Tapering with Roxanne Liquid Xanax?

[Ne...]

Hi guys,

So I am kind of all over the map here with deciding on how to taper. I've gone back and forth in my head about a million times as to how to taper and from what I should taper (alprazolam, K, or V) but if I decide to taper from alprazolam  (my current and so far only benzo), I wanted to know if anyone had any experience with the liquid xanax from roxane labs? how would I use this to taper at a reasonable rate down from .5, split into two daily doses? any help with or opinions on this would be very helpful.  thanks in advance.

Since you are on Xanax, do you have any interdose problems?  Since Xanax is short acting people often find they can benefit from more frequent dosing.

You said you did a rapid taper down.  Do you feel well enough to taper at all?

I don't have experience with Xanax or the liquid product.  What is the concentration?

:)

I don't think I have interdose w/d but I do feel like I have some tolerance w/d symptoms. I've been on my current dose for about a month now. Don't feel great, but fairly functional. The concentration is 1mg per ml. I'm hoping someone here has had experience with this product?

Good that you don't have interdose.  I used the Roxane liquid Valium and, even though Valium itself is not soluble in water, the Roxane liquid CAN be diluted with water because the Valium is already dissolved in another liquid.  It made my daily taper easy.  So I am wondering if the same applies to your liquid Xanax.  I looked it up and found this...

http://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/lookup.cfm?setid=b945ac6f-796e-41ef-85e9-61007e4a4e9a

My guess is the Xanax is dissolved in the propylene glycol.  This was also used in my Valium liquid, although your list of ingredients is not completely the same as mine.

I'll bet you could test it and find out if it can be diluted with water by watching it in a clear jar or glass.  Also, I'll bet your pharmacist will know.  I think it is too potent right now to use for tapering.  It needs to be diluted a lot.  Something like 100X or 200X so you have a liquid that is around .005mg/ml so you can make accurate cuts.

Anyway, just some information for you.  Hope someone who has used it comes along.

I've certainly heard of the Roxane liquid Xanax but I haven't seen anyone use this product during my entire time being a member here.  All of the Xanax folks I've watched liquid titrate Xanax mixed with water.  But Xanax does not dissolve in water, so this made me uncomfortable to try, for me personally.  So I dry cut to get free.

I'd try what SG57 suggested. 

I don't actually have the product. just trying to figure out options. if nobody has used it to successfully taper, my instincts tell me maybe that's just adding more complication to the mix than I need.

Roxane liquid alprazolam (xanax) is specifically formulated to be diluted, or mixed with food.  It uses propylene glycol as a solvent, similar to their liquid V oral solution.