The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Does anyone get chest heaviness or discomfort pain in rib cage before periods??

I get that a lot.  All my symptoms get worse before periods. 

• 2 weeks later...
when on period do you feel completely finished no energy less then usual? its probably also heavier  flow. last one the same couldn't leave the house as today

Does anyone get chest heaviness or discomfort pain in rib cage before periods??

I get that a lot.  All my symptoms get worse before periods.

It's very horrible all the time... I just wonder when I will actually heal from this

when on period do you feel completely finished no energy less then usual? its probably also heavier  flow. last one the same couldn't leave the house as today

Yes.. I feel completely drained out even of my flow is very less. I am glued to the bed most of time. Before this medicine disaster I never had faced this much of symptoms

• 2 weeks later...

I just made a post and then found this group.

There's one particular symptom I'm having issues with: I keep getting this weird, physical "rush" that goes through my body and head. It feels like something is building up in my head and body and something is "happening"-it almost feels light and airy. If I wasn't terrified, it might feel nice. It stays around and just makes me feel different and then I feel scared.

I very truthfully thought I was having a stroke or migraine the first few times it happened. I noticed it started happening during times when estrogen was peaking, so I'm wondering if anyone else gets this with hormones, or maybe migraines or a straight-up adrenaline rush/mini panic attack?

I've had a billion tests throughout this process, not knowing it was withdrawal at first, and everything has come back as normal. (No signs of stroke, seizure, etc.)

Yes it happens wih me just before my periods starts. The rush is very uncomfortable. I too went for checks on heart brain and what not. It always came negative. It was clear withdrawal symptoms but none of the doctor knows anything about it. So I used to just walk or take deep breathing to help and watch or do anything to distract myself. Even after five months after poison bezo my periods still drive me nuts

I'm so sorry about your sx.  This WD is so strange.  So I'm getting a heavy period every 3 weeks.  Anyone else? 

Thats weird. Mine got extended to 5 weeks and very light period. But symptoms magnifies like anything. It's freaking weird.

hey guys,

anyone here tend to get worse symptoms as their period is ending -- like day 5 through 8?  I get some PMS too -- but it seems that it really hits me with crazy hard anxiety day 5-8 of my cycle.  anyone know why?  thanks!

hey guys,

anyone here tend to get worse symptoms as their period is ending -- like day 5 through 8?  I get some PMS too -- but it seems that it really hits me with crazy hard anxiety day 5-8 of my cycle.  anyone know why?  thanks!

Yes, I've had that.  I can't figure out why that would happen.  I have some ideas but no clear answers.  You would think you'd feel worse during the first days, not the last.

hey guys,

Yes I have had it. It's really crazy but I guess it has to do with hormones mixing with disruption caused due to benzo drug. But anyways it make sure my days are hell  :'(

I see this group isn't very active lately.  Well, I have reached a goal today - in 9 months, I have hit .5 mgs clonazepam, 75% off my original prescribed dose.  It's also the dose where I was planning to do a long hold.  Since reading for hours and hours on Benzobiddies and other Benzo-related media, I decided to keep going to .25 mgs. 

The reason I want to hold is that I am still working full time, & still setting up house in a small town 100 miles away from the city where I was born and have spent  about 85% of my life in.  I have no financial support other than my FT job, so can't take a year or so to stay at home to jump off the clon and then recover until I am 62 & spouse and I get Social Security.  (We are both 59 1/2 years old.)

I am wondering if anyone here was able to alternate between long holds (6 months) mixed with periods of super slow tapering?  I keep getting the warning that if you hold too long, you will go through tolerance withdrawals.  On the other hand, I have read plenty of stories of those who used .25 mgs Clonazepam, or the equivalent in Valium, for insomnia and did it for decades without increasing their dose.  I am not planning on decades, just a year or two. 

Hello All,

I have not been here is a while (I jumped in August of 2021).  My advice would be to hold as long as you need , your body will let you know when you are ready to make your next cut.  I held for months before I felt strong enough to cut every week or every couple of weeks. It is best to let your body adjust to the reductions and not be in a hurry to be done with it.  Once off the symptoms continued and intensified at some points.  I guess may refer this to waves.

You have made amazing progress, keep up the great work.  Before you know it, this will all be a thing of the past!

Day 4, panic attack burning everywhere and continually burning thighs since it started, hate periods

I hate them too.  I ended up in the ER this last one because my stomach pain got so extreme.  Everything gets so much worse!

Day 4, panic attack burning everywhere and continually burning thighs since it started, hate periods

I hate them too.  I ended up in the ER this last one because my stomach pain got so extreme.  Everything gets so much worse!

I cant take it anymore. Even my vision is messed up

I cant take it anymore. Even my vision is messed up

Hugs to you!  I wish I could do something to help!

I see this group isn't very active lately.  Well, I have reached a goal today - in 9 months, I have hit .5 mgs clonazepam, 75% off my original prescribed dose.  It's also the dose where I was planning to do a long hold.  Since reading for hours and hours on Benzobiddies and other Benzo-related media, I decided to keep going to .25 mgs. 

The reason I want to hold is that I am still working full time, & still setting up house in a small town 100 miles away from the city where I was born and have spent  about 85% of my life in.  I have no financial support other than my FT job, so can't take a year or so to stay at home to jump off the clon and then recover until I am 62 & spouse and I get Social Security.  (We are both 59 1/2 years old.)

I am wondering if anyone here was able to alternate between long holds (6 months) mixed with periods of super slow tapering?  I keep getting the warning that if you hold too long, you will go through tolerance withdrawals.  On the other hand, I have read plenty of stories of those who used .25 mgs Clonazepam, or the equivalent in Valium, for insomnia and did it for decades without increasing their dose.  I am not planning on decades, just a year or two.

Ivy, it seems like you’re doing great! I haven’t been here in ages either but pop in now and again. I’m down to .75mg and have been holding since October. For me, my body seems to be okay with long holds and I feel like I’m healing before I make my next cut (prob to .5 and hold there indefinitely). Def stay strong and listen to your body! :)

Thank you here for help.

I think I better look into the microtaper...

Started to taper again after a long hold at 11.5mg V. I thought I would taper at 0.25mg every three weeks. Everything appeared to go well until end of week 6. Then it has gone crazy mental.

I am now sitting on 11mg but I feel awful - no appetite, little sleep, upset stomach, not wanting to go outside but the worst is how incredibly low i feel. To the point where i wonder if this is insurmountable.

Will sitting still for a bit help settle this or do people push on through?

The only reason I can think it is so bad is that no reductions been made since last summer and stress.

Any positive and helpful comments would be appreciated.

Thanks

I hope folk on here can reassure us. Also are most people micro tapering? I am still cutting and holding.

Many of us are doing a daily micro taper (DMT) as we were no longer able to cut and hold without severe symptoms, but I'm sure just as many (if not more) are doing cutting and holding. In my case, I had cut down to 0.750 mg K and could not taper any further. The final cut and hold from .813 mg resulted in some symptoms I didn't want to experience again, because I knew, inevitably, They would be at a higher magnitude with the sure possibility of others due to the higher percentage cut that would've been next. I'm down to .580 mg now doing a dry DMT with a lab/analytical scale. I tried two different liquid forms (one compounded) that did not work for me. I would suggest trying a DMT if other methods, like cut and hold, have been a struggle thus far.

I hope folk on here can reassure us. Also are most people micro tapering? I am still cutting and holding.

Many of us are doing a daily micro taper (DMT) as we were no longer able to cut and hold without severe symptoms, but I'm sure just as many (if not more) are doing cutting and holding. In my case, I had cut down to 0.750 mg K and could not taper any further. The final cut and hold from .813 mg resulted in some symptoms I didn't want to experience again, because I knew, inevitably, They would be at a higher magnitude with the sure possibility of others due to the higher percentage cut that would've been next. I'm down to .580 mg now doing a dry DMT with a lab/analytical scale. I tried two different liquid forms (one compounded) that did not work for me. I would suggest trying a DMT if other methods, like cut and hold, have been a struggle thus far.

This is the same way I do it. I could not adjust to liquid.

Hello All,

I have not been here is a while (I jumped in August of 2021).  My advice would be to hold as long as you need , your body will let you know when you are ready to make your next cut.  I held for months before I felt strong enough to cut every week or every couple of weeks. It is best to let your body adjust to the reductions and not be in a hurry to be done with it.  Once off the symptoms continued and intensified at some points.  I guess may refer this to waves.

You have made amazing progress, keep up the great work.  Before you know it, this will all be a thing of the past!

How are you doing now?

Thank you. Do you have or know where I can find clear instructions on how to do it?

Do you make up capsules or just file as you go? How much do reduce each day?

This is the same way I do it. I could not adjust to liquid.

I take Librium now my pills are a powder in capsules so I cut them open weigh the powder and then recapsule it. When I was on k I did a combo of cutting and filing that worked pretty well. There is also a YouTube video on crushing your klonopin into powder and then weighing the powder that might be good but I would give yourself time to adjust to crushed medication if that is what you do because I believe it is metabolized faster but I am very sensitive to any change. Also bob07 on here has a method you may want to look into. Liquid maybe great for you just I couldn’t do it.

Thank you fruity pop! I am also super sensitive and have had to work hard to try and keep the same brands. Hence my concern about liquid as well.

Anyone got examples of a valium solid table taper please?

I take Librium now my pills are a powder in capsules so I cut them open weigh the powder and then recapsule it. When I was on k I did a combo of cutting and filing that worked pretty well. There is also a YouTube video on crushing your klonopin into powder and then weighing the powder that might be good but I would give yourself time to adjust to crushed medication if that is what you do because I believe it is metabolized faster but I am very sensitive to any change. Also bob07 on here has a method you may want to look into. Liquid maybe great for you just I couldn’t do it.

[c6...]