Lawsuit against the makers of klonipin???

[da...]

i dont know if i can post this here i hope i dont get in trouble  but heres a link  wondering if people should do something about this drug? well for that matter all benzo's

http://www.unitedprofessionals.org/doctor-files-lawsuit-over-klonopin-side-effects/

Hang in there darsey,

You never know when lawsuits might become viable, but I urge you to keep a pulse on the situation in order to protect future users that include the most vulnerable such as babies, toddlers, and the elderly.  Many short term users don't have much "skin in the game", as their withdrawal symptoms are mild and easy to dismiss.  But their haughty arrogance is obnoxious and narrow minded. 

Understand that both short and long term users have lost their jobs, families, homes, friends and dignity.  I was prescribed these poisons from air headed GP's that knowingly dispensed poisons.  We may yet have our day in court!  :thumbsup:

:smitten:

I would be interested in knowing what is going on with the lawsuit this year or however long it takes, if they're going to settle out of court or if it goes to trial. I would think that if a doctor files a lawsuit about a benzo drug, it would have more validity to lawyers and judges since they seem to give their own ilk more credibility than to the rest of us, unfortunately. Thank you for posting the link! And the part at the bottom about "less serious" side effects - it doesn't by any stretch of the imagination include everything. 

Being involved or wanting to be involved in a lawsuit over illness tends to prolong the illness.  There have been studies of cases of unusual medication side effects where those who don't pursue litigation recover completely, whereas those who sue continue to stay sick.  I can't find the link at the moment.  But it's not an uncommon phenomenon.

When you have something to gain from an illness, e.g. emotionally or financially, you tend to stay sick whether you like it or not.  The idea is that you have an incentive to staying sick, so your brain unconsciously signals to the rest of your body to stay sick, if anything by constantly inducing a state of constant stress.

I would quit thinking about it entirely.  You'll just make yourself sicker.

Some roads you shouldn't go down.  And this is one of them.

I would be interested in knowing what is going on with the lawsuit this year or however long it takes, if they're going to settle out of court or if it goes to trial. I would think that if a doctor files a lawsuit about a benzo drug, it would have more validity to lawyers and judges since they seem to give their own ilk more credibility than to the rest of us, unfortunately. Thank you for posting the link! And the part at the bottom about "less serious" side effects - it doesn't by any stretch of the imagination include everything.

What many people seem to forget is that doctors are conducting business.  I find it improbable that most would be willing to sacrifice their bottom line to protect individuals; rather, they urged to protect the current medical model that encourages the financial avenue of poly drugging. 

Thank you for your thoughtful response.

Being involved or wanting to be involved in a lawsuit over illness tends to prolong the illness.  There have been studies of cases of unusual medication side effects where those who don't pursue litigation recover completely, whereas those who sue continue to stay sick.  I can't find the link at the moment.  But it's not an uncommon phenomenon.

When you have something to gain from an illness, e.g. emotionally or financially, you tend to stay sick whether you like it or not.  The idea is that you have an incentive to staying sick, so your brain unconsciously signals to the rest of your body to stay sick, if anything by constantly inducing a state of constant stress.

Whoosh!

i dont know if i can post this here i hope i dont get in trouble  but heres a link  wondering if people should do something about this drug? well for that matter all benzo's

http://www.unitedprofessionals.org/doctor-files-lawsuit-over-klonopin-side-effects/

i can't open this link, it says ....forbidden. ???

i am filing a lawsuit, not for money , my intentions are prescriptions up to 2 weeks.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for posting this. Well said. I personally know people who went down this road, and yes, they stayed sicker longer. This kind of goes with how I feel about staying ANGRY about one's being on benzos and going through withdrawal. Blaming wont change anything, and holding onto such anger may keep you feeling rotten longer.

east

• 1 month later...
What these doctors have done to us is criminal.  There is no way they can claim ignorance.  Look up Benzo withdrawal syndrome in WIKI.  That's the least a doctor should do if a patient says they are having withdrawal.  It is all about money.  Peoples lives and families are being torn apart.  Pain and suffering is definitely a legitimate legal issue.  The way to get to these guys and stop the insanity is hitting them where it hurts, their wallet.  Once successful lawsuits start it will be a snowball and these doctors will be overrun.  I am mad and angry about what has been done to me at no fault of my own. What about the people that are in withdrawal that lose everything and have no way to support themselves. Don't they deserve restitution?  Or course they do.  The only thing Big Pharma and the medical industry under is MONEY and that's the key to getting good laws in place to control this criminal activity.  When you get your script from the pharmacy it says right in the information that comes with it 'not for long term use may cause addiction'. How can a doctor possibly say with a straight face he just doesn't belief the manufacturer's warnings.  This is plain and simple the dealing of drugs that are known to injure for money.  No different the selling crack or heroin!!!!

I have the sense that the UK is a little (oh, a LOT) more advanced than the US. Doctors here truly do not know about those few people who have such a bad time withdrawing from a benzo. The UK seems more  progressive, more knowledgeable about it.

So, if your doctor really did NOT know all the dangers, why sue?  What I did, to relieve my anger, was write him a long letter telling him what I went through. And I mailed it. The relief I felt was immense. I doubt he read it....I am sure his wife did, and threw it in the trash. I expected that. What was important was the act of sitting down and writing it, and mailing it. I had gotten it off my chest. And those things allowed me to move on.

east