have any idea what's coming?

[move]http://i.imgur.com/O8wzeTk.jpg[/move]

Hi.

Has anyone seen the film "Limitless"?

Modafinil was meant to be the model for the drug taken by Bradley Cooper...and has been clandestinely marketed as such.

spartacus

[06...]

I still have this in my cabinet! Grrr. . . .Are you talking about Provigil? It was prescribed to help me wake up after taking anti-psychotics. It's been out there for years.

In fact, when the patent was expiring, another "similar" drug called Nuvigil came out. Same thing.

Many schizophrenics and bipolars use it. It helped me wake up, but after a while, it stopped working and made me extremely angry. I stopped taking it.

As one who has had a miserable taper and who at almost a year still experiences glutamate surges constantly causing significant distress I would do just about anything to stop this.  In theory I can see how a benzo/gaba antagonist might encourage the growth of gaba receptors.  My challenge is that the idea of taking a pill that would emulate what has been the single worst experience of my life holds little appeal. 

Spartucus,  Thanks for the info. I'm going to check that out.

WWWI

I still have this in my cabinet! Grrr. . . .Are you talking about Provigil? It was prescribed to help me wake up after taking anti-psychotics. It's been out there for years.

In fact, when the patent was expiring, another "similar" drug called Nuvigil came out. Same thing.

Many schizophrenics and bipolars use it. It helped me wake up, but after a while, it stopped working and made me extremely angry. I stopped taking it.

Hi mindseeker, what kind of anger issues?  Uncontrollable temper?  When you stopped taking it was there any sedation or did you have trouble waking up?  I have been researching all day and it definitely increases glutamate the the AMPA receptor and binds gaba at the NMDA receptor in gabaA site. In theory if one takes it long enough it should leave you in a gabaA rich condition for a long while and hopefully nice landing at baseline, maybe just enough to set things straight for severe paws sufferers.

As far as tolerance ending in anger that makes total sense to me.

Benzo tolerance leaves many people in fear, panic or anxiety so what's the opposite of that?  Anger?

Do you think  ;)

As one who has had a miserable taper and who at almost a year still experiences glutamate surges constantly causing significant distress I would do just about anything to stop this.  In theory I can see how a benzo/gaba antagonist might encourage the growth of gaba receptors.  My challenge is that the idea of taking a pill that would emulate what has been the single worst experience of my life holds little appeal. 

WWWI

Not for me either, this experience sucks any way you cut it. Diving back into it is not my idea of a fun time either BUT what if it really helps?  It's mystery I just may have to visit one day.  Better me then you  :laugh:

I feel like I am on my own, no one out there is going to help me and I've just never been satisfied playing the waiting game, I need to learn and fight and struggle, it's just in my core nature. Sitting around doing nothing does not come easy to me.

WWWI

Not for me either, this expericne sucks any way you cut it. Diving back into it is not my idea of a fun time either BUT what if it really helps?  It's mystery I just may have to visit one day.  Better me then you  :laugh:

I feel like I am on my own, no one out there is going to help me and I've just have never been satisfied playing the waiting game, I need to learn and fight and struggle, it's just in my core nature. Sitting around doing nothing does not come easy to me.

It would be wonderful if you found this to be the miracle we all seek but I have seen  every other "miracle" turn out to be fools gold including Flumazenil.  Now it's possible that a lot is dependent how it's administered and clearly there are no studies out there to lead the way so I would never say never but I no longer believe in miracles.  If you end up going down this path, I will still watch with great interest on how it pans out.