Daily Milk Titration vs Milk/Liquid Cut and Hold off 1mg Clonazepam

[Ca...]

Hi. I am just wondering about peoples experiences who have either done a daily milk titration off of generic K or cut and hold (using milk/liquid K)? I started my liquid daily taper from 1mg of generic K several months ago and have not made very much progress. I have made several, several mistakes along the way (forgetting to take my cut out, partially freezing a dose by accident, increasing my cut too fast, poor choice for storage jars, you name it) anyway this has led to little progress. And I know, we are all in a hurry to get off, and sometimes have to learn the hard way to gain some patience. But my question is, has anyone had experience with both, and if so how has it been for them. I have never actually tried to do a cut and hold, as I feared it would be too much and work a job that I am only paid if I am working, absolutely have to work and also have to have fairly good focus while at work.  So I think that has kept me from even trying to see what it would be like to cut and hold.

But of course my mind keeps coming back to it. I know if I did try the cut and hold (using k in milk), I would probably only do it a few times (and around 5 or 6 percent each time) and then start back at daily titration once I was able to loose some of my daily dose. ( currently dose equally every 12 hours.)

Anyone willing to share their experience? I think I am fearful of the cut and hold wondering how long, if ever, it would take to stabilize.

So far, when cutting, especially when I have gone too fast, I have had inner vibrations, some muscle tightness mainly in my arms, migraines, and some bouts of increase depression and negative thoughts plus apathy.

I had increased my dose back in November to 1mg per day, and I am sure my body is use to that by now, so any cut, small or a little larger is likely to be felt.

Hi Calico

Of course I can only give you my experiences, so they may or may not be relevant to your situation.

When I first tried to taper off my 5mg of valium I assumed I should be able to do it by doing a cut and hold taper, and making fairly small cuts. The smallest I could cut was 0.25mg, which according to the Ashton Method should have been perfectly do-able. It wasn't.

I tried this method a couple of times, but after suffering severe w/ds for a couple of weeks each time, I gave up. Fortunately during this time I found BB and found out about doing a daily taper. That was my saviour, and I've never looked back. I've had a lot of ups and down along the way, but nothing compared to the problems I had when I was cutting and holding, and the problems haven't always been related to my taper (eg hormones or supplements I've been experimenting with).

Now, like I said, this is my experience, and will not relate to everyone. I also started on quite a low dose, and that also sometimes determines how you have to taper. You are on a higher equivalent dose, so doing a cut and hold taper may work out for you, at least until your dose gets lower. Some people can follow a cut and hold taper and do very well.

Thank you D-P,

I feel the daily taper is probably the only way I am going to get off. I guess I was just hoping for a little jump start to bring the dose down a little before resuming the daily taper, which I know will be the all I would consider anyway after getting down to less than .6mg anyway. wish I could try to transfer over to V, but when I tried a few doses this winter within days my depression growing at rapid speed. I am assuming a cross over to Librium would also likely have the same effect. Not that K is a picnic in the depression department. But I really noticed it ramped up (the depression) when I increased my dose of K in November. I usually get Seasonal Affect Disorder, but this year hit me hard. Thanks for replying. If there was only a magic wand (besides incredible unbelievable patience, if we are lucky).

All my best,

Calico

Yes, I know that for some people valium can increase depression, but maybe that would go away after a while. I know the sedation effect, that a lot of people also complain about with valium, does disappear after a little while. Neither of those things have ever bothered me though.

If you wanted to try a cross over, perhaps if you did it slowly, and slowly built up the amount of valium it might not have that same effect on you.