The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

I’m having a horrible time with everything this month!!

So bad. Akathisia is back around my period, that had been gone for a year!!

I get horrible headaches after I eat that go on for hours.

For how long are people seeing increased symptoms with their cycle

I’m on day 8 and it’s still soooo bad!!

I don’t think I’ll make it through this.

How will I ever get off this evil drug, if this happens every single month.

Winnie

Hello, everyone.  Reposting from my introduction topic.  http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=262404.0

In April, I had severe pain around my period accompanied by a lot of gas. I never experienced anything other than normal minor cramps before that. In June, I had to have surgery for a large ruptured ovarian cyst, lost my right ovary and was diagnosed with endometriosis. I saw some posts on here that made me wonder whether the cysts could be related.

I know no one can tell me whether to continue my taper or to pause it, but the idea that the medicine could be causing this is concerning me, especially as I have experienced minor but unusual for me pain during my period along with general gas pain, extreme feelings of unwellness ,excessive tiredness even outside of my period along with cognitive fog and painful headaches I have not had previously. Has anyone experienced similar health issues and if so what worked for you?  Did continuing to taper slowly help? Did any of you have success finding a doctor that is knowledgeable about tapering and how it might work with other medical issues? If so, how did you locate them? Thank you so much in advance.

I’m having a horrible time with everything this month!!

So bad. Akathisia is back around my period, that had been gone for a year!!

I get horrible headaches after I eat that go on for hours.

For how long are people seeing increased symptoms with their cycle

I’m on day 8 and it’s still soooo bad!!

I don’t think I’ll make it through this.

How will I ever get off this evil drug, if this happens every single month.

Winnie

I'm really sorry!  I feel your pain.  My period turns me into a crazy person.  Not looking forward to it. 

Hello, everyone.  Reposting from my introduction topic.  http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=262404.0

In April, I had severe pain around my period accompanied by a lot of gas. I never experienced anything other than normal minor cramps before that. In June, I had to have surgery for a large ruptured ovarian cyst, lost my right ovary and was diagnosed with endometriosis. I saw some posts on here that made me wonder whether the cysts could be related.

I know no one can tell me whether to continue my taper or to pause it, but the idea that the medicine could be causing this is concerning me, especially as I have experienced minor but unusual for me pain during my period along with general gas pain, extreme feelings of unwellness ,excessive tiredness even outside of my period along with cognitive fog and painful headaches I have not had previously. Has anyone experienced similar health issues and if so what worked for you?  Did continuing to taper slowly help? Did any of you have success finding a doctor that is knowledgeable about tapering and how it might work with other medical issues? If so, how did you locate them? Thank you so much in advance.

The stress from withdrawal can definitely mess up your hormones.  I've heard of others developing ovarian cysts in withdrawal too.  Hopefully it won't happen again and once you're healed from this mess, your hormones will start to balance out again. 

I’ve just been diagnosed with ovarian and fibroid cysts

They could only see my right one, well this month, I was in so much pain that I thought I was dying.

I had to take an Advil and I swear it was a ruptured cyst or a kidney stone.

These drugs are poison.

You are close to being off, the hormones should stabilize after that.

I’m 49, so probably no hope for me.

I’m trapped in hell

Winnie

I’ve just been diagnosed with ovarian and fibroid cysts

They could only see my right one, well this month, I was in so much pain that I thought I was dying.

I had to take an Advil and I swear it was a ruptured cyst or a kidney stone.

These drugs are poison.

You are close to being off, the hormones should stabilize after that.

I’m 49, so probably no hope for me.

I’m trapped in hell

Winnie

The stress from withdrawal can definitely mess up your hormones.  I've heard of others developing ovarian cysts in withdrawal too.  Hopefully it won't happen again and once you're healed from this mess, your hormones will start to balance out again.

I'm so sorry you guys are going through so much. It both makes me incredibly angry and sad on the one hand and relieved on the other that this has happened to more than just me.

Idk but as I approach my cycle I feel more exhausted and have more physical wacky sxs like my vision is off, and my usual vestibular issues more pronounced and  feel weakened will this improve with time? so tired

hi group,

needing some support --- I am 51 and still get my period nearly every 27-30 days.  I started my period this morning and my depression is --- well, its really bad -- lots of SI, lots of weird, racing negative doom/gloom thoughts --- feel very agitated and already bad cramps.  I have been holding my 1mg of Xanax taper x 3 months waiting for some stabilization -- up until yesterday this past week was able to get out and run a few errands, walk a mile and half, etc ---- now back in bad and just feel so acute.

I also moved ten days ago and have had couple relational hiccups over the last two weeks -- I didn't feel stress at the time, but maybe it is catching up to me two weeks later?

thanks for your support

hi group,

needing some support --- I am 51 and still get my period nearly every 27-30 days.  I started my period this morning and my depression is --- well, its really bad -- lots of SI, lots of weird, racing negative doom/gloom thoughts --- feel very agitated and already bad cramps.  I have been holding my 1mg of Xanax taper x 3 months waiting for some stabilization -- up until yesterday this past week was able to get out and run a few errands, walk a mile and half, etc ---- now back in bad and just feel so acute.

I also moved ten days ago and have had couple relational hiccups over the last two weeks -- I didn't feel stress at the time, but maybe it is catching up to me two weeks later?

thanks for your support

I get horrible depression with my period too.  It throws me right back into acute.  It's so hard to deal with.  I'm right there with you.  So sorry you're dealing with this.

fruity pop

I can relate --- day 23 of an updose (pretty large one) and in MANY ways I feel worse.  that said, I am holding on to the experiences of others -- namely, valium's story.  I, too, never thought in a million years I would consider checking out of this world and yet those have been my thoughts now for too many weeks.  I am going to slow down, recognize maybe we get worse before we get better, recognize that my system is quite injured and as much as my increasingly painful symptoms make me want to rush off ----- I have to think logically that my crashed system will only get worse if I don't slow the heck down for a while and let it heal.  one thing I have unfortunately learned the hard way in this -- is just when you think it can't get possibly worse- - it can.  My benzo 'coach' listened to his family and because his detox off a smaller amount of k was so painful, he went to detox and was CT in a week --- is now polydrugged and spent THREE AND A HALF YEARS pacing 12 hours a day in agonizing akathesia.  he didn't think it could get much worse prior to the bottom dropping out and entereing hell. 

I have read through your thread and you have been through the ringer too -- Xanax, ambien, a CT, a reinstatement, two transitions to get you to L followed by a slow taper and it doesn't seem fair that there is still more suffering to be had.  I can relate -- I've been at this since 2016 when it all started by going on Xanax after being floxed by an antibiotic. 

as bad as my terror, fear, intrusive thoughts and inability to function in life -- ironically, I know it could still get worse.

I've decided to sit my butt on my bed and ride this out for at least 3-4 months --- then I can see if I need to make a different decision or continue to hold out in good faith. 

as a wise man recently told me -- the sad thing is that once you have turned into a pickle, you can't go back to being a cucumber.  while it is not our fault we have become pickles, we are pickles nonetheless.  I can't dream of going back to being a cucumber but I can dream and pray we heal enough to one day be the most delicious, desired pickle in all the land.  one that can work, love, drive, play, and feel joy and peace again.  we can do this!

Hi 300-

Could you read these posts from August please. The post in this page from me on Aug 27 and 29.

Hi everyone,

Ever since I quit benzo I had bad time dealing with this periods days. It stretches from before few days of cycle and continue till after some days of last day of period. I had varied symptoms but although they reduced over three months I still suffer from chest heaviness during this time.

Does anyone feel chest heaviness during these days? Or I am having some other issues? I got my ecg echo Doppler done already and they are clear. What should I do now? I am very scared.

My period has ended and now I am unable to sleep like I had been during my period. I keep getting hypnic jerks which I can't handle. I think I got about 2 hours of sleep last night before waking up with such anxiety.

I felt so much better right before my period and during most of it.

My period has ended and now I am unable to sleep like I had been during my period. I keep getting hypnic jerks which I can't handle. I think I got about 2 hours of sleep last night before waking up with such anxiety.

I felt so much better right before my period and during most of it.

Did you bleed a lot?  I wonder if it could be anemia that's causing it?  Also, I notice for myself that my estrogen levels go way up right after my period because ovulation comes right on the heels of it.  So that's another possibility. 

I was doing ok relatively, but suddenly I got hit with sxs I realized I have been reducing 1-2% more every2 weeks I just kept going, now I feel Drunk, high, my vision and coordination are off my vestibular issues are more pronounced, nausea, low energy I don't know what to do, except to hold and stabilize, I thought maybe to up dose?

I recommend holding until you feel stable.  Then make smaller cuts as you move forward.  I know it's hard to hold but it's better than going backwards.  Just my opinion.  Good luck to you.  You're going to make it.

I recommend holding until you feel stable.  Then make smaller cuts as you move forward.  I know it's hard to hold but it's better than going backwards.  Just my opinion.  Good luck to you.  You're going to make it.

thank you I needed that!

can ovulation make your vestibular sxs worst? dizzines, spinning?

It can make anything related to the CNS worse because of how it affects stress hormones.  A lot of women have a wave around ovulation.

Absolutely. I have a wave every time I ovulate. Estrogen peaks, and as it settles down in the luteal phase, so do my symptoms.

Thank you both for your responses

I agree with Gingermint, Bonty. Hold till you feel better, (and you will), and then start again.  I made lots of mistakes during tapering and I still made it off.

Hang on tight and keep moving forward as you are ready. You will be glad you did. 

I have it more during ovulation, but it can really show up anytime. I think mine is reflux related…also hormonally driven. Bless it! I bought a little finger pulse oximeter for peace of mind, and it does help.

Beauty

[1d...]