Help with last leg of titration please

[cr...]

As u can see from my signature I have been slowly titrating 1.5mg of Klonopin since 2011. I am now just short of 0.5mg and am struggling with depression and terrible morning anxiety so am holding- yet again. I have been diluting my 1mg of K in 80ml of milk and pulling 0.1ml a day,guess my question is is it "normal" to struggle the nearer we get to the end of the taper? Or does anyone have any suggestions that might help......should I be better diluting my K into 100ml of milk and therefore can reduce amount I take out. Sorry I'm no good at the Math. I used to be with another forum and they suggested the 80ml, but I see this forum seems to use 100ml. I would really appreciate it if I could get a titration plan for the last 0.5mg

Hello :)

Thanks for spelling out your dose and method.  I can see you are making a .0125mg/ml solution and cutting .00125mg/day.  Putting K into 100ml would make the math easier, but otherwise is not much of an advantage IMO.

I think at the end of a taper we need to slow down and more adjustments are needed.  It would help to know your history and how bad the symptoms are to gauge whether a hold is enough or whether you might need to reduce your cut size.

Hello Sg57  :)

I am also on 2 anti depressants- citalopram 30mg in the morning and Remeron 45mg at bedtime. I had been tapering my K in 40ml of milk and discarding 0.1ml but had to hold a lot.  I moved back from USA to Ireland and held again as major stress. It was then that I started to dilute my 1mg of K into 80ml of milk and discard 0.1ml, everything went well-no SXs at all for a couple of months. Then went thru a lot of stress (won't bore u with details) about 6 weeks ago so held for 3  weeks but felt I was getting worse which has happened to me before; I find I just hve to soldier thru for a while until sxs subside. I am back to withdrawing 0.1ml a day (discarding 39.5ml out of the 80ml) have morning anxiety, depressed, stomach issues and extremely tired. Reading other Buddies posts I don't seem too bad, but I feel I haven't come very far I 16 months of tapering-maybe because I had no sxs for couple of months, I'm expecting too much. Just feels harder to deal with the longer I'm at this :-X any thoughts or advice would be much appreciated. Good to know I'm not alone I this as my Dr here in Ireland is appalled they put me o this in America and although willing to prescribe, has never dealt with anyone on K (or Rivotril as it's known here)

I've heard that K is regarded in the UK like V is hear in America.  Kind of taboo for some reason?

Your cut of .1ml contains .00125mg K.  And it seems like your dose is .50625mg (since 80ml was equal to 1mg and you discard 39.5ml).  At that dose, generally speaking, a daily cut of .00125mg is very reasonable.  It's interesting that the hold made you feel worse.  I would not expect that as three weeks really is not all that long for a hold.

IDK.  Holding does not seem to be too helpful and you do not seem bad enough to consider an updose.  What about reducing you cut size for a while and see what how you respond?  Do you feel able to still taper?

Yeah strange how K is deemed taboo here, but Valium not so much.......maybe one day neither of them will be prescribed ;)

As I said before, I was on another forum which has now been abandoned, but it recommended only holding for few days, so it's interesting u say 3 weeks is not a long hold. Thank u so much for doing the math for me  :smitten:

Think I will keep tapering as sxs bearable and if they worsen I will hold. Just wondering how would I reduce my cut size?

It is a long hold for daily taper.  I guess what I meant was there was a discussion about holding recently regarding the hold causing symptoms due to tolerance.  The person was thinking of holding all summer.

Are you working with with a 1ml syringe with 100 increments on the barrel?  How much do you want to reduce by?

I personally feel when I hold there comes a point where sxs just don't improve and I have to get back to titrating and then I level out. Don't know if it's a bit psychological and Although symptoms aren't that much improved or just change, I think-and again this is just me-I just have to push thru the sxs, as long as they're not getting worse.....

I do use a 1ml syringe with 100 increments and I take out 0.1 daily, so not sure how smaller I could accurately cut? I am at the moment back to reducing by 0.1ml daily and sxs same, but manageable, I have been reading other Buddies progress and realize my sxs are very common and not bad compared to some (although most are doing larger cuts than me) I intend staying at this rate for a while and see how things go.  Many thanks for ur input and so happy to hve found a new forum for support. 8)

This is an interesting thing.  We can feel BETTER by cutting.  I don't understand how that works at all, but am convinced it is real.

If you wanted to cut back by 20% you could cut 8 ticks a day instead of 10.  Every tick is 10% of your current cut.  Or you could use more milk and keep the cut the same.