Drop or not drop please help me

[sn...]

Hi everyone

I was on Lorazapam for 8 months 0.5 - 1mg per day

I switched over to Diazapam 5mgs that was 41/2 months ago

I was on 1.5 for over 1 month

I struggled with sleep and tried an antidepressant 1 off dose10mg made me hugely anxious so came of it

Tried Seqeul to sleep that didnt work Went up to 2 mgs then tried to come down again but didnt work

So now after 5 days feel my stomach getting effects and more of pounding heart feel like I am going backwardsjust want to start reducing again so I dont get any more symptoms

What do you think I need someone to come alog side of me Because I dont know really what to do

I fell the longer I am on this dose the worst it may get

I milk titrated 2ml off last night is this a good thing

Should I do a dry cut of 0.25

Should I hold

Please help

i would stay at 2 mgs. a day of V until i hit baseline. even if it took a month. then i would do a vodka/water taper with daily micro cuts.

So if I’ve got this right, you were on 5mg valium, 4 ½ months ago, and now you’re at 1.5mg, but you’ve just gone back to 2mg? Have I got all that right? How long did it take you to cross over the valium, and how long did you allow yourself to stabilise on the valium before you started to cut?

It’s really a bit difficult to fully understand what has gone on. Would you be able to create a signature that gives this information, so everyone can see at a glance what’s going on?

Going from 5mg down to 1.5mg in just a few months is very fast – too fast IMO. You may have also crossed over too quickly. I honestly think that this is the crux to your whole problem, and that’s why you’re not doing well. Most of the symptoms you are describing could simply be explained by you cutting your dose too quickly. Speed is not your friend when you are tapering.

My first lot of advice is to definitely don’t do any more cutting. You need to stabilise on a dose because your body is totally confused right now. I don’t want to say what dose you need to stabilise on, because that will be your decision, but you might need to consider going back to 5mg and starting over again, doing a much slower taper.

When you feel more stable, then you can decide how you want to proceed with your taper. There are a lot of different methods. You just need to find the one that suits you, but first thing is to stabilise.

PS - Something else I just noticed, you said you were taking 0.5-1mg Lorazapam per day. Which dose was it, because there is a big difference between those 2 doses. If you were routinely taking 1mg, you should have crossed over to 10mg valium, not 5mg. However, if you were taking 0.5mg, then 5mg valium should be okay, or maybe you should have crossed over to something between those 2 doses. You may not have crossed over to a high enough dose of valium, and that is just compounding your problems. Stabilising needs to be your main priority at the moment.

Hi thanks for all your help

My taper has been slow for 4 and half months much slower than the Ashton method

Basically on 0.5 lorazapam with a few 1mgs now and then for 8 months

Switch to V 2 weeks not too much drama

From 3mg downwards 0.5 cuts 2'3'4' week intervals

Stomach issues got better at lower doses

Mental anxiety and depression got worse

Major setback lack of sleep replaced by anxiety at lower doses

At1.5 tried different supplements including Benyral antihistamine with gave me high anxiety next day

1dose antidepressant worst thing I could have done

Went up to coming due to the above giving me too much grief

Been on 2mg 7 days first few days pretty crappy last few even out is this what you call baseline no major hits just feeling crappy

Milk titration next step as get to worked up about cut and hold and will have more control

I thought I may do a coming titration drop per day in next couple of days

I feel the old stomach and heart pals coming back on this dose as it builds up

It will still build up but if I chip away at 2ml per day than that is not a big cut to my system but at least some progress

What do you guys think

We all need to remember that Ashton is a guide only. Not everyone can follow that method, and the cuts that you made could just be catching up to you. You are also on a lower dose, and a lot of people just can't handle doing a cut and hold taper at all. I certainly couldn't. When I was at 5mg I tried to cut just 0.25mg numerous times and I failed every time.

If I was you I would certainly hold for at least another week, just to make sure things are levelling out. Then I think switching to a daily taper would be a good idea. You have lots of choices in the type you may want to do. The method I use is in the link in my signature.

I certainly don't feel good today

I feel the stuff is building up in my system and making me sicker I feel I want to drop now before it gets worse

This has to be your decision of course, but benzo withdrawal usually isn't something that you can just power through. Your body is trying to adapt to the cuts you have already made, so it's probably not a case of the benzo "building up". It's probably a case of your body complaining because it's not getting the dose it needs right now. That's probably why you're feeling this way. To cut more now could just make things worse. However, like I said, this has to be your decision.

If you want my honest opinion, like I said earlier, I think you have cut your dose too quickly, and maybe you need to think about going back a step or two and increasing your dose a bit, but once again - it's your decision.

The cuts I made were pretty good on the way down what made it worse was my health anxiety not the drug

My wife says this can't be withdrawal symptoms so is it the build up of drug

She reckons drop 0.5and go thru withdrawal again now

I don't know what to do am pretty scared

We are all different in how fast we taper, but all I can say is that it took me 7 months to cut the same amount you cut in 4.5 months, and I'm certainly not unusual, judging by all the other people I talk to every day who are also tapering valium. A lot of people just can't cut the lower doses as quickly as they can the higher doses. I think this is a build up, but it's a build up of the cuts you have already done, not the benzo itself, but that's just my opinion. You have to make the decision you think is best.

The cuts I made were pretty good on the way down what made it worse was my health anxiety not the drug

My wife says this can't be withdrawal symptoms so is it the build up of drug

She reckons drop 0.5and go thru withdrawal again now

I don't know what to do am pretty scared

I respectfully, but firmly, disagree with your wife.

How long were you on the drug I was on it for1year

Since 2007.  Max regular dose was 15 mg, for about a year.

Thanks heaps for all the info guys

I feel I have really stuffed up The last few days been ok today I feel I'm getting a few more symptoms todayIt seems so real that the longer on this dose the worst the symptoms that why I want to cut to get this stuff out of my system and feel better because the physical symptoms decreased as I went down further last time however the mental and lack of sleep took their place big time I feel I am going back into a big hole I will wait another week and see if things settle down I will use milk titration starting at 2ml reduction a day

What's happen in your history how hard what symptoms I interested because I was on 8 months similar to you guys

Stable does that mean feeling quite normal when will I know this place

How come some people go down1 mg a month to 0 no problems and some of them have been on them longer

Everyone is completely different when it comes to becoming dependant on benzos and tapering benzos. There will be people we will never see on BB, because they were able to cut down their dose fairly quickly and not have any problems. Those of us on BB seem to be the more difficult cases. Some people develop a dependence very quickly, while others may take a lot longer.

Please don't confuse the symptoms of withdrawal with needing to just get it out of your system quickly. Doing a quick taper could just make your problems worse in the long run. For those of us problem cases, there really aren't any quick fixes. It just takes time.

Thanks heaps for all the info guys

I feel I have really stuffed up The last few days been ok today I feel I'm getting a few more symptoms todayIt seems so real that the longer on this dose the worst the symptoms that why I want to cut to get this stuff out of my system and feel better because the physical symptoms decreased as I went down further last time however the mental and lack of sleep took their place big time I feel I am going back into a big hole I will wait another week and see if things settle down I will use milk titration starting at 2ml reduction a day

I echo Diaz-Pam and builder.  It is DEFINITELY a case of your CUTS catching up with you - not the other way around.  The symptoms you are experiencing are WITHDRAWAL symptoms and, if they are getting worse, that's even more reason why you should wait it out before your next cut.  Always listen to your body.  If you're too symptomatic then it is not a good time to cut. 

What's happen in your history how hard what symptoms I interested because I was on 8 months similar to you guys

Every person is different... you cannot compare someone else's journey with yours - you can only be guided.

Stable does that mean feeling quite normal when will I know this place

How come some people go down1 mg a month to 0 no problems and some of them have been on them longer

No, stable does NOT mean normal.  Stable means that your symptoms are manageable.

Again, we are all different so what may work for one person doesn't necessarily mean that it will work for you.  It's through trial and error that we find what is best for each of us.  At least that was my experience.

Hi

Been 2 weeks not stable yet how long will it take Do I just ride it thru as best I can I don't want to up dose further just want to stay on 2 for a while then milk titration down when I feel stable than I am now

Any thoughts or experiences

Doctor and mental health people says such a small dose like 2 glasses of wine and it is mostly my own anxiety and thoughts

Cheers

>Report This Post<    Logged

If your symptoms are bearable than it's not advisable to updose. 

Some people take many months before they get rid of their symptoms (they are the lucky ones) and others may take years.  It all depend on how long you have been on benzos, how big the dose was and how your body reacts to the withdrawal process.

It would help if you did some reading:

Coping during withdrawal - valuable tools by pianogirly http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=79096.0

Here are some Q&As that may help you understand.  http://www.benzobuddies.org/benzodiazepine-information/frequently-asked-questions/

Here are possible withdrawal symptoms that you may likely be suffering from http://www.benzobuddies.org/benzodiazepine-information/withdrawal-symptoms/

Here is the Ashton Manual which explains what benzos do to the body http://www.benzo.org.uk/manual/bzcha01.htm

How long does it take for benzos to leave your system?  by Colin http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=6177.0

What is happening in your brain by Parker http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=66397.0

If you read some Buddie Blogs here http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?board=88.0 it might help to put things into perspective.

Patience is something you need when withdrawing from benzo.  Remember to be kind to yourself. 

Zizi

PS:  Snapper, it would really help us understand you better if you put a signature/profile at the bottom of your posts, so when responding to you, we have an idea on what benzo you are on, how much, what you cuts are like etc etc. 

Hi

I up dosed from 1.5 to 2mg a couple of weeks ago and updosing probably made it worse I don't sleep one night then crash the next and carries on I have more stomach aches too I don't to up dose again as it may spiral upwards