The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Hi,

I read that many supplements need tapering of as well. Even an "innocent " like vit.C.

Perhaps stopping or even going CT could have given those bad reactions. Just a thought.

Stay strong!

TS

I had been put on massive doses of vitamins and amino acids by a company called Hardy Nutriitonals out of Canada.  My doc felt that they would help me in my tapering process.  I didn't think to ask the exact mechanism of WHY they might help me.  I had a mild taper but since coming off them, as I have said, I feel I am in acute withdrawal.  Still have one more vitamin left to go (I was taking ten plus six amino acids)....but trying to just hold everything stable and not change anything. 

I would updose but I am not sure how to determine where I should updose as I have NO idea how much they affected my withdrawal or potentiated the action of the meds.  So, I am praying that a long hold might be an answer for me.  I had an evening a few nights ago where I was able to go and pick up cookies and go to my brothers house to see the kids for an hour.  Then the last three days, been bed/couch bound.  its primarily mental symptoms --- depression, anxiety, etc ---- but also intense physical agitation and terrible coming out of my skin feeling as well.

praying time will heal.

thanks guys

Can you say which vitamins and the quantity please? Thanks

CAN BENZO USE CAUSE MENOPAUSE??

I took .5-1.5 clonazapam every night for 9 years. Early on, I remember missing a dose or stopping for a few days and my period would start even though it wasn’t due. This happened more than once, and I remember wondering if somehow the C was affecting my period. Cut to me now, I’m 46 years old and am officially menopausal. No period for over a year. None of my friends are in complete menopause yet and I’m 5 years younger than the average menopause age of 51. 

Has anyone else gone through menopause earlier than normal?

they were very high doses of multi vitamin/minerals and amino acids supposedly designed to help people come off psychotropic meds --- so they had the entire kitchen sink in them ----- the vitamins had over 50 things in it and the aminos had over 40.  So, a lot of stuff.  I "tapered" in that I removed them over a four month period --- my doc was like "they are vitamins - don't worry about it" -- but then when the bottom came out I called the company and spoke to one of their scientists.  he was the one that told me that their supplements were designed to potentiate psych meds so that we could come off them easier.  I sure wish I had known that before.

that said, I did go from 1.5 down to .64 in a year and somebody in here mentioned that was quite a lot -- I hadn't really considered that just that alone might have caught up to me -- not to mention the massive changes to my CNS by removing so many things. 

I am praying that I can find some solace, support and success in slowing it all down and just staying put where I am for now.

can I ask how many have had success with a longer hold after a rough taper experience? 

thanks!

300days I am so very sorry you are suffering so much.  I think it could be both the supplements and your cuts catching up with you.  Sadly there are not only prescription medications but also OTC meds that have to be tapered slowly I have found out the hard way.  I was given a BP med that caused severe side effects yanked off of that given xanax 1.25mg then yanked off that to an uneqvilent dose of ativan 1.5mg then put through the process of tapering too fast.  Finally figured everything out and held for 7-8 weeks I saw an improvement not alot but some then I started my taper back and was doing pretty well until I tried to also taper buspirone then my mother passed.  I'm holding again at .553mg and reinstated the buspirone going to wait until I'm stable then DLMT slowly.  I believe if you will hold until you stabilize you will do much better it may take a little time.  Bless your heart I am so sorry.  Rest as much as you can.

I don’t know if it’s just a coincidence but what it seems to help me are electrolytes (it’s very hot where I live) NAC, omega 3, vitamin C, and I think also zinc and vitamin B12, but maybe it depends also on the symptoms we have. Mine are fatigue and brain fog, so a little push can be beneficial for me but detrimental for others. Like for me it seems a cup or two of coffee is good because it gives me more

energy

thanks for all of the replies --- I really appreciate it -- I am in a pretty tough place.  I think you guys are right that coming off the supplements so fast (as well as just the lowering of the Xanax) caught up to me.  Anyone else have primarily mental symptoms ---- that is what has got me the most -- depression, anxiety, internal agitation, feeling really out of it, disconnected from anything and everything I love, apathy.  Anyone have these things or hear of someone who did and found a long hold helped? 

thanks so much

diane - i am sorry about the loss of your mother.  terrible to go through that while managing all of this as well. 

to the group --- I was kind of scrolling through earlier posts on this site-- have you guys seen a few people that did well with the long holds? I know that there is always that talk about not holding too long as you will hit tolerance -- I just was never clear if tolerance really happens once you've been tapering......

any thoughts or support would be really appreciated? 

Hi 300,

I held for some 6 months about half way through my taper. It did me a lot of good. After that time I somehow felt I was ready to start tapering again. Needed to hold again as I got lower, but for much shorter ( a few weeks or towards the end just a few days).

There's others like Valiumnomore and Stut who held for much longer in order to become more stable again.

So a hold could be the right step for you at this moment!

Good luck.

Trochsetter

diane - i am sorry about the loss of your mother.  terrible to go through that while managing all of this as well. 

to the group --- I was kind of scrolling through earlier posts on this site-- have you guys seen a few people that did well with the long holds? I know that there is always that talk about not holding too long as you will hit tolerance -- I just was never clear if tolerance really happens once you've been tapering......

any thoughts or support would be really appreciated?

Thank you.  I wish I could be of more help about the long holds but I'm sure there are others like Troch that chime in

Hugs❤

I'm posting to all those afraid to hold. I used to be a regular on here but life has gotten so busy for me I rarely have time to post. So I have held as long as six months and others have held a year or longer and only improved. The thing to remember with benzos is you always get worse before you get better. They seem to have a lag time with sxs but trust me things do and will settle down. People talk about tolerance and the need to rush before it happens, something I absolutely don't agree with, the truth is most of us are in tolerance before we even taper. My Xanax stopped giving me a therapeutic effect long before I began my taper. In my opinion we're in tolerance all the way through our tapers. Don't let tolerance scare you bc chances are you've been there for a long time already. The sxs while tapering are not from tolerance it's from withdrawal. Withdrawing from any benzo is hard and comes with numerous sxs. If you want to get off your benzo with as minimal pain as possible go slow. In my opinion going slow is the only way to get off safely and to minimize sxs. So far going slow has worked very well for me. Trust the process and go slow and give your body time to heal on between holds, it will.

Best of luck to all,

Trishy

Hi Trishy,

Well said! 👍

I 'm sooo glad you're doing a lot better! You sound great! ❣

I remember you being in a bad bad place last year.

Wonderful to see you found your old self back!

We all had to learn there's only one way to taper and recover, and that's to go slow!

Take care and enjoy! 💋

Trochsetter

Trishy and Trochesetter,

Thank you for the encouragement.  Trishy, you said things can often get worse before they get better.  I was reading your posts and it looks like you started to feel really well within a month (back when you were at 1.5) and able to be with family, etc.  I am so scared because after I came off the supplements (in late May) -- I continued with my very slow water titration method.  I have only dropped to .64 from .75 in February -- so only 14% in like six months --- but I also came off ten vitamins and six aminos during that time as well and it was as I did so that things began to fall apart.

I have very bad terror/fear, intrusive thoughts, depression, anxiety, the works.........I stopped even my tiny water titration and am holding now for eight days so far.  Today is really bad with the feeling I am trapped, I'll never feel comfortable around my family again ( I feel afraid to be around them and don't have any positive emotions).  I am already on an AD of sorts (15mg of mirtazapine for sleep/appetite that I was put on before my taper started in June of 2020. 

I am just scared that a long hold won't help.  but hearing that things can worsen before they stabilize is something I am holding on to.  Troche - was this true for you as well? 

I just want to be able to enjoy being around my nieces and nephews again -- this has been totally debilitating.  was able to work up until a few months ago - now I am just bed surfing daily trying to get through this.

thanks for the support -- I feel like such a mess

Hi 300,

Just found a quote on Begood's page: " It will get better! Just hold on and be patient." That's it in a nutshell.

Yes, I did get worse before starting to feel a little better. Like many on here, I 've had times when I thought I was never going to feel better and get off of this poison. But I did and so did others! Hard to believe when you're feeling as awful as you do right now,  but keep on hoping!

Stay strong!

Trochsetter

I've been holding for nearly 7 months at .25mg. I was much better after the first few months but no I am mostly bed ridden.

my iron levels where fine 6 months ago, actually everything was fine. does anyone experience  sudden pass out feelings? like you are going to collapse but  you don't.  I know wd  can weaken all systems.

specially on my period  anyone has had this?

Hi everyone,

Hope you’re doing ok.  I’m in a wave. Coming up to my period. Arghhhhh. I know I’ll get through this but I’m in need of encouragement right now.  I’ve just passed 18 months since jumping.  I want off this rollercoaster.

Daniel,

I am confused from your profile -- so since march of 2020 you have decreased from 3mg of klonopin to .25 of klonopin -- is that right?  you have been holding at .25mg k for seven months were getting better but now getting worse?  how long have you been bed bound? 

thanks - I would just love to hear more of your story

hi group,

I am curious -- I feel bad from morning until evening -- is this common in withdrawal?  not that I feel super good in the evening, just better than during the day.

thanks

Hi 300,

I'm the same way I generally feel better after my evening meal.  I read where this happens to a lot of people.

Wishing you better windows.

Hi,

Yes, I had that too for over a year. Couldn't wait for evening to come!

As the others said, it's quite normal.

Good luck! It does get better!

Trochsetter

Well I’m back in this group girls!!

After being gone for 117 days, since I first started a small amount of Valium, my period has come back!

This is not welcome news, but I know why I had increased headaches and backaches the last few days!

The only upside is that my period always helps relieve any constipation, which there has been plenty since I’ve moved more over to Valium!

I’m not looking forward to the Akathisia that I will get every night now, I pray that won’t happen.

I so, enjoyed the 117 day break!

Hugs

Winnie  >:(

I think this is good news..sounds like your body is sorting out its normal healthy hormone rhythm again. !!

Got my period today - 2 weeks late but phew hopefully the wave it’s bought can vanish out the door pronto! Hope you’re all doing ok.

hi group,

I broke down and updosed from .65 to 1mg of x.  I had been doing really well in my taper until I had to pull the massive supplements I was on and it pushed me into what felt like acute withdrawal the last few months.  I had just been waiting it out but have become basically bed bound and non-functional.  I feel like I've failed by updosing but felt I had to do something.  Today is day one - -no better, maybe slightly worse -- but I think I have read that it can take a while to feel the effects of an updose.  now plan on just doing a long hold to see if I can gain stability.  any thoughts, suggestions, personal experience withu updosing?  I've read the posts on that specific support group.  looks like some it helped, others not so much.  thanks

[9a...]