drug Interactions between klonopin and Prozac?

[Mi...]

Im on 10mg's of Prozac a day and getting ready to taper off .5mg a day klonopin.

I was doing some research and found drug Interactions between klonopin and Prozac.

Anyone here take both meds? I'm not sure if the Prozac or the Klon is causing the ringing in my head.

any feedback would be greatly appriciated,

Michael

Im on 10mg's of Prozac a day and getting ready to taper off .5mg a day klonopin.

I was doing some research and found drug Interactions between klonopin and Prozac.

Anyone here take both meds? I'm not sure if the Prozac or the Klon is causing the ringing in my head.

Michael

Michael,  What is the interaction between Prozac and Klonopin?  I'm tapering off Klonopin and taking Celexa, an SSRI in the same family as Prozac.  I'm pretty sensitive to SSRI's and was taking the maximum dose I could tolerate when I started tapering off Klonopin.  As I went down on the Klonopin I started to get symptoms of the beginning of serotonin syndrome.  They went away when I made a small cut in my Celexa.  You can look up my old posts for more details.  That said, your Prozac dose is on the low end of what is used to treat depression and I would first suspect K withdrawal as the cause of new symptoms. 

Since depression is common in people who take benzos long term and also common during withdrawal it is usually recommended that antidepressants not be discontinued during benzo withdrawal.  That was my doctor's advice and I've read the same thing many places.  Of course its always a good idea to consult with your doctor, especially if you think the two drugs are interacting.  I plan to try to get off of Celexa but not until I have been benzo free for a while.  My thinking is that if I taper off both at the same time and have problems, it will be difficult to decide what to do.

Good luck

Steve

Michael

I was put on klonopin for a side effect of prozac and is often prescribed for tinnitus.  I'm afraid tinnitus can be a benzo withdrawal symptom.