Xanax water titration...

[Je...]

Can you do a water titration with Xanax?

For example,  I currently take 1.72 Xanax daily...or .43 in divided doses.

If I dissolve 2mg of Xanax into 100ml of water and do the following calculation:

2.0mg -14% = 1.72 mg per day..

100ml - 14% = 86ml per day

86ml per day /4 = 21.5 ml per divided dose.

Does my math look right?

Can you get a decent suspension of Xanax into water?

Thanks for any help?

Can you do a water titration with Xanax?

For example,  I currently take 1.72 Xanax daily...or .43 in divided doses.

If I dissolve 2mg of Xanax into 100ml of water 

The problem is...xanax (alprozalam) is NOT water soluble.

"Alprazolam is practically not soluble in water, when crushed in water it will not fully dissolve (40 µg/ml of H2O at pH 7). "

Alprazolam - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alprazolam

Wikipedia

It certainly is not water soluble, which means the active ingredient will not dissolve.  But this being said, MrsALW and VCharis are currently water titrating Xanax successfully and Carita and HopefulGirl got free this way.  So it's a viable method to get free as long as the person who titrates understands that Xanax and water do not form a solution.  Rather it forms a dispersion, from what I understand.  This means that the active ingredient is floating around in the water, unevenly and also it will drop to the bottom of the vessel used, rapidly.

What this means for the titrator.  A person who opts to do this MUST WORK QUICKLY to remove their reduction.

Also, when starting titrating the dose is not reduced for about a week because the change in delivery, as well as a bit of benzo left on the utensils is often seen by the body as a cut.  So a hold is in order when transitioning from dry to liquid, IMO. 

Maybe VC and Mrs will give you some pointers, JerryK.

So what do you do?

If I were going to do this I would use Ora-Plus/Ora-Sweet to get a good suspension.  These are pharm-grade suspension vehicles and are available on Amazon.  From what I gather, they are somewhat pricy, but can be stretched by adding a bit of water.

yikes, this stuff is $26.00 for 470 ml...    I was planning on making 100ml of solution per day.

ouch!

Xanax is not soluble in water.  My suspicion is it is quite soluble in alcohol and I have found several anecdotal references to this effect while searching the internet.  But I am having a lot of trouble finding an actual hard number for solubility.  I am surprised this is not more common discussed here at BB among the xanax people TBH.  If it was soluble enough in alcohol you could do what the valium and lorazepam folks do which is to first dissolve it in a small amount of alcohol, then dilute that with water.

http://www.rxlist.com/xanax-drug.htm