morning anxiety

[wh...]

Hi everyone.  Are any of you having your usual morning anxiety?  Every morning I get jerks and intrusive thoughts and just a general feeling I call "ick"  It's not a good way to start the day.

Mornings into late afternoon was my witching hour for major anxiety and panic. Cortisol plays a role in this. The horrible fear and dread made for a bad day. I had to use all my coping strategies ...distraction, exercise, meditation...to keep a lid on it. Perfectly awful.

• 1 month later...
I had them too. Could you share some of your coping strategies please? I'm tryinh to gather the tools sort of speak for my anxiety issues. For now I found on the forum the body scan meditation that worked. I was hoping I coul gather more. I was hoping you could share some of your techniques- from what I read in your description, you have a lot of experience with this.

mornings are by far the worse part of living these days, I end up feeling calm after 6:00pm but otherwise I am a mess all day long

I get the morning anxiety too, it sucks. The jerks and intrusive thoughts are exactly what I get. The intrusive thoughts seem to last all day up until very very late in the evening.

I just swiched my highest dose to bedtime right before i turn off tbe livht. voila! morning anxiety down by 75 percent. It was interdose withdrawal from going all night w/o the drug. makes me wonder how i will do without it post jump.

Kickin,

I have wicked morning and all throughout the day anxiety, usually until after 6 pm.  Like Lainey posted, not sure why that is.  But, it's brutal.  Everyday is rough.

Try

cortisol spikes in morning and lowers at night a red flag that you have adrenal fatigue is 6pm feeling of normalcy

What do you do for Adrenal Fatigue?  I always wondered what was so magical about the evening time.  It feels likes someone turned the switch off and I can relax.

Try

I pm'd you. Its not easy because the first line of defense is to "DESTRESS" well how are we to do that?

Large amounts of Vit C too

I just had my adrenals checked and I am on adrenal supps and I still have anxiety all day until later in the evening.

I have been horrible for many weeks and feel like it will never end or that life will ever get better

Oh yes try I am still off the Ativan, are you?

Even with the v I still have horrible Ativan wd.

My naturopath told me they don't hit the same receptors so you still go through the a withdrawal.

This really sucks.

I constantly feel like I am in a state of terror, can't calm, my heart is driving me nutts and I am now depressed about how bad I am.

What sx are you having?

Ruby

I sent you a pm.    Majoooorrrr depression, non stop crying, anxiety thru the roof , night sweats,  Full on acute withdrawal. 

It's horrible.    Really rough. 

These docs got us good.  We'll show them.

Try

we literally have to educate the doctors. unless they want to do a study and go through this themselves, they never know what they are talking about.

I just thought I'd share a type of meditation that I do every morning to overcome the ick feeling, and I feel really settled and clean feeling afterwards everytime. What I do is just sit down and try and become aware of each one of my toes and move them individually, then I become aware of my foot and the bones in them, the skin around them, the veins, etc. Also, try not to think in words because that blocks the actual awareness of these things, just simply be aware. Continue up to your leg, muscles etc, then your stomach, intestines, kidneys, heart, lungs, arms face, nose and just basically every type of material that makes up your body. I find this pure awareness of yourself really calms you down, and helps you to settle down a lot. I usually am pretty calm and clean feeling at this point, but I usually like to take it a step further and become aware of all the different elements of air, water, wind, and fire that make up my body. So I start to become aware and all the water that is in my body and makes up me. Then, the wind and air that comes into my body and allows me to live. And for fire, I just become aware of my body heat and how much of my energy is derived from the sun, or fire. I find this mediation much easer then trying to take focused on my breathe for long periods of time soI hope this helps someone out there, it's what I do to directly alleviate the horrible ick feeling in the morning, and if I don't do this I find myself easily getting anxious and depressed, etc.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys

It does get better; don't get too discouraged. I'm 5 months out now and things are much better.  Morning anxiety is manageable; jerks and spasms are mostly gone; appetite is better; sleep is better; I can feel my brain getting better - it's weird but you just know that it is and things get clearer again.  You start to feel like yourself and can actually laugh and relax sometimes and really feel it again.

Hang in there. Depression gets manageable too.  You are not dying or sick it is just benzo lies.  There are so many of them.

YouTube has a few good success stories ...klonopinkills has some great videos.  He is fine now and it really helped me to see it.

;)

Hi guys

It does get better; don't get too discouraged. I'm 5 months out now and things are much better.  Morning anxiety is manageable; jerks and spasms are mostly gone; appetite is better; sleep is better; I can feel my brain getting better - it's weird but you just know that it is and things get clearer again.  You start to feel like yourself and can actually laugh and relax sometimes and really feel it again.

Hang in there. Depression gets manageable too.  You are not dying or sick it is just benzo lies.  There are so many of them.

YouTube has a few good success stories ...klonopinkills has some great videos.  He is fine now and it really helped me to see it.

;)

Wonderfully encouraging post. Morning is the worst part of the day for me. When all the demons creep in and tell me that I'm worthless and I'll never get off xanex and everyone hates me! I know it's all benzo lies and always try to keep that in mind.

the best advice that has helped for me since reading the sticky on morning anxiety is getting something to eat.  it's like magic. i feel so scared i'm somewhere between shaking and paralyzed, but if i force myself to get food, and then force myself to eat it, afterwards i feel so much better.

if your morning anxiety is so bad that prepping a meal feels like too much, make sure to have something read-to-eat when you wake up. if you're lucky you might have a corner deli that has something decent to eat - that will also get you to walk outside, even if you don't want to. each time you do a simple thing your anxiety is telling you is impossible, you're reinforcing the truth that in fact it is possible.