The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

This might be a silly question but do you ever hold just because of events coming up. I'm very new to tapering. I'm going to cut this week after hold for about a month. In nov, is my sons bday and then Thankgiving and then Christmas. I don't want to be in total WD during these times.  Just wanted to hear your experiences.  Going to 16 mg this week. So far I'm experiencing anxiety, chills, fatigue. I'm still able to do some online work from home. Can still drive, but some days I have to lay down a lot.

I'm sorry ladies for the suffering. I can tell now 2-3 days in advance when my period will start.  It's usually not bad during the end of my period. Mostly right before and and first day. I'm tapering too, I need to figure out when to cut. I always seem to cut right around my period...but maybe it's best to to do all the hard stuff at once (don't know).

This might be a silly question but do you ever hold just because of events coming up. I'm very new to tapering. I'm going to cut this week after hold for about a month. In nov, is my sons bday and then Thankgiving and then Christmas. I don't want to be in total WD during these times.  Just wanted to hear your experiences.  Going to 16 mg this week. So far I'm experiencing anxiety, chills, fatigue. I'm still able to do some online work from home. Can still drive, but some days I have to lay down a lot.

Yes, we do  :D.  My Dr actually believes in holds around the holidays because they can be stressful all on their own.  But I have a friend who was going on vacation, she held to calm her symptoms beforehand.  When we have something stressful coming up, a lot of us hold.  I held when I had had an eye procedure coming up.  So definitely, if you and your Dr are okay with it, hold, enjoy as much of your life as you can.    :D

Trina, I did a 10.5 month taper last year from 20 to .48 mg and lasted 4 days off. I thought that was a long taper and still got bit in the rear. I’m hoping this very slow taper off 4 mg lets me land a little more gently. I suppose not being able to get it up wouldn’t be so great, but if you don’t have any sex drive then maybe not so bad.  :laugh:

TG, yes I know when my period is coming for sure. My boobs get so sore plus I have a bit of trouble sleeping. I usually don’t cut until a few days into my period in hopes that it lessens symptoms.

Gildthelily you're very welcome back to this group. I'm sure I joined it after you left because I think I've never read your posts, but it's so nice to meet new LONG HOLDERS. By the way there are other xanax taperers I think.

Scaredie, by your signature I can't figure out how long you've been holding your dose. When was your last cut?

I've been holding my x dose since 9/1, after regrettable updose during emergency time of life. It's in my sig.

I hant cut my X, just stabilized.

My last benzo cut was from kpin. .125 cut on 6/12 & have held k @1.5 since then.

Hi Scaredie. I don't know what to say. Since june it is a reasonable hold for the K, but holding the X sice september is hardly a hold. I don't know anything about tapering two benzos so I don't dare say anything. What I do believe in general is that if there are bad wd symptoms I prefer to hold than to cut. But this is just my take because it's worked for me. At the end of the day, you have to ask your brin what's best for it. :smitten:

Vali,

Thanks for getting back & for trying to help. Yes, I'm trying to get a feel for what's a withdrawl sx vs what's an over medicated side effect vs what's a caffeine water side effect/or w/d...etc

Since I've had DR visual distortions for months, it's presumed I'm in tolerance.

I don't expect a big response. Just trying to fill you in a bit.

:smitten:

I had DR for months and just started improving on month 7 of my hold. Still improving. I only have DR now when under a huge amount of stress ie last August when a very conflictive tenant was leaving my apt and I had to deal with that. DR left probably around month 5-7 of holding. That's how it went for me. Of course, I came from a terrible place so I needed a very long hold. I still believe I need to hold as I'm still improving month after month. Sometimes backwards but then two steps forward.

Oh wow. I didn't know you had DR. Was it caused by Benzo withdrawl?

Thanks for sharing that with me.

I hope I can ask you some questions about the DR & your experience in how that happened to you & what your sxs were like, sometime?

How it felt when you started improving?

Did you have visual distortions with your DR? The entire time?

My brain doesn't want to work today to properly conversate.

So glad you're doing better. Appreciate the hope.

Hope to touch base again.

Scardie, .0625 divided by 3.5% = 1.78 % of your daily dose, which sounds like a good first cut.

Then wait to see how you feel.    Did you find anyone to give you advice on cutting both, or just one benzo at a time, which is what I think you should do.  The k has the longest half life, so imo, I would cut the X , then the K.  Good luck, I know this is a big step for you.  Really hoping this goes pretty easy and then you maybe able to go faster, but start out slow.. ;)  :smitten:

Thank you, Mary. I don't understand the math, but appreciate you sharing it. I'm awful with the math calculation stuff. No consistent advice on tapering 2 meds, yet. I agree cut one at a time & about the half life. One said to cut the one I'm least tolerant to last, I think, which would be xanax, I think, hard to say with DR, but that gets rid of my long half Life help of k.

I Havnt had help laying out any Sort of plan, big picture, yet.

A couple of nice people have shared how they each cut their x & the other their k.im very grateful for.

In gratitude

SC❤️

Hi Mary,

Hope you're having a good day.

I'm suddenly freaking out about all of these upcoming Drs appointments & not wanting to risk being worse beforehand. Ugh, they are piling up. So, I might continue to hold till I get through them. Not sure. At least the ones this week. (I'm telling pdoc my sxs this week. Then nuero soon, too.  Please wish me luck.)

Then take it one day at a time. I still need to practice quartering these pills.

I hate to ask, but, when if you get a chance, could you explain that math to me?

Are you saying .0625 is 1.78% of my 2mg daily Xanax dose?

I don't understand where you got the 3.5%?

In gratitude, SC❤️

I don't blame you at all for wanting to wait until Dr's appointments are over.  I often hold off when I have something coming up.  You  work your math with all the benzo you are taking, not just part, even if it's 2 different kinds.  ;)

Much thanks a Mary. I felt bad, you took time for me & worked math, then I realized, I've got all these doctors appointments. I apologize if I put you out. But it's still of course helpful & useful information.

But really? With all of your benzos totaled? My head is sorta spinning.

May we touch back on that math, after doctor marathon settles.?

XX :)

Scaredie, (forgive me if this has already been mentioned) would it be possible for you to switch over to only Klonopin? It would make tapering a lot simpler.

Scaredie, (forgive me if this has already been mentioned) would it be possible for you to switch over to only Klonopin? It would make tapering a lot simpler.

Well, yes it's a possibility & I understand that it would be more smile for taper,  but it's risky, since I'm unstable as far as DR & visual distortions go. I ponder if it's the best choice.  If I did that, I'd have to slowly, I believe, switch out one dose at a time & hold after each switch. So that would, I think be time consuming & risk further instability. It of course could also end up being helpful. I just don't know. I'm also not sure if my .5Kpin is equal in strength to my .5X or my .25X, Or is somewhere in between, as this generic X seems like its .25s could be as strong As my kpins .5s, but I'm not sure. So that complicates things. Additionally, I feel I'm more tolerant to K than X(been on k longer daily for years than x, before I swapped half out for equal half of x last dec) I feel that Xanax is more effective for my anxiety & sleep than klonopin & is less depressing & sedating. But I really don't know what the best thing is to do, given the DR & visual distortions.

Sorry so long. Thanks for asking. Good, helpful question.

SC

That is a goOd idea kitsune. I probably should not cut during my period making it worse. I'm being very careful and slow in my taper. I'm cutting about once every 3 1/2 weeks. And each cut has lined right up to my period. Yikes.

Hallelujah Flo has left the building for me. She was not a pleasant visitor this month. I’m going to try to track things better to see just how much things ramp up hormonally this month

Do any of you ladies notice more hormonal blemishes/acne during tapering/recovery? I had very minimal hormonal blemishes before benzos and now right around ovulation my chin and jawline breaks out like clockwork. So annoying. I’m guessing wearing a mask frequently isn’t helping matters.

Jwl, do you take niacin or niacinamide?

Hi Jasmine. Yes I take Niacin, it's part of my multi. It's a B vitamin necessary for methylation. It's also a vasodialator, it relaxes your blood vessels. Have you ever gotten a tingling feeling when you take it? It's the blood rushing to your face and arms.

Scardie, you might want to consider a crossover when you get lower in you dose. Valium is a little sedating but I found it helps with anxiety and sleep.

Tallgofer, I'm a big fan of long holds. I feel that's the time you heal and upregulate your receptors. Good job tapering, you're taking it nice and slow.

Good morning LHSG hoping everyone has a better day.

Sorry folks haven't time to address everyone as work is a nightmare 😵🤦.

Thanks Val for your message yes we really are in a pickle and l can't see it improving.The NHS is crippled and people are going to die.The NHS hasn't been fit for purpose for many years and each flu season it barely copes add in covid and it will crash and burn.One of the reasons l left in the first place so now we are in the real trouble.The fam are all doing well and muffin keeps trying but l can see a vet visit in the near future which is breaking my heart.l am just hopeful she makes it to January.l hope you are doing ok?l haven't caught up however l really hope you are seeing a little improvement? How's your daughter getting on?ls she back to school? You enjoy your day my lovely.love you.X

. Morning Scardie back with us l see and this time tapering that is good news woohoo 🎊🎉.I thought you were never going to taper.Listen love if you ask questions keep a note of the answers so you can go back and refresh your memory.l would agree with everything everyone here has said so far.Cut the Xanax first and just take it as it comes.Slow and steady and try not to panic and bounce up and down on your dose.Hang in there until things settle down.You dr/dp could be from tolerance, withdrawal or a side effect who knows for sure we just have to keep going and believe that we can and will get off this poison.love you.X

Morning Newbies sorry l haven't caught up with any of you but you should get plenty of good advice here.Stay strong my friends.X

. Morning Ginger how are you now honey?Are you feeling any less anxious?l really hope so.l know anxiety is horrible l have lived with it for years and to be fair until you have lived with it you can never know how crippling it can be.I know you will get through this honey just look after yourself and keep an eye on your thoughts.

Have to say yes l have a good memory however l work on it daily and l believe that is why it is as good now as it was 20 years ago.love you.X

Morning Suzy l wish you were a little kinder to yourself pet.l know we all make mistakes and the number of clangers l have dropped over the years is unbelievable.You know what if l could go back in time and do it all over again l would probably do the same bloody things 😉.Hindsights marvelous but we can't see the future so we plod along trying to do the right thing.Please stop being critical of yourself and practice being kind.Treat yourself the way you would a friend in the same situation.love you.X

Morning Trish where are you?l am not getting a good feeling about this absence of yours.Are you hanging in there.love you my LST.X

. Morning lady Mary, Gilly Valley Free Troch Olive NJ GP Final Bill Intend Nova Meems Esperanza Intend LWT Jasmine and everyone here sending you my love.X

Very sore breasts this month starting around, and now especially after, ovulation. Definitely not pregnant. No sign of this painful symptom relenting. More progesterone circulating? I don’t know. :(

Wish I had a good naturopath I could afford. Seems like the only remedy is to try and become one myself.

Period in 8 days. I use the “Flo“ cycle tracker app.

Stut good morning! Thanks for your lovely post. I will pray for muffins. I'm so sorry the situation is so bad for nurses and I feel so bad for you dear. I hope things get better. Please please please take care. 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

Morning everyone and Stut.

Stut, so nice if you to remember & welcome me back in. Thanks for your input & enthusiastic encouragement. Ok. I'll maybe try & start a notebook to keep track. I'm very much struggling with organization, in general. Hope you are well. Sorry I'm not caught up yet. LY XX

Thx JWl.

Mary, please don't be upset, but green cup said I'm to take percentages from each individual benzo. One at a time.  I thought thats what she meant. So I'm of course confused. Do you know if there's more than one method to do this?

Hope all have a good day. Doctors for me...

LY

XX SC

Before benzos, I’d have occasional sore boobs after ovulating. In withdrawal, I feel like benzo gremlins are viciously attacking my girls from the inside out. Lol. Oh, this experience!! I chalk it up to extra sensitive nerves and pain receptors.

May it pass quickly for you and all of us!

Beauty

Stut dear,

Thank you for the encouraging words.  I'm much better since last Thursday.  Anxiety gone, digestive issues much improved.  I'm keeping busy canning pickled beets, tomatoes, and putting ths garden to bed.  Snow in the forecast for the end of the week.

I'm filling my mind with positive thoughts.  It leaves no room for negative thoughts. I will speak some positive ones for Muffin. 

I'm sorry things are difficult at work.  I'm a nurse too and can't imagine working under present conditions.  You have great strength. Ginger

Scardie, .0625 divided by 3.5% = 1.78 % of your daily dose, which sounds like a good first cut.

Then wait to see how you feel.    Did you find anyone to give you advice on cutting both, or just one benzo at a time, which is what I think you should do.  The k has the longest half life, so imo, I would cut the X , then the K.  Good luck, I know this is a big step for you.  Really hoping this goes pretty easy and then you maybe able to go faster, but start out slow.. ;)  :smitten:

Thank you, Mary. I don't understand the math, but appreciate you sharing it. I'm awful with the math calculation stuff. No consistent advice on tapering 2 meds, yet. I agree cut one at a time & about the half life. One said to cut the one I'm least tolerant to last, I think, which would be xanax, I think, hard to say with DR, but that gets rid of my long half Life help of k.

I Havnt had help laying out any Sort of plan, big picture, yet.

A couple of nice people have shared how they each cut their x & the other their k.im very grateful for.

In gratitude

SC❤️

Hi Mary,

Hope you're having a good day.

I'm suddenly freaking out about all of these upcoming Drs appointments & not wanting to risk being worse beforehand. Ugh, they are piling up. So, I might continue to hold till I get through them. Not sure. At least the ones this week. (I'm telling pdoc my sxs this week. Then nuero soon, too.  Please wish me luck.)

Then take it one day at a time. I still need to practice quartering these pills.

I hate to ask, but, when if you get a chance, could you explain that math to me?

Are you saying .0625 is 1.78% of my 2mg daily Xanax dose?

I don't understand where you got the 3.5%?

In gratitude, SC❤️

I don't blame you at all for wanting to wait until Dr's appointments are over.  I often hold off when I have something coming up.  You  work your math with all the benzo you are taking, not just part, even if it's 2 different kinds.  ;)

Much thanks a Mary. I felt bad, you took time for me & worked math, then I realized, I've got all these doctors appointments. I apologize if I put you out. But it's still of course helpful & useful information.

But really? With all of your benzos totaled? My head is sorta spinning.

May we touch back on that math, after doctor marathon settles.?

XX :)

Of course Scardie!!  I just hope all the appointments go well  :D

Stut, so nice if you to remember & welcome me back in. Thanks for your input & enthusiastic encouragement. Ok. I'll maybe try & start a notebook to keep track. I'm very much struggling with organization, in general. Hope you are well. Sorry I'm not caught up yet. LY XX

Thx JWl.

Mary, please don't be upset, but green cup said I'm to take percentages from each individual benzo. One at a time.  I thought thats what she meant. So I'm of course confused. Do you know if there's more than one method to do this?

LY

XX SC

I could be wrong, I am certainly not always right.  If I think of it one way, I think doing a total of the benzo is right, but I can also see Green Cups thought process.    Either way, when you are done with the Xanax, you still have 1.5 mgs of K.  So a total of 42.85 % of the total amount of the benzo left.

I think Green Cup is right :D.  Now my brain is  :idiot: 

Thx JWl.

LY

XX SC

I could be wrong, I am certainly not always right.  If I think of it one way, I think doing a total of the benzo is right, but I can also see Green Cups thought process.    Either way, when you are done with the Xanax, you still have 1.5 mgs of K.  So a total of 42.85 % of the total amount of the benzo left.

I think Green Cup is right :D.  Now my brain is  :idiot:

Omgosh Mary. You are so smart with numbers! Whipping off that percentage.  ;D

It is, at least for me, a little mind boggling🤯. I can see thinking of it both ways, too.

Sorry, Gotta run. Thx for response. I'm not sure, now. :D

TTYL

"flo" is called "aunt Martha" in my house - long story.

As for breaking out/acne I broke out horribly in acute, but since then its been minimal - I know I'm lucky. I know another member on BB who had it so bad it was cystic and caused scarring.

sore chest.. - yup. But i've always had that just before my monthly.

Thanks Stut! I'm trying it just loops in my head. Like I'm stuck in it no matter how many times I try to rationalize,  my head keeps debating with itself. Its driving me nuts. I hope this one goes soon. Its probably still the gabap, who knows maybe it was helping me. Im still on 600 though. Sorry to hear that things are so bad with covid. This is truly horrible. Please stay safe! Love you Suzy

[8a...]