The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

So I guess I need to vent.

My period being late is causing so much upheaval and mayhem.  How can I even describe it?  At my worst, I am in utter anguish with inner vibrations, shaking, bawling, pacing, rocking.  It's horrific.  I guess that describes a panic attack, right?  Yes, I had a monster panic attack this morning.  Right now I'm hunkered down in bed exhausted and wired at the same time.  And the depression is almost unbearable.  I'm chewing some ginger right now, and that has lightened it a little bit.  I feel like this has given me PTSD. 

It's a horrific reminder of all the trauma I experienced getting off benzos in the past and it's very, very difficult today to remain positive.  I've been like miss Pollyanna on the BBs lately trying to be encouraging to others since I came through so much horror in the past and got better.  Now here I am just as scared as everyone else.  I know when I have a better day, I'll be able to think clearly.  But today it is not possible. 

My period being late is causing so much upheaval and mayhem.  How can I even describe it?  At my worst, I am in utter anguish with inner vibrations, shaking, bawling, pacing, rocking.  It's horrific.  I guess that describes a panic attack, right?  Yes, I had a monster panic attack this morning.  Right now I'm hunkered down in bed exhausted and wired at the same time.  And the depression is almost unbearable.  I'm chewing some ginger right now, and that has lightened it a little bit.  I feel like this has given me PTSD. 

It's a horrific reminder of all the trauma I experienced getting off benzos in the past and it's very, very difficult today to remain positive.  I've been like miss Pollyanna on the BBs lately trying to be encouraging to others since I came through so much horror in the past and got better.  Now here I am just as scared as everyone else.  I know when I have a better day, I'll be able to think clearly.  But today it is not possible.

This is what happens with me during late period. The symptoms go back to square one. :tickedoff:

I have read so many of your posts of encouragement 🤗. But you did right to tell us here what you are feeling now. We are with you and you will pass this phase too... I am sure your cycle will regulate with time. You can do this. We are with you and you are not alone.  :smitten:

This is what happens with me during late period. The symptoms go back to square one. :tickedoff:

I have read so many of your posts of encouragement 🤗. But you did right to tell us here what you are feeling now. We are with you and you will pass this phase too... I am sure your cycle will regulate with time. You can do this. We are with you and you are not alone.  :smitten:

Your kind words mean so much to me right now. Still no period and I'm at the end of another really hard day.  I so hope you are right and this will pass.  :'( :smitten:

Your kind words mean so much to me right now. Still no period and I'm at the end of another really hard day.  I so hope you are right and this will pass.  :'( :smitten:

It will pass. All we need is to stick together and face this  :thumbsup:

It will pass. All we need is to stick together and face this  :thumbsup:

:hug:

Sage, I understand completely! Hitting these bottoms are the worse BUT you have a wonderful support system! We got you! My wife gets hit hard with her period many months and she had a bad one the past few days waking up with swollen face and like a hangover...we don't drink but most can relate to hangovers...

I'm so sorry this is happening to you! You are so encouraging to us all here on BB so now it is time for us to show you love!  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

This too will pass and better days ahead! Hot bath? Valerian?

God bless you!

Sage, I understand completely! Hitting these bottoms are the worse BUT you have a wonderful support system! We got you! My wife gets hit hard with her period many months and she had a bad one the past few days waking up with swollen face and like a hangover...we don't drink but most can relate to hangovers...

I'm so sorry this is happening to you! You are so encouraging to us all here on BB so now it is time for us to show you love!  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

This too will pass and better days ahead! Hot bath? Valerian?

God bless you!

You're kindness and empathy means so much to me right now!  It's so easy to feel really alone in this.  Thank you for the suggestions.  :smitten:

I was at the gynecologist the other day for ovarian cyst issues and I told her I blamed the klonopin for the terrible cramps I had all last year, and she said she had just been at a conference where she was told they could start using klonopin to treat perimenopause because of the way klonopin causes changes in the hypothalamus.  I filled her in on what kinds of changes klonopin caused for me.  What a shame that women are going to be put on this poison to treat a condition that is perfectly natural.

I was at the gynecologist the other day for ovarian cyst issues and I told her I blamed the klonopin for the terrible cramps I had all last year, and she said she had just been at a conference where she was told they could start using klonopin to treat perimenopause because of the way klonopin causes changes in the hypothalamus.  I filled her in on what kinds of changes klonopin caused for me.  What a shame that women are going to be put on this poison to treat a condition that is perfectly natural.

You mean they want to prescribe the klonopin for menstrual cycle?

Hey Winnie,

I'm a bit late to the party, but I too have terrible migraines either before or after my period. Lately it has been a day or two after.

My symptoms usually start with severe fatigue, then brain fogginess, often feel very cold, then the pain starts. If I don't take a tylenol early enough it can get so severe. Sometimes I will throw up because of the nausea.

It's funny, because sometimes I will forget and think I'm getting sick. One time I was sick with worry because I thought I had Covid. I had nausea, stomach upset diarrhea and sore throat and felt so cold. But it was just the lead up to a migraine and awful menstrual cramps.

Ok, I need some help!!

I’m almost 50 and was quite regular until this mess.

My mom didn’t go through menopause until 59!!

So the stupid Ativan/Valium has made everything erratic, so I have no idea when my period is coming.

Does anyone else get migraine headaches or just plain headaches that are very bad just before and the first few days after their period??

Of course my latest cut coincides perfectly with my stupid period.

I was so much better when it was gone for 120 days.

Any ideas on how to treat these things?  I can’t take Advil.

How I’ll I ever get off…..

Hurting Winnie

Hi I just wanted to chime in and say that since a setback I had a year ago (adverse reaction to an antibiotic causing horrible flare of withdrawal symptoms) my hormones have been soooo crazy and bringing horrendous wd symptoms. I’m 48 so perimenopausal but this is just madness. The exhaustion is out of this world. Anxiety night sweats broken sleep cortisol surges leaving me unable to work. What is with the down regulated GABA receptors and hormones going so crazy and is there any way to naturally treat this??

Hi I just wanted to chime in and say that since a setback I had a year ago (adverse reaction to an antibiotic causing horrible flare of withdrawal symptoms) my hormones have been soooo crazy and bringing horrendous wd symptoms. I’m 48 so perimenopausal but this is just madness. The exhaustion is out of this world. Anxiety night sweats broken sleep cortisol surges leaving me unable to work. What is with the down regulated GABA receptors and hormones going so crazy and is there any way to naturally treat this??

The only thing that has helped me with it is a supplement called calcium d-glucarate.  It seems to balance it enough that it's tolerable. 

Of course, right now I have LH Covid and nothing is helping.  I simply didn't have a period this month and I don't know if I ever will again. 

Female hormones have a calming effect on the brain and there is cross tolerance with benzo's. That's why women are more sensitive to begin with when it comes to this drug. Our monthly fluctuations make us more sensitive. I think you can see it as a light form of kindling perhaps. Btw, female hormones do make us more resilient to stress then men in our reproductive years. I am 45 and entering menopause too so it sound familiar. Periods come every 3 weeks on average, and now suddenly I feel like I am getting my period after 5,5 weeks. Did I skip it once? I am not sure. ;)

Gaba is everywhere in out bodies and helps to regulate literally everything from what I understand. It doesn't help that in recovery our bodies our desperately trying to find homeostasis, but monthly hormonal changes challenge this.

On a happy note my cramps were way less this month....:)

Hi Benzopatient, yes she said they were given the green light to use klonopin for issues related to Perimenopause.

What the hell.. they want us to suffer more??? :tickedoff: to hell with these docs

Recently crossed from K to V. The first week was awful. Buzzing, tingling, racing thoughts, panic mixed with sedation. It go better week 2-3. I pushed it a bit faster and crossed all the way to V in about 15 days total because I had time off work. Things felt ok, not great, but ok for the past week or so.

Here comes my first period since crossing over. I’m on day 24 of cycle and I’m buzzing, shaky, nauseated and anxious again. It’s like back to the first crossover day. I can’t get warm, then I have a low grade fever. I feel like I had 7 cups of coffee.

If my private bits could quit buzzing that would help a lot.

😖

Recently crossed from K to V. The first week was awful. Buzzing, tingling, racing thoughts, panic mixed with sedation. It go better week 2-3. I pushed it a bit faster and crossed all the way to V in about 15 days total because I had time off work. Things felt ok, not great, but ok for the past week or so.

Here comes my first period since crossing over. I’m on day 24 of cycle and I’m buzzing, shaky, nauseated and anxious again. It’s like back to the first crossover day. I can’t get warm, then I have a low grade fever. I feel like I had 7 cups of coffee.

If my private bits could quit buzzing that would help a lot.

😖

Hormones are such a problem!  Just when we think we're doing okay, is down the chute again.  My periods have actually stopped, so I have no idea what my hormones are doing.  It's kind of scary. 

glad to find this group - I am 50 and perimenopausal ---- I am due any day but the last five days I have had mild akathisia (no pacing, but grunting/groaning, feel like I am trying to birth the Hulk through my chest, shaking foot, depressed, negative thoughts, suicidal ideation (won't do it).......I can't believe how bad this is.  my withdrawal taper is always bad but I can't take in a breath today -- its scary how much adrenaline or whatever this is has taken over my body and mind --- any body relate?

glad to find this group - I am 50 and perimenopausal ---- I am due any day but the last five days I have had mild akathisia (no pacing, but grunting/groaning, feel like I am trying to birth the Hulk through my chest, shaking foot, depressed, negative thoughts, suicidal ideation (won't do it).......I can't believe how bad this is.  my withdrawal taper is always bad but I can't take in a breath today -- its scary how much adrenaline or whatever this is has taken over my body and mind --- any body relate?

(Raises hand) Me!  I feel that way today.  It's just awful!  The akathisia is my least favorite symptom, just after that, the air hunger and chest tightness.  I'm also perimenopausal and the hormone aspect of this is just killing me.

Can we take anything to balance hormones? Red clover or red raspberry tea? Wild yam? There’s gotta be something safe because this is madness.

Can we take anything to balance hormones? Red clover or red raspberry tea? Wild yam? There’s gotta be something safe because this is madness.

Supplements are always somewhat of a risk in WD, but something that has worked for me is calcium d-glucarate.  I wouldn't do wild yam, too strong.  But raspberry tea might be okay.  I would go slow with introducing anything. 

https://hormonesbalance.com/articles/role-of-calcium-d-glucarate-in-hormone-balance/

[ff...]