Long Term Damage

[ba...]

Babyrex, I've read it on another thread, after long term use and cold turkey

wouldn't surprise me anylonger. lets stay positive, there hasn't been enough research,

so many sxs have been reversable at this process, the brain cells might do the same. :(

wouldn't surprise me anylonger. lets stay positive, there hasn't been enough research,

so many sxs have been reversable at this process, the brain cells might do the same. :(

Thanks Claudia,

I did have an 11 month taper which was every bit as bad as a cold turkey.  I'm getting more and more scared as I'm showing no signs of healing.  18 months ...  I am truly frightened.

:smitten:

Thanks Claudia,

I did have an 11 month taper which was every bit as bad as a cold turkey.  I'm getting more and more scared as I'm showing no signs of healing.  18 months ...  I am truly frightened.

don't be frightened Babyrex, because it won't help. i feel like its getting worse as well.

I've read success stories where people said, months 18 -22 was really bad and they'd lost hope.

after months 22 , a lot of recovery started taking place.

so lets continue Babyrex, plenty of time left to be frightened.

i shall join you then, but not right now, its still too early.  ;):smitten:

Thanks Claudia,

don't be frightened Babyrex, because it won't help. i feel like its getting worse as well.

I've read success stories where people said, months 18 -22 was really bad and they'd lost hope.

after months 22 , a lot of recovery started taking place.

so lets continue Babyrex, plenty of time left to be frightened.

i shall join you then, but not right now, its still too early.  ;):smitten:

You are such a courageous and sweet person.  I know,  we just have to keep pushing forward.  You are a comfort to me. 

thanks Babyrex, :hug:

being frightened is the last thing on my list, but i'm going to cross it off now,

because we are going to make it. cheer up, like you said, lets push forward. :smitten:

Morreweg,

thank you for posting. You made me cry because I am so very frightened like dear Baby Rex. I am very glad that you are around to comfort us.

:smitten: :smitten:

Morreweg,

thank you for posting. You made me cry because I am so very frightened like dear Baby Rex. I am very glad that you are around to comfort us.

:smitten: :smitten:

Hi Sun, don't cry please, makes me sad , this is the hardest thing a human being

has to go through , i can't think of anything worse.

we are so strong, we will be ok, one day at a time till we get there, right ? :smitten:

You're great support Morr! I saw that article before to, it does not give any definitive results, just could be's. I don't think anyone should be worried about it! Bet there's an article somewhere that says there's no long term damage!

Keep your head up all!

Hi Babyrex,

Sorry to hear that you are still suffering so. You say 18 months, but in reality it has only been 6-7 months since you have been done, right? What are your worse symptoms now that are worrying you so? Haven't you noticed any healing yet?   

You're great support Morr! I saw that article before to, it does not give any definitive results, just could be's. I don't think anyone should be worried about it! Bet there's an article somewhere that says there's no long term damage!

Keep your head up all!

yep, we 'll keep our heads up, we must have faith that we will recover,

it happened to others , we will be successful as well. :thumbsup:

I appreciate the link, but I'm so, so discouraged  that this was written ALMOST FOUR YEARS AGO, AND LITTLE HAS BEEN DONE SINCE THEN. Sorry for the capital letters, but it's absolutely absurd that something as profound as this article has not even done anything in the U.S. to change the system. NOTHING. 

Well, this just scares the heck out of me.  I'll soon be 10 months off and I feel no healing whatsoever, and I feel like it is getting worse!

Mama

I'm sorry you guys.  My thoughts are so negative as I get little to no relief.  If I just showed some progress my mind would be in a much better place.  At one point for about 2weeks I felt a little bit better.  (30%).  But now I'm back down to 10-20 % and it's never ending.  I HATE being bedridden!!!

:tickedoff:

Yes but what if it's the only drug that helps?

When you get old you get old. You have to live a life. Just like all the anti d's they all cause damage and how many ppl are on them and alotta people you meet in the st,shop,wherever you wouldnt guess there on anything.

Zyprexa is supposed to cause diabetes i thnink? Should people who take that and are on it for life because they have to stop taking it ?

I just want to encourage all of you that you will improve but for some of you it may take awhile. 

I am 4 1/3 years out and am 99% healed.  Even if benzos cause permanent brain damage, the brain has plasticity and it can create new neuronal pathways so that you can overcome the damage.  It just takes time. 

I didn't start seeing any real noticeable changes until about 30 months out.  It's my opinion that it can take a good 5 years to be normal again and 2 1/2 years would be the halfway mark.  But the 2nd half of the journey is nothing like the first.  Once you get past the really rough stuff (where it feels like you're making no progress whatsoever) when things start to ease up, the healing seems to speed up, as well.

At 2 1/2 years out I could work full time again and at 3 years out I had only minimal symptoms and minor flare ups from time to time...nothing that was as devastating as the first 2 1/2 years.

Of course everyone has a different recovery timeline, I'm just here to encourage those of you that are under 2-3 years out and feel "brain damaged".  I felt brain damaged, too, and I was (temporarily). 

Also, there is no way I could've read that article prior to 30 months off.  One of the wd symptoms is complete irrational fears/phobias that seem totally real.  Now I can read that stuff and it doesn't even bother me.  In fact, I'm guessing many of those tests were conducted while people were still on benzos or under 2 years out.  Not really a fair assessment if that's the case.

You'll get better.  I wish it was sooner, but you WILL get better.

L123, thank you so much for your post, you are giving me hope , even if it takes

such a long time, life will be worth living again, i wish you well. :smitten:

I don't see anything new in the article. They aren't very specific about long-term brain damage, either.

Saying this, I will also say that I DO believe benzos can cause brain damage, with long term use. But to the best of my knowledge, there is no proof......yet.

east

Yeah, I don't see a purpose in worrying about possibly and and what if. I'll stick to positive thoughts as I believe it will work in my favor!!