Anyone know about trileptal or tegretol to help with wd?

[Mi...]

Ive been doing some reading and came across these drugs, trileptal and tegretol.

Has anyone tried these for wd symptoms?

Any feedback would be greatly appricated

Thanks,

Michael

Hi Mike, I was on tegretal when I first starting going through tolerance w/d's. I was having seizures so they had me on that. I stopped taking it because I learned it had a worse withdrawal syndrome attached to it. It also didn't help me at all, and made me feel really sick! Any anti-seizure med I think has bad side effects and lengthy w/d 's. Just be careful...IMO

Hi Mike,

I was put on Tegretol which is a brand of Carbamazapine last year as a mood stabiliser while I was on Diazepam. I was on it for a little while and can honestly say id didnt seem to have any positive or negative traits. I was om quite a high dose and it may have upset me coming as the doctor took me off in about 3 days but it wasnt really that noticable. I came off because I didnt believe I had a mood disorder and it can interfere with white bllod cell count but thats all I can offer I am afraid! good luck.

Ive been doing some reading and came across these drugs, trileptal and tegretol.

Has anyone tried these for wd symptoms?

Any feedback would be greatly appricated

Thanks,

Michael

Micahel -

I've been on both for bipolar but not while tapering off a benzo.  I did find this in the Ashton Manual:

"Other drugs which have been found to be of little or no value in withdrawal trials over 4-6 weeks include buspirone (BuSpar, an anti-anxiety drug), carbamazepine (Tegretol, an anticonvulsant), clonidine (Catapres, an anti-anxiety drug sometimes used in alcohol detoxification), nifedipine (Adalat) and alpidem."

"