• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [je...]

• [Ki...]

• [He...]

• [pr...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Fresh parsley up vag? Pffft, id eat an old white dog turd if it would be the next miracle cure!  :thumbsup:

I've done it before, and it did get my cycle started, but not sure if it was a coincidence or not. 

This is how, if you're feeling up to a "DIY experiment" in your vagina.

A parsley pessary (vaginal insert) can aide in softening the cervix, helping it to open, to prepare for release. Fresh parsley comes in a bunch, many sprigs tied together, you can remove the larger part of the stem just below the first leaf joint, this will make it more comfortable. Don't pick the leaves off the main stem, it just makes it that much smaller and harder to remove. Just leave the leaf as it is, and take off the bigger part of the stem.

When I made my pessaries, I used 3 or 4 sprigs of the fresh herb, I've read that you can wrap it in cheese cloth, or tie a string to the stems to help you get them out, but i didn't find that necessary. I just pushed the parsley leaves in as far as i could, right next to my cervix, (which feels rounded and kind of hard, the consistency is kind of like the end of your nose. (just a little cervix info)

It felt bulky at first, but the leaves will soften from your body heat. You may notice a parsley smell, or taste in your mouth after a while. I changed it every 12 hours, twice a day, especially leaving it in over night.

When it came time to remove it, i just reached in with two fingers and scooped it out, checking it for any blood, then discarding. Repeating the process.

http://www.sisterzeus.com/Parsley.htm

Fresh parsley up vag? Pffft, id eat an old white dog turd if it would be the next miracle cure!  :thumbsup:

I've done it before, and it did get my cycle started, but not sure if it was a coincidence or not. 

This is how, if you're feeling up to a "DIY experiment" in your vagina.

A parsley pessary (vaginal insert) can aide in softening the cervix, helping it to open, to prepare for release. Fresh parsley comes in a bunch, many sprigs tied together, you can remove the larger part of the stem just below the first leaf joint, this will make it more comfortable. Don't pick the leaves off the main stem, it just makes it that much smaller and harder to remove. Just leave the leaf as it is, and take off the bigger part of the stem.

When I made my pessaries, I used 3 or 4 sprigs of the fresh herb, I've read that you can wrap it in cheese cloth, or tie a string to the stems to help you get them out, but i didn't find that necessary. I just pushed the parsley leaves in as far as i could, right next to my cervix, (which feels rounded and kind of hard, the consistency is kind of like the end of your nose. (just a little cervix info)

It felt bulky at first, but the leaves will soften from your body heat. You may notice a parsley smell, or taste in your mouth after a while. I changed it every 12 hours, twice a day, especially leaving it in over night.

When it came time to remove it, i just reached in with two fingers and scooped it out, checking it for any blood, then discarding. Repeating the process.

http://www.sisterzeus.com/Parsley.htm

WR,

Are you late or PMSing?

Bennie

I got it last night.  It's intense, heavy, horrible today.  I did not induce with parsley.  Just posting here yesterday made my cervix relax apparently.

I got it last night.  It's intense, heavy, horrible today.  I did not induce with parsley.  Just posting here yesterday made my cervix relax apparently.

Sorry it's so painful. I hope you feel better soon. Was it on time then?

Thanks.  It's on "taper" time,  so 25-day cycle. My bp gets so low, vision blurry, etc.  About every three months I get hit with a doozie.

Thanks.  It's on "taper" time,  so 25-day cycle. My bp gets so low, vision blurry, etc.  About every three months I get hit with a doozie.

Damn.

:'(

Lay low then.

Big hug,

Bennie

:smitten:

Hi ladies,

I have not had a period since May, and thought I was in menopause and then lo and behold thee days ago I get a regular period. My OCD has taken off in a bad way...is this normal? I guess nothing (and everything) is normal, right?

Thanks,

SC

Hello

I am a regular on the K Klub but was told that I may get a better answer here.  I am 47 and my gyno has suggested I start a low dose bc pill to help with my nightsweats, occasional ovarian cysts, and flashes and smooth out the perimenopause symptoms.  I have not taken a bc since in my 20s and had no problem then.  But am leery about starting hormones again after all this time and during taper.  Has anyone tried the all natural approach with Estroven or those products with soy or black cohash?

I really have no idea what to do.  I am thinking not take anything and grit my way through.

Any opinions or experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Lois

Hi Lois,

I would say the BC is a bad idea, only because a lot of women on here that have tried it ended up worse..hopefully someone else can chime in :)

Hi Lois,

I would say the BC is a bad idea, only because a lot of women on here that have tried it ended up worse..hopefully someone else can chime in :)

Thanks Jenny..I am definitely holding off for now.  All my samples will just sit for now. :)

Lois

Haven't posted in a while, but wanted to share some things I have recently been doing that are helping me tremendously.  No drugs!  My PMS and period went BANANAS after my cold turkey 4 years ago ago and I've been working on balancing my hormones in all kinds of ways ever since.  Not an easy or quick task!  Some of my symptoms were/are: irregular cycle, heavy bleeding, bleeding for a long time, breast tenderness, painful cramping, 2 week long PMS/PMDD - rage, craziness, mood swings, etc.  Hope you find at least one of these tips that helps you!  ;)

1)Seed cycling is pretty easy - it's just eating the right seeds at the right times!  Day 1-14 of my cycle I eat 1 tbsp ground flax seeds (usually in a smoothie or soup, or on a salad or wrap) and 1 tbsp of pumpkin seeds per day.  No fish oil because I can't tolerate it (it's overstimulating).  Days 15-28 I eat 1 tbsp sunflower seeds and take 1 evening primrose cap per day.  This takes a couple months but I truly believe it's helping. I started this at the same time as the gelatin squares and saw a huge improvement in my horrible 2 week mood/irritability issue (PMS/PMDD), and in regulating when my cycle starts.  I hope to see more improvements to come with my other symptoms. 

http://tummytemple.com/vitality/seed-cycling-for-natural-hormonal-balance.html

2) Recipe for Tulsi Tea (aka holy basil) Gelatin Squares.  I thought these looked weird and would taste bad but I finally made them and they weren't weird or bad at all!  I recommend the raspberry peach flavor by Organic India and Great Lakes Gelatin in the red cannister (which is cheaper than the one she recommends).  These are easy to have as a snack or dessert.  I cut them into 8 squares and have at least 1 square a day, sometimes 2.  I started this at the same time as the seeds so I'm not sure which are doing what but something is definitely working!  You can find the tea and gelatin on Amazon or possibly in your grocery or health store but I'll add the link to where I buy them cheaply below. 

http://empoweredsustenance.com/tulsi-gelee-for-natural-hormone-healing/

3) I also practice Lunaception.  Bear with me, I know it sounds nutty and mystical... but I was open to trying anything, especially easy and free things!  Lunaception is just using complete darkness at night when you go to bed (which is more beneficial for sleep anyway) and then night lights during the full moon.  This naturally and gently regulates your cycle by balancing your hormones.  Think of how easily melatonin can be disrupted by watching tv or a computer screen at night.  I suspect this is the same kind of idea cyclically with your sex hormones.  Side note: I always consider my Day 1 for starting my seeds as the first night of the new moon too.  You can find moon calendars online.  I then note the new and full moons on my own calendar so I know when to start which seeds and use my night light.  I was bleeding on and off anyway so I didn't know when Day 1 of my cycle really was plus I liked the double whammy approach to balancing my hormones using the seed cycling plus the light/moon.

http://empoweredsustenance.com/balance-hormones-with-moon/

4) This was one of the first approaches I tried after getting off progesterone cream which I stopped because of its cross tolerance to benzos.  Someone actually posted this article on how to raise progesterone naturally here on BB but I'm sorry, I can't remember who.  Thanks person, whoever you are!  I think I re-posted it in this thread before too but I'll include it again.  After reading this, I started taking Vitamin C, Vitamin E, and selenium.  I know I should probably take B6 too but I get overstimulated by B vitamins.  I also eat low carb and watch my insulin sensitivity - I'll provide a link about that as well.  I know a lot of people in wd have insulin issues arise. 

https://sites.google.com/site/miscarriageresearch/hormones-and-miscarriage/progesterone-research/how-to-increase-progesterone

http://drhyman.com/blog/2014/08/18/one-test-doctor-isnt-save-life/

5) Finally, as per this article from one of my favorite docs on how to balance hormones naturally,  1) I'm eating coconut oil, avocados and 2) an adaptogenic herb, holy basil aka the tulsi tea that I mentioned above.  3) I avoid oils high in omega 6, like canola and peanut.  I eat only grass-fed meats and dairy.  4) I'm working on healing my gut with things like bone broth/collagen powder and fermented veggies (better than they sound!)  5) I've switched to all non-toxic home and personal care products.  7) Sleep is still evasive but I plan to try a daylight lamp (found on Amazon for $59).  8) My caffeine in-take is very limited: only one cup of de-caf coffee in the am, the naturally non-caffeinated tulsi tea/gelatin, and the occasional piece of dark chocolate (even though I could eat a whole pound!).  9) And I supplement with D3.  Most of the tips in this article are beneficial to your health in many many ways! 

http://draxe.com/10-ways-balance-hormones-naturally/

Thrive Market is where I get a ton of my pantry staples, some supplements, and organic supplies for wholesale prices.  It's where I get my tulsi tea and gelatin, which is cheaper and healthier than Jell-o gelatin that you find in the store.  I save SO much money through them!  Way cheaper than anywhere else I can get the same products and they also always offer discounts and give you free full sized trials of different products every month.  You can try it for the first month for free!  After that you pay a yearly fee like BJs or Costco but even after the fee I save hundreds and hundreds of dollars.  And if you are a low-income family you can apply for a free yearly membership by emailing them.  I can't say enough good things about this company.  Check them out! 

http://thrv.me/zSdiF3

Okay, I know I posted A LOT of info and have tried and am doing A LOT of different things.  This has been my journey of finding what works for me with trial and error over several years, so don't get overwhelmed or discouraged!  I truly believe there are answers and healing for all of us, as different as our bodies may be! Look through the info, see what makes sense for you.  If I had to pick just 2 things I think have helped me the most, it would be the seed cycling and the tulsi tea gelatin.  I wish someone had told me about those years ago!

Good luck, sisters!

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't posted in a while, but wanted to share some things I have recently been doing that are helping me tremendously.  No drugs!  My PMS and period went BANANAS after my cold turkey 4 years ago ago and I've been working on balancing my hormones in all kinds of ways ever since.  Not an easy or quick task!  Some of my symptoms were/are: irregular cycle, heavy bleeding, bleeding for a long time, breast tenderness, painful cramping, 2 week long PMS/PMDD - rage, craziness, mood swings, etc.  Hope you find at least one of these tips that helps you!  ;)

1)Seed cycling is pretty easy - it's just eating the right seeds at the right times!  Day 1-14 of my cycle I eat 1 tbsp ground flax seeds (usually in a smoothie or soup, or on a salad or wrap) and 1 tbsp of pumpkin seeds per day.  No fish oil because I can't tolerate it (it's overstimulating).  Days 15-28 I eat 1 tbsp sunflower seeds and take 1 evening primrose cap per day.  This takes a couple months but I truly believe it's helping. I started this at the same time as the gelatin squares and saw a huge improvement in my horrible 2 week mood/irritability issue (PMS/PMDD), and in regulating when my cycle starts.  I hope to see more improvements to come with my other symptoms. 

http://tummytemple.com/vitality/seed-cycling-for-natural-hormonal-balance.html

2) Recipe for Tulsi Tea (aka holy basil) Gelatin Squares.  I thought these looked weird and would taste bad but I finally made them and they weren't weird or bad at all!  I recommend the raspberry peach flavor by Organic India and Great Lakes Gelatin in the red cannister (which is cheaper than the one she recommends).  These are easy to have as a snack or dessert.  I cut them into 8 squares and have at least 1 square a day, sometimes 2.  I started this at the same time as the seeds so I'm not sure which are doing what but something is definitely working!  You can find the tea and gelatin on Amazon or possibly in your grocery or health store but I'll add the link to where I buy them cheaply below. 

http://empoweredsustenance.com/tulsi-gelee-for-natural-hormone-healing/

3) I also practice Lunaception.  Bear with me, I know it sounds nutty and mystical... but I was open to trying anything, especially easy and free things!  Lunaception is just using complete darkness at night when you go to bed (which is more beneficial for sleep anyway) and then night lights during the full moon.  This naturally and gently regulates your cycle by balancing your hormones.  Think of how easily melatonin can be disrupted by watching tv or a computer screen at night.  I suspect this is the same kind of idea cyclically with your sex hormones.  Side note: I always consider my Day 1 for starting my seeds as the first night of the new moon too.  You can find moon calendars online.  I then note the new and full moons on my own calendar so I know when to start which seeds and use my night light.  I was bleeding on and off anyway so I didn't know when Day 1 of my cycle really was plus I liked the double whammy approach to balancing my hormones using the seed cycling plus the light/moon.

http://empoweredsustenance.com/balance-hormones-with-moon/

4) This was one of the first approaches I tried after getting off progesterone cream which I stopped because of its cross tolerance to benzos.  Someone actually posted this article on how to raise progesterone naturally here on BB but I'm sorry, I can't remember who.  Thanks person, whoever you are!  I think I re-posted it in this thread before too but I'll include it again.  After reading this, I started taking Vitamin C, Vitamin E, and selenium.  I know I should probably take B6 too but I get overstimulated by B vitamins.  I also eat low carb and watch my insulin sensitivity - I'll provide a link about that as well.  I know a lot of people in wd have insulin issues arise. 

https://sites.google.com/site/miscarriageresearch/hormones-and-miscarriage/progesterone-research/how-to-increase-progesterone

http://drhyman.com/blog/2014/08/18/one-test-doctor-isnt-save-life/

5) Finally, as per this article from one of my favorite docs on how to balance hormones naturally,  1) I'm eating coconut oil, avocados and 2) an adaptogenic herb, holy basil aka the tulsi tea that I mentioned above.  3) I avoid oils high in omega 6, like canola and peanut.  I eat only grass-fed meats and dairy.  4) I'm working on healing my gut with things like bone broth/collagen powder and fermented veggies (better than they sound!)  5) I've switched to all non-toxic home and personal care products.  7) Sleep is still evasive but I plan to try a daylight lamp (found on Amazon for $59).  8) My caffeine in-take is very limited: only one cup of de-caf coffee in the am, the naturally non-caffeinated tulsi tea/gelatin, and the occasional piece of dark chocolate (even though I could eat a whole pound!).  9) And I supplement with D3.  Most of the tips in this article are beneficial to your health in many many ways! 

http://draxe.com/10-ways-balance-hormones-naturally/

Thrive Market is where I get a ton of my pantry staples, some supplements, and organic supplies for wholesale prices.  It's where I get my tulsi tea and gelatin, which is cheaper and healthier than Jell-o gelatin that you find in the store.  I save SO much money through them!  Way cheaper than anywhere else I can get the same products and they also always offer discounts and give you free full sized trials of different products every month.  You can try it for the first month for free!  After that you pay a yearly fee like BJs or Costco but even after the fee I save hundreds and hundreds of dollars.  And if you are a low-income family you can apply for a free yearly membership by emailing them.  I can't say enough good things about this company.  Check them out! 

http://thrv.me/zSdiF3

Okay, I know I posted A LOT of info and have tried and am doing A LOT of different things.  This has been my journey of finding what works for me with trial and error over several years, so don't get overwhelmed or discouraged!  I truly believe there are answers and healing for all of us, as different as our bodies may be! Look through the info, see what makes sense for you.  If I had to pick just 2 things I think have helped me the most, it would be the seed cycling and the tulsi tea gelatin.  I wish someone had told me about those years ago!

Good luck, sisters!

Thank you for posting all of this info.

• 4 weeks later...

I know it has been a little while since anyone was active on this board, but hopefully this message makes it to someone. I have been going through the pages of this thread but can't really find what I'm looking for. I'm sure it's somewhere, but my brain isn't well enough to search the 98 pages.

so basically my period has always been irregular since i stopped taking birth control over 5 years ago. they range anywhere from 30-45 days apart. when i do get my period, it's always about 4-5 days long. never longer. it's moderately heavy the first two days, then tapers away and by day 6 it is completely gone. this has not changed, it's always been that length of time.

when i stopped taking klonopin my periods began to get further apart, but still only 5 days long. the past few months, they are slowly going back to 30-33 days apart. i took this as possibly a good sign.

so my last period started two weeks ago, of course bringing on a HELL of a wave as usual.

heavy the first two days, tapering off the next couple.

except here is the thing, it never went away. it stayed. for 13 whole days i continued to have a light period. this has never happened in my life.

today, on day 14, my period started up again in full force.

nothing like this has happened to me.

i am sure this must have something to do with the wave i have been in the last few weeks.

i'm guessing my hormones are just all sorts of wacky.

has anyone experienced this or read somewhere about someone else experiencing this.

i have read a few people say their period was two weeks apart, but this one has never stopped and just began to get heavy again.

damn menses  >:(:tickedoff:

Hi BB,

This has happened to me....it's awful b/c I experience a big uptick when my hormones change. However, although this has happened to quite a few of us, I would recommended going to see your GP or OB/GYN to rule out any other problems. Irregular periods or periods that suddenly change are cause for a check-up, IMO.

Hope you feel better soon  :-[

Hey there,

Withdrawals have definitely messed up my period. Of course ovulation and pms always cause symptoms to be worse but my period started to do weird things at about a year off. It was pretty regular then all of a sudden it was coming like every two weeks for a while and then I'd have spotting during the month and now it's getting pretty regular again. I just always feel that this process targets different parts of your body as it heals. I've had months where my stomach was upset (which has been getting better), Cortisol surges (which has been getting better), nerve pain (which has been getting better) and all kinds of other symptoms that have gotten better over time including my period. I'm not quite there yet but symptoms just don't seem as intense anymore as time goes on. Even the uptick in withdrawal symptoms during ovulation and pms have been getting better. I remember for a few months I'd have cramps, sore boobs, ovarian cysts, drowsiness, anxiety, sweet cravings and all other pms symptoms from ovulation until my period started which made pms seem like it lasted foreevver. I think your body will calm down soon and regulate itself. However, like Kiddo said, it's never a bad thing to go for a check up at the docs. It's always reassuring that nothing else is going on.

Hey there my dear ladies! After a few months of pure hell I decided to check into this group. I've been off of K for 8 months now and my lady symptoms (sorry I'm a bit prim and proper) have been horrific since my last dose. The first two days of my period I literally cannot move I am in so much pain, especially in my booty and leg area. Is this normal?

Benzofoe,

Does your butt and legs hurt from cramps? If so, that has been a huge problem for me also. I'm sorry you're still suffering at 8 months off.

I think it's cramps but I'm not sure? I'm having these crazy pains in my side/butt/hip area and upper thighs if that makes any sense. Never had it in my life until a few months ago. It has started happening nearly every month since I've stopped Clonazepam. I've never had issues with my period before so like everything else it seems like it may be K related. The first two days of my period it literally feels like I'm paralyzed and can't walk! Ugh!

I've had 5 days of pure hell with withdrawl symptoms and just went to the bathroom and boom... Period! I came straight back to this site to see what the role of hormones is withdrawl. I was fully convinced this was the worse day I've had since early c/t.

You ladies sure made me feel so much more normal!!

I have never had PMS ever in my life. I know I'm lucky, but all my symptoms feel 2x worse than a week ago.

Also I have had very little appetite for the last 4-5 days and this is really really not like me.

I don't have any cramps or breast tenderness and the period was a surprise to me but I believe this is so because I've been working out a LOT to combat these horrible symptoms.

So any of you have no appetite before period? Is that normal? First time for this kind of symptom since c/t and I'm just wondering if it is because of the hormones.

Phew I feel almost normal from reading a few pages! 😘

Ang - I've been the same way for the past few months. Not having an appetite before my period seemed odd which is why I started noticing it because it seemed so weird. Despite being on BC for a million years (I was supposed to be married on Saturday - that's an entirely different story) my periods have been erratic since I stopped K c/t. It's been a bit of a roller coaster to say the least.

• 5 years later...
Hi Ladies, I used to be on this thread a lot and wanted to come back and tell you that ramping up of symptoms due to my period is a thing of the past. It really does even out and get better so hang in there all. I know it doesn’t seem like it while in the throes of this but it really will lift and get better ❤️‍🩹

• 1 month later...

hi group,

was wondering if anyone had some thoughts/advice?  I am 51 and tapering off Xanax.  my period this month was ten days late and I am in day two of my cycle and feel like my symptoms are nearly acute level.  last weekend I was able to fully participate in life, then two days before I started things went south and now, as of today, they feel even worse.  has anyone else experienced in perimenopause, after a period being late that your symptoms are much worse when the period does arrive?

[dc...]